The Student Room Group

Medicinal chemistry

Hello,
I was wondering anyone doing medicinal chemistry, biochemistry medical ? Which one is better ? How is it at uni ? What jobs can you do after ?

I intended to go to medicine but due to a low ukcat that's not a plan anymore so now I'm looking up for back up plan :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not at uni yet (A2) but planning on applying to chemistry with medicinal chemistry next week !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Haha this post is so old ! I already applied to medicinal chemistry and got 2 offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by EJay28
I'm not at uni yet (A2) but planning on applying to chemistry with medicinal chemistry next week !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your application !!! Where are you planning to apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ruxy
Good luck with your application !!! Where are you planning to apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I know, I need to get it in but I want to make sure it's as good as it can be! And at the moment I think Warwick, York, Sheffield, Leeds and Sussex. Where are your offers from? Well done ! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AliRizzo
Hi can I ask where you've applied to and what your offer grades were?

I've applied to Warwick newcastle nottingham Loughborough and keele.

I received offers from Warwick conditional for MChem AAB ( chemistry with medicinal chemistry)
Loughborough conditional MChem ABB (medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by EJay28
Thanks! I know, I need to get it in but I want to make sure it's as good as it can be! And at the moment I think Warwick, York, Sheffield, Leeds and Sussex. Where are your offers from? Well done ! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Warwick nottingham newcastle Loughborough and Keele.
I got offers from Warwick Mchem AAB and Loughborough Mchem ABB.

I know I didn't apply to a lot of really good uni's excepting Warwick and nottingham but I already received an offer from Warwick which is my firm choice and I think keele will be my insurance.
I wanted to apply to work but I only have predicted AAAA not A* :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Ruxy
I applied to Warwick nottingham newcastle Loughborough and Keele.
I got offers from Warwick Mchem AAB and Loughborough Mchem ABB.

I know I didn't apply to a lot of really good uni's excepting Warwick and nottingham but I already received an offer from Warwick which is my firm choice and I think keele will be my insurance.
I wanted to apply to work but I only have predicted AAAA not A* :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot to add bath to my list ! I'm torn between surrey and Sussex too.
Your choices sound good though ! Ah yeah York is tough. Do any of yours interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by EJay28
I forgot to add bath to my list ! I'm torn between surrey and Sussex too.
Your choices sound good though ! Ah yeah York is tough. Do any of yours interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On ucas they said that Warwick and Nottingham may interview me for the course but I got an offer straight away from Warwick and I haven't heard anything from nottingham :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Ruxy
On ucas they said that Warwick and Nottingham may interview me for the course but I got an offer straight away from Warwick and I haven't heard anything from nottingham :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? They might prioritise other courses and not reply until jan idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by EJay28
When did you apply? They might prioritise other courses and not reply until jan idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied about a week ago haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Ruxy
I applied about a week ago haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok I'm sure you will be fine then !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by EJay28
Ah ok I'm sure you will be fine then !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your application! I'm sure you'll receive a lot of offers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Ruxy
Good luck with your application! I'm sure you'll receive a lot of offers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ruxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an offer from Warwick today! Did you hear back from Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by EJay28
I received an offer from Warwick today! Did you hear back from Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have all my offers now I will firm Warwick soon as soon as I decide my insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Ruxy
Yes I have all my offers now I will firm Warwick soon as soon as I decide my insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo congratulations !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by EJay28
Woo congratulations !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulation to you too. Do you think of firming Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Ruxy
Congratulation to you too. Do you think of firming Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not sure yet as I haven't visited it, so I'm hoping that there will be an applicant day so I can be certain :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by EJay28
No I'm not sure yet as I haven't visited it, so I'm hoping that there will be an applicant day so I can be certain :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been invited on 7th or 8th of February :smile: I've read comments and apparently people say it's a good place as the campus is outside city but you can go anytime to Coventry by bus so you kind of have the best of both worlds if you know what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending