The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Two unis have contacted me for my internship! :woo:
Reply 1781
Original post by Múinteoir
It's a bit late for 'Happy Friday', so 'Happy Weekend' may be more appropriate.

:woo:

I have a 3 hour family law exam tomorrow. I know absolutely nothing (and I'm not just saying that) - I have been reading through the materials and it's still all just blub blub blub.

You have an exam on a Saturday? :yikes:

I have a 3 hour family law exam tomorrow. I know absolutely nothing (and I'm not just saying that) - I have been reading through the materials and it's still all just blub blub blub.

Still very much Friday here! I'm just home from campus, got a freshly opened beer and am waiting for my Korean food to arrive (wild night! :wink: )

Very best of luck for the exam! Try to relax, if you can, unlikely you'll cram much in between now and then, and better to be well rested and calm tomorrow :goodluck:
Original post by Josb
Two unis have contacted me for my internship! :woo:

Original post by Josb
You have an exam on a Saturday? :yikes:

Yup. I've been doing a course through distance learning. Decided to do the exam on a weekend because there just isn't enough time during the week...I didn't really think it through lol.

Original post by madamemerle
Still very much Friday here! I'm just home from campus, got a freshly opened beer and am waiting for my Korean food to arrive (wild night! :wink: )

Very best of luck for the exam! Try to relax, if you can, unlikely you'll cram much in between now and then, and better to be well rested and calm tomorrow

That sounds perfect :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: True - never been able to cram, I'm hoping I will go to sleep tonight and wake up smart tomorrow :mmm:
(edited 9 years ago)

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Craghyrax
Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Good luck! I'm sure you know more than you think - just remember that you have read and prepared, the work you have done will come out in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if it's too late but good luck :hugs:

Best of luck! :hugs:
Original post by arguendo
Good luck! I'm sure you know more than you think - just remember that you have read and prepared, the work you have done will come out in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry if it's too late but good luck :hugs:

Original post by Slowbro93
Best of luck! :hugs:

It wasn't fun - my scatterbrained self and exams do not get along - but at least it is over.

Does anyone else get really bothered about ticking clocks? It's not just an exam thing but I have to resist the urge to smash it, or remove it from the room. :mad2::judge:

It wasn't fun - my scatterbrained self and exams do not get along - but at least it is over.

Does anyone else get really bothered about ticking clocks? It's not just an exam thing but I have to resist the urge to smash it, or remove it from the room. :mad2::judge:

I hate ticking clocks in exams. They either creep me out or make me wanna destroy it :tongue:

Yes that's the spirit - it's over! That's the main thing :hugs:

I hate them in any context! If I'm staying somewhere with one, I will take the batteries out because I won't sleep otherwise. They drive me MAD

Glad you are thinking positively about the exam - I feel the same way about my recent coursework; it definitely didn't go the way I wanted, but at least it's in and out of the way. Onto the next thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate them in any context! If I'm staying somewhere with one, I will take the batteries out because I won't sleep otherwise. They drive me MAD

Glad you are thinking positively about the exam - I feel the same way about my recent coursework; it definitely didn't go the way I wanted, but at least it's in and out of the way. Onto the next thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to stop wearing my watch in bed because it drove my husband mad. I actually find clocks and watches really soothing and they help me get to sleep...fans too, and airconditioners. The only place I remember being irritated by clocks is at secondary school...something about those funny school clocks where the hands are so big and heavy that they jerk backwards after moving forward a minute used to really annoy me...like they were stealing back time and lengthening my day!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I hate ticking clocks in exams. They either creep me out or make me wanna destroy it :tongue:

Yes that's the spirit - it's over! That's the main thing :hugs:

Haha :biggrin:

Thanks - hope you are well :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! They annoy me to an irrational level I think... I honestly want to smash them...although my rational side tells me to either take the batteries out, or remove it from the room. There are certain noises that grate - even if they are not particularly loud. Noisy eaters is another.

I think sometimes that's the best way to look at it; once a piece of coursework is handed in, or an exam is over, it's too late to change anything, so it's best to see what happens (because it might not be as bad as you think) and to focus on the next task.

I hope everything turns out well with your coursework, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Do you have a long wait for the results?

Original post by madamemerle
I had to stop wearing my watch in bed because it drove my husband mad. I actually find clocks and watches really soothing and they help me get to sleep...fans too, and airconditioners. The only place I remember being irritated by clocks is at secondary school...something about those funny school clocks where the hands are so big and heavy that they jerk backwards after moving forward a minute used to really annoy me...like they were stealing back time and lengthening my day!

Haha I know what you mean about the hands.

My friend says the same thing about the noise and finding it soothing. His pet hate is light in the room - if there's even the smallest gap in the curtains, or the power light on the TV or other electrical items, he goes mad.
Reply 1794
. His pet hate is light in the room - if there's even the smallest gap in the curtains, or the power light on the TV or other electrical items, he goes mad.

:ditto: me
Not going to multiquote but...

No clocks don't drive me mad but they do my guests. I think that whatever you're not used to will drive you mad. We don't have a clock in our bedroom but we do in every other room in the house. I like being able to see the time from wherever I am without faffing with a sleeve to get at my watch. And the ticking is peaceful.

Like others said I find the noise of a machine really soothing when sleeping. We had to have a dehumidifier in Norwich because of bad damp in the house and it ended up being such a life saver because it drowned out the noise of the neighbour's loud tv that she'd keep on all night. Now I can't sleep without it, and it means having a room overlooking a main road isn't a problem.

I am very bothered by lights in the room. We have black out blinds (for my husband actually) and if there is a tiny light from a machine we cover it with a sock or something.
I've had a week of visiting relatives, and I had two nights in a row of no sleep at all :sigh: I feel like I've been hit by a bus.
Reply 1797
I've had a week of visiting relatives, and I had two nights in a row of no sleep at all :sigh: I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

:jumphug:
Was just looking at the time and thinking it's really late (early) there....

:sad: :hugs: :console:

lol I've done lots of exams invigilation and there is a definite tendency among candidates to have a clock obsession!

Complaints I have had:

I can't see the clock properly, it's at an angle, so I can't tell the right time

That clock is too loud

(from GCSE students) The clock has just ticked over to 3.30, the exam's finished, can we go?

(from A Level students) The clock's only just ticked over to 3.30, we want the rest of the minute to finish what we're writing

My watch doesn't say the same time as the clock, can you reset the clock for me?

My watch doesn't say the same time as the clock, can you reset my watch for me?

You're supposed to give us a 10 minute warning but you only gave us a 9 minute warning

You gave us the 10 minute warning with only 9 minutes 45 seconds to go

I actually do take all of these very seriously as generally the candidates are stressed about their exams so it's a good idea to be helpful… having said that I do draw the line at changing the time on a complicated watch, I'd have no idea!

ps - today's my first day back at post-Christmas serious study, can you tell I'm procrastinating? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending