The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
If he's a half decent person/tutor, he'll realise it's a legitimate concern and will treat it as such. Don't think you're thick, hun :hugs:

I'm assuming he's half decent as he holds a phD and has gone through the process many times. Out of all the staff he's the one i've spoken to the least probably, i'm not really sure how to bring the topic up. I'll probably just mention it next meeting and see what happens. I don't have any doctors letters or anything to back it up but i doubt he's going to accuse me of lying about it. Thanks, it just sometimes feels that way with the way my brain seems to struggle some days :hugs:
Original post by james1211

I really should tell him. Like you say i wish i'd said something in first or second year then this wouldn't be as big of an issue right now :/ there are extentuating circumstances yeah, i'd hope i wouldn't have to rely on them to pass the course though :/

Thanks, best of luck telling your tutor too!

No worries, thanks! Staff at uni know about my MH conditions as during my year abroad I was really ill with extremely bad depression so I imagine they'll be understanding. One of my lecturers has been really nice about it. But yeah don't know how it is at your uni but I swear filling out the extenuating circumstances form is by far the worst part of any MH flare up XD Takes so long and then it's such a convoluted process!

I feel the same way re passing the course but I figure it's preferable to taking a leave of absence :smile: Hope you get better soon.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've hit rock bottom this morning. Don't know where it came from. Can't stop sobbing. Fell out with girlfriend. Everything sucks and I've thrown away 14 months of recovery. Want to run away and hide and not come out until I feel better. I feel so exposed and raw and I'm forced to be around people because there's nowhere to go in this house and no way to get out of this stupid village.

Posted from TSR Mobile
only 4 more lectures to review before tomorrow :h:
Reply 184
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I've hit rock bottom this morning. Don't know where it came from. Can't stop sobbing. Fell out with girlfriend. Everything sucks and I've thrown away 14 months of recovery. Want to run away and hide and not come out until I feel better. I feel so exposed and raw and I'm forced to be around people because there's nowhere to go in this house and no way to get out of this stupid village.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun :jumphug:
Can you go to your parents if they can pick you up? Just until things settle down?
:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats happened sweetheart?
Original post by Team_McDreamy
only 4 more lectures to review before tomorrow :h:

You'll get there!
not doing well today :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I know, but just always remember things won't be this way forever, as long as you work alongside your GP to find the best path for you xx

Thank you, it's funny (well maybe not the right word :tongue:) how you have to hit near the bottom (I've had worse than yesterday to be fair I guess) to wake up on a new day and realise "hell there's so much to be grateful for...it isn't all fallen apart" Thank you again.
I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP. She said that I have major depression and has prescribed me Prozac. Has anyone ever taken it? Experiences?
Original post by TeaLeaves93
I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP. She said that I have major depression and has prescribed me Prozac. Has anyone ever taken it? Experiences?

I took it, it induced mania for me leading my therapist and GP to think I'm probably bipolar. Having said that before it sent me manic it worked brilliantly, pretty much cured my OCD too. So long as it's only unipolar depression you shouldn't have the mania issues. There are several side effects though such as drowsiness and decreased appetite I suffered from when it was working but IMO the positives outweighed the negatives. Hope it works for you, everyone is different re medication so it seems everyone has a different experience :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 191

Well dont for goung to the drs :hugs:

I was on fluoxetine for a couple of months, each person reacts differently, i dont remember any massive side effects really, but i hope it helps you. Its one of the ones drs prescribe first, along with citalopram and sertraline that are commonly a first port of call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Well dont for goung to the drs :hugs:

I was on fluoxetine for a couple of months, each person reacts differently, i dont remember any massive side effects really, but i hope it helps you. Its one of the ones drs prescribe first, along with citalopram and sertraline that are commonly a first port of call.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never been on medication before so I don't know what to expect

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug:

Well done for going to the GP. When I was put on Prozac, it got me out of bed and back to being semi-functional. It wasn't the right drug for me but I hope it will bring you some relief :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
Oh hun :jumphug:
Can you go to your parents if they can pick you up? Just until things settle down?
:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gf took me to visit them and we stayed there for a couple of hours. And then my auntie knocked on the door sobbing (I can't remember the last time she was at my parents house) because my granddad is in hospital because he's had a stroke. Everyone at my parents house was sobbing so I had to leave again. Now curled up on the settee whimpering softly with some gin, my puppy and my gf throwing chocolate in me.

Original post by .snowflake.
whats happened sweetheart?

Think I'm just hormonal and super stressed about a couple of things so I was picking a fight/playing the victim. I wanted to go to the boat to try and get it all ready for next week but gf changed her mind about going and wasn't very nice about it. She apologised and we went to see my parents so that made me feel a little less dreadful towards her but now things are much worse and I feel so awful I can barely move.
Reply 195
I've never been on medication before so I don't know what to expect

If it works hopefully it will lift you out of depression and bring you to a functioning person, it kinda did that for me, but like TLG said, it wasnt the right one for me either. But in my case im more complex than just depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Gf took me to visit them and we stayed there for a couple of hours. And then my auntie knocked on the door sobbing (I can't remember the last time she was at my parents house) because my granddad is in hospital because he's had a stroke. Everyone at my parents house was sobbing so I had to leave again. Now curled up on the settee whimpering softly with some gin, my puppy and my gf throwing chocolate in me.

Think I'm just hormonal and super stressed about a couple of things so I was picking a fight/playing the victim. I wanted to go to the boat to try and get it all ready for next week but gf changed her mind about going and wasn't very nice about it. She apologised and we went to see my parents so that made me feel a little less dreadful towards her but now things are much worse and I feel so awful I can barely move.

Atleast things with you gf are sorted, and having chocolate thrown at you is no bad thing :tongue:
:jumphug: sorry to hear about your grandad, i hope things get better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else having a bad day?
Need to post something so that i'm watching the thread.

Edit: Oh, that's not how it works.

I want chocolate.

Edit: The combination of being hungover and missing my sertraline means I feel like a bottomless pit today.
(edited 9 years ago)

Along with therapy, it helped me massively. It didn't work straight away and took a few months before I started to feel benefits but it definitely helped. I hope it helps you :smile:

Latest