The Student Room Group

A mad, mad day!

So, the first day of freshers is over, and it's been the busiest day of my life!

I got almost no sleep the night before, and had to get up at 4 30, to be in time for the ferry off the Isle of Wight (where I live). It was a lovely drive up through the New Forest, getting to Bath in less that 2 hours. Bath Spa is the prettiest uni ever, and I was so happy to finally be here!
Got enrolled, and then moved in by the 'Freshers Angels' who were there to help out/welcome people. Then unpacked, got the best freezer spot, and went to Sainsbury's with the mother for food. When we came back, we loaded up the freezer, and it was time for mum to say her goodbyes. I almost cried when we hugged goodbye, and she was about to start so we agreed that she should just go before either of us cried... When she left, I felt like crying, but instead opted to run and hide in my room, and not talk to anyone. After finding someone familiar and chatting to them, I went back to my flat, where everyone was in the kitchen, talking away! I felt right at home and soon got to know my housemates, who seemed lovely.

Me and two of the girls headed up to the SU together, bought drinks and listened to some of the open mic music, which was quite relaxing. I was beginning to feel a little less homesick, too. After that, all of the people in our halls were gathered together for a little 'getting to know each other' session. I felt incredibly awkward speaking in front of everyone, hoping I didn't come across as a complete weirdo. Then I made dinner, and went to meet my coursemates! They are all as strange as me and we all hit it off straight away. I'm going to love these people!

Chilled out in the flat for a bit, and loads of people from different blocks congregated in my flat's kitchen to drink. Sensing this was a bad idea, instead I followed the advice of the girls in the rooms opposite me, and went out to have fun. Went to a jazz night and listened to some rad music, which was relaxing! But I was exhausted by the end, with a very sore throat. Headed back to my friend's room (a friend who happens to also go to Bath Spa!) and watched True Blood, and said hi to her amazing housemates.

When I got back to my flat, I was in for an unpleasant greeting. Empty flat (thankfully) but the kitchen was a total disaster. Bottles and cans everywhere, furniture all over the place, drinks spilled and staining the table purple (will probably have to be bleached). It was ridiculous. I cleaned it up as best I could and put the bottles in the recycling, but I am still fuming. It astounds me how little respect some people seem to have for property, as well as their fellow housemates. I hope they're proud of themselves.

I've kind of been adopted by my friend's flat, who are all lovely people and very friendly. Not party animals like some people in my block! The girls on my floor are lovely, but the rest of my flatmates seems to be a bit wild, and a bit disrespectful.

I hope tomorrow goes ALL good instead of good with a bad ending like today!

Currently feeling very homesick, but trying not to think about home. Roll on, tomorrow!
Cool, you won't have time when you actually start your course to be homesick ! All the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending