The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
NNNNNnnnnn my brain isn't working and I can't remember properly!
Honestly I can't remember who I hung out with that time at all. I think I met ice_cube.
Original post by SmashConcept
Honestly I can't remember who I hung out with that time at all. I think I met ice_cube.

I used to go to the odd meet, however I have no idea who you used to be :p:

:jumphug:
There isn't really a subs social scene any more I don't think, or if there is I'm not welcome in it. Kind of sad IMO. We should do a GOGSoc meet :yy:

Yes please!
Original post by Aula

Plus side - St Pancras loos are clean and free.

Indeed. I always go over there instead. Yo Sushi too :yy:
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
There's nothing I abhor more than flatmates who can't tidy after themselves. How can you be past 20 and not know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ditto: Or be quiet. Thank God I don't have to put up with that anymore.
I've never been to any subs meets, although I've never paid for a sub :tongue: Got mine free :smile:

I have meet TSRians tho from the LDR Soc
Original post by Craghyrax
:jumphug:

Yes please!

Indeed. I always go over there instead. Yo Sushi too :yy:

:ditto: Or be quiet. Thank God I don't have to put up with that anymore.

I don't mind some noise. I can't expect silence, but simple manners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you MAYBE have. I first met people in Birmingham in early 2009 I think. There were quite a few people I didn't know because it was kind of the last time the "proper oldies" were around.

I went to that one, I think - a really huge one where we ended up in nandos? I remember talking to Glen and Charlotte and Zaf a lot, and Jangra, obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I wish I hadn't brought it up now because honestly I remember nothing. I know there was one in Birmingham with Kayzy and EducatingBrogan getting drunk together, and 3105 made his move on Yuffie which precipitated a fight with another guy who wanted to sleep with her a year or so later. Was that the one in 2009? Because in that case I was hanging out with those people. Also JessicaW maybe??
Reply 788
I literally don't remember any of this. Wtf. I was definitely there though. Was DanG there?
Original post by Piggsil
I literally don't remember any of this. Wtf. I was definitely there though. Was DanG there?

No, I didn't meet him until quite a bit later. Honestly I think I could be thinking of another meet.
I wish I hadn't brought it up now because honestly I remember nothing. I know there was one in Birmingham with Kayzy and EducatingBrogan getting drunk together, and 3105 made his move on Yuffie which precipitated a fight with another guy who wanted to sleep with her a year or so later. Was that the one in 2009? Because in that case I was hanging out with those people. Also JessicaW maybe??

Was 3105 and yuffie and the fight not Liverpool? Trying to work out if I went to this Birmingham meet! I'm presuming I didn't because I didn't meet Brogan to my knowledge.

TSR meets were the sole source of my social life in year 13 :emo:
Pretty sure DanG was there. It was absolutely massive. Every single person who has been mentioned so far was there - some of us sat away from the younger drunker people (well I suppose I was a younger person too but I hung out with the older people because I knew them better) like kayzy and SuicideCommando who eventually got asked to leave Spoons. Jacob had to pretend to be SC's dad at some point to get her into Spoons?

Nyny, I don't think you were at the Brum meet I'm remembering so this fits so far. 3105 and Llama's fight was at Liverpool, a meet I wasn't at because I was busy watching Brentford get promoted from League Two.
(edited 9 years ago)
Aaaaah yeah Llamageddon was the guy he fought. I also wasn't there for the fight, I was just saying that I was there when 3105 started his courtship (maybe). I'm so sure I only met Dan a couple of years later. I've met him twice, one time with the Boris bikes and the other time in Brum when we slept in a hostel. Neither of those were my first meet. Then again since I was a relatively new sub at the time it's always possible that I just hung out with a few people and didn't know who anyone else was. You know what someone without a life should do? Look up the thread in the back room and quote some of the posts from after it happened here.
Aaaaah yeah Llamageddon was the guy he fought. I also wasn't there for the fight, I was just saying that I was there when 3105 started his courtship (maybe). I'm so sure I only met Dan a couple of years later. I've met him twice, one time with the Boris bikes and the other time in Brum when we slept in a hostel. Neither of those were my first meet. Then again since I was a relatively new sub at the time it's always possible that I just hung out with a few people and didn't know who anyone else was. You know what someone without a life should do? Look up the thread in the back room and quote some of the posts from after it happened here.

Ah yes I was at that Birmingham meet! I drank a whole bottle of wine in wetherspoons. Christ. This means I must know who you are...

Edit: or was I? I was at a meet with Kayzy and DanG and a hostel in Birmingham but it might have been like 2010.

Yeah it was Llamageddon. It's my understanding that Llamageddon and Yuffie were having a thing but then Yuffie went off with 3105 and then nobody could sleep in that hotel room. I think I was being ill whilst the fight happened. I am very glad I've grown up.
Original post by Nynyflower
Ah yes I was at that Birmingham meet! I drank a whole bottle of wine in wetherspoons. Christ. This means I must know who you are...

Edit: or was I? I was at a meet with Kayzy and DanG and a hostel in Birmingham but it might have been like 2010.

Yeah it was Llamageddon. It's my understanding that Llamageddon and Yuffie were having a thing but then Yuffie went off with 3105 and then nobody could sleep in that hotel room. I think I was being ill whilst the fight happened. I am very glad I've grown up.

In the hostel? Yeah you were there and yeah you know who I am. I was in the top bunk in the middle of the room above Dan. We called ourselves power top and power bottom. No homo. You cuddled with Estel that night. You saw the birth mark on my arse and I think that was kind of the beginning of the end of our friendship. Please tell me one person can guess who I am from one of my great stories without needing a PM.

Edit - this wasn't the 2009 meet that all the old subs were at, I think it was in 2010.
In the hostel? Yeah you were there and yeah you know who I am. I was in the top bunk in the middle of the room above Dan. We called ourselves power top and power bottom. No homo. You cuddled with Estel that night. You saw the birth mark on my arse and I think that was kind of the beginning of the end of our friendship. Please tell me one person can guess who I am from one of my great stories without needing a PM.

Edit - this wasn't the 2009 meet that all the old subs were at, I think it was in 2010.

Oh hi person who's name begins with G. That's not who I thought you were!
Who did you think I was???

:yy:
So you guys remember me blethering/dithering over a popular music fandom conference, to which I eventually submitted an abstract?! THEY ACCEPTED IT. ZOMG. Really wasn't anticipating that. They're gonna eat me alive! :eek4:

I guess at least I know what I'm gonna be spending the next few months doing! :work:
Reply 798
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So you guys remember me blethering/dithering over a popular music fandom conference, to which I eventually submitted an abstract?! THEY ACCEPTED IT. ZOMG. Really wasn't anticipating that. They're gonna eat me alive! :eek4:

I guess at least I know what I'm gonna be spending the next few months doing! :work:

IT LET ME REP YOU!!!

(sorry, bit overexcited there :ninjagirl:)

I'm curious who SmashConcept is :holmes:
Have we ever spoken?
IT LET ME REP YOU!!!

(sorry, bit overexcited there :ninjagirl:)

:teehee: :lovehug: :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending