The Student Room Group

I feel like **** at uni; are these people even my friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by icup12
I'm trying to get to know my group of "friends" but it's so hard. I'm trying so hard to keep the friendship. I just feel so crap and lonely.

Yesterday, Katie, Hannah and I was walking to our lecture and Katie turns to Hannah, "let's go library on this so-so date" and she didn't have the decency to include me? :frown: I was literally beside them... am I invisible or something? I felt like crying on that day.

So I made new friends and I went out with them on this party event and I managed to bump into Katie and her friend and her friend's boyfriend. She comes over to me and says, "let me hang around with you, I don't want to be a third wheel/awkward around them" - SERIOUSLY!?!?!!??!? now you want to talk to me...

sounds like she's just interested in finding the best situation for herself, don't cry over yesterday it happens to me just ignore it. Don't let her selfishness bring you down you've done well by making your own friends:smile: doesn't sound like she's doing so great
Original post by icup12
Where do I start?

When I started moving in the flat, I met my fellow classmate (let's call her Katie) who I talked to over Facebook before. It was nice since she was the same ethnicity as me.
After a week, she talked to other people in our course (Of course I did too) and after several days, I missed one day (it was a full day full of lectures) and when I fully recovered the next day, they organised to meet in the library without me. I felt so left out. The day I wasn't here, they automatically become "best friends".
Every time I meet up with them, it gets awkward - it's like they don't want me there. I can sense it. Cos one time, we was walking to a lecture and I was in front of her walking towards our seats and 30 minutes later, she goes "where's so-and-so (meaning me)"... I WAS IN FRONT OF HER. WALKING IN FRONT OF HER. HOW COULD SHE NOT SEEN ME.

This recently happened as well... the lecturer gave us a task to work in groups of 3/4 and once we dispersed, She (Katie) said, "I'm going to work with Hannah (this girl in our group; we have our little friendship group in the course) and She (Katie) looked at me and said "who are you working with?" and I said "I thought I was working with you guys" and she said "Oh.." ... I mean...come on!!

I was friends with her before the course started and now she's become like this - leaving me out on this like I'm invisible. I feel so depressed. I know I shouldn't dwelll on this but it doesn't make sense... I just want to cry cos that's all the friends I've got...

Uni will be fun they said... fun... on top of that, I have social anxiety which probably why I'm hated... ugh. Can someone kill me now... I had depression before going to uni too... feels like it's coming back.

Maybe I don't deserve to have friends...

UGH. The human race irritates me. Based on your post, I feel that you are like best friend MATERIAL. Can't people see that?
No worries though. You've got this! Put yourself together and find yourself new pals. You don't have time for BASICS. Chin up and do yah thanggggg.
Clearly she's a floater and has no set social friends in University she just floats from one group to another depending on what situation she's in me personally I'd tell her to sod off and find another ''Situation Friend'' :smile:
Reply 43
Thank you guys. you guys cheered me up and give me hope :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending