The Student Room Group

What is dating like in university?

Is it hard to find an actual relationship in university? I plan to start dating once I get to university as I do not plan to have any ties to my hometown so I do not see any point in dating anyone before I start uni.

Scroll to see replies

Great to see your full attention is on academic attainment ! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Lol :smile:, the shade lmao - but in all seriousness, I heavily considered the academic side as that is the number one priority with uni but I want to be married and settled down by mid 20s. I’m not planning on dating just for the sake of dating. Dating is just a small aspect of uni. I plan on putting in the work academically and being very committed, so don’t get me wrong with that.
Reply 3

Btw, this is the relationship forum so I do not get why you provided that comment.
Lol :smile:, the shade lmao - but in all seriousness, I heavily considered the academic side as that is the number one priority with uni but I want to be married and settled down by mid 20s. I’m not planning on dating just for the sake of dating. Dating is just a small aspect of uni. I plan on putting in the work academically and being very committed, so don’t get me wrong with that.

Hahah Yeah no shade just a sarcastic comment.

Do consider do you genuinely think the overall quality of people/ pool of people in Uni are of high quality? A quality person that you think can be your partner in the future. It's a tough ask from the average Uni student, yes they will grow out of their uni phase after, but why not look for a relationship when you're out of uni and more established?

I personally think MANY (not all) people at this stage of their life will likely not prioritise you nor the "relationship" in the way it should be if the goal of relationship is to be settled in 5 -7 years time.

I think it's a big mistake to go in idealising something that likely won't last, and in the process damage your emotional wellbeing and more importantly academic capacity which you are putting yourself into debt for. I personally am starting Med school this September, for the years ahead my 2 main focus are

1) Becoming Academic Weapon
2) Income
^ Becoming ''academic weapon''?!
A minefield . Everywhere I turned theri was gash . Gash everywhere

I hope this isn’t the gash I think it is regarding uni dating.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Anon 2 said that and you’re anon 3. Using dupes are we? 🫢

No I'm a different Anon, I just identify as an 'academic weapon' too
I hope this isn’t the gash I think it is regarding uni dating.

What’s gash?
And I’ve already bazooka’d out of uni so no academic weapon concern for me!

You sure abut that
Original post by NewJobStarter
What’s gash?

Pussy.
Pussy.

Yay misogyny ! I love it. /s
Yay misogyny ! I love it. /s

Explaining gash means pussy isn’t misogyny.
Explaining gash means pussy isn’t misogyny.

Didn't mean you. I want to comment on Anon 4's comment anyway. If he (and he surely is a he) is talking about dating at uni as a 'minefield of pussy' then he is diminishing women to their genitals and denigrating, as a gender, their selfhood. Women aren't sex objects for men. And by the way I see the use of the word 'pussy' as misogynist too.
Didn't mean you. I want to comment on Anon 4's comment anyway. If he (and he surely is a he) is talking about dating at uni as a 'minefield of pussy' then he is diminishing women to their genitals and denigrating, as a gender, their selfhood. Women aren't sex objects for men. And by the way I see the use of the word 'pussy' as misogynist too.

So you did also mean me, make your challenged mind up. Don’t care if you think “pussy” is misogynist, I don’t lol. Also, it’s clear the anons are trolling.
(edited 8 months ago)
Don’t care if you think “pussy” is misogynist, I don’t lol. Also, it’s clear the anons are trolling.

Well you're wrong and I don't care what you think. Trolling is still misogyny.
Well you're wrong and I don't care what you think. Trolling is still misogyny.

Nope, you're wrong and I don't care what you think, you disgusting troll.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 18
Theoretically it’s packed with opportunity. In reality I found it a surprisingly claustrophobic and unnatural dating environment. My luck changed very much for the better when I started work
Reply 19

what is this gash?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending