The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
It's getting abit annoying now I've been on it about 18 months. Mirtazapine is weird in that it makes you less drowsy as you increase the dose :tongue: Generally I'm stable; I still have down patches but like 75-80% of my days are okay/good ones and I have my sex drive which I didn't have on Citalopram - like yourself I found it completely infurtiating :')

EDIT: Oh aswell. ED TW? - Just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler

If i was to try one again it sounds like it would be that. I was given some st johns wort to try so i'll probably try this for a month and see how it goes, if nothing, then i may be back to the docs to ask for Mirtazapine. Is it cheeky to ask for a certain one?

Spoiler

Original post by guitaristemily
im not doing all that well, to be honset.

Oh no, what happened if you don't mind me asking?

Are any of the regulars available on Facebook for you to speak with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone giveing hugs?

big virtual hug
Original post by senz72
Oh no, what happened if you don't mind me asking?

Are any of the regulars available on Facebook for you to speak with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont wanna speak about it.

and i dont have anyone on facebook; nor can i add them becuase of parents.

Original post by jelly1000
big virtual hug

<3
Original post by tasha96
She was just so horrible. :cry2:

:frown: I'm so sorry, when a healthcare professional is horrible it can such a bad effect. You're right when you say that they can go home at the end of the day without giving it a second thought and you're left with it. Not a nice position at all. :hugs:

anyone giveing hugs?

:penguinhug:

Original post by PandaWho
Id not reply, i did that with my counsellor at uni :ninja: she decided to spend an entire session to discuss how i put my shoes on and she felt i took life choices that caused me harm to subconsiously SH :lolwut: no im just very accident prone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking about it, yeah. I hate that I'm not assertive enough to just stick up for myself. I will make my final decisions about support after the psych next Tuesday. If it's terrible then I don't know what I will do with myself. Trying to go into it with a little hope but not any expectation so I'm hopefully not too hurt :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience

<3
Original post by Maid Marian
:sad: I can't imagine my new one will be anything like my old one ... I will go and see him but my hopes are pretty dashed and I really can't be bothered going through the whole "letting them get to know me" thing again.:nothing:

*curls up and moans*

You never know you might really click with the new one :smile:.

I hope everything works out for you. Sometimes these things take a little time though. Try not to be so negative about it and maybe it will be OK given a bit of time.

At the end of the day they are trying to help you and I'm sure that they will understand you after a little while.
Original post by james1211
If i was to try one again it sounds like it would be that. I was given some st johns wort to try so i'll probably try this for a month and see how it goes, if nothing, then i may be back to the docs to ask for Mirtazapine. Is it cheeky to ask for a certain one?

Spoiler

I've done a lot of research about SJW as that's what I'm trying, and I would urge you to give it a go if you're in a state where you're able to function, as it works best on mild to moderate conditions.

Be aware of the fact that it interacts with LOADS of drugs. It was easy for me as I'm not on anything else at all, but it's something to bear in mind.
Original post by Anonymous
I've done a lot of research about SJW as that's what I'm trying, and I would urge you to give it a go if you're in a state where you're able to function, as it works best on mild to moderate conditions.

Be aware of the fact that it interacts with LOADS of drugs. It was easy for me as I'm not on anything else at all, but it's something to bear in mind.

Yeah. Anxiety and general downbeat feelings is what i'm trying to combat here. I'm in a functioning state at the minute and i'm waiting on CBT so i guess it should suit me? I did check all the interactions first. As i'm no longer on medication it's fine. Thanks :smile:

You reckon it works then?
:sad: I can't imagine my new one will be anything like my old one ... I will go and see him but my hopes are pretty dashed and I really can't be bothered going through the whole "letting them get to know me" thing again.:nothing:

*curls up and moans*

:hugs: :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
:hugs: :hugs:

Thanks Dukey :jumphug:

I think that put me in a bad mood because I've felt rotten all day. :nothing: I thought I was starting to feel happier as well :bricks:
Thanks Dukey :jumphug:

I think that put me in a bad mood because I've felt rotten all day. :nothing: I thought I was starting to feel happier as well :bricks:

No worries sweeeeeetheart! :hugs:

You're gonna let people get to you!? M'lady, you're a maid and maid gives a colossal 'f you' to those who doubt her, those who dislikes her and those that quite frankly shouldn't deserve ya. You're a sweet and lovely girl and we adore you here :hugs:

Sorry if that bares no resemblance to what is being said, I saw you upset and wanted to digitally hug you :redface: :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
No worries sweeeeeetheart! :hugs:

You're gonna let people get to you!? M'lady, you're a maid and maid gives a colossal 'f you' to those who doubt her, those who dislikes her and those that quite frankly shouldn't deserve ya. You're a sweet and lovely girl and we adore you here :hugs:

Sorry if that bares no resemblance to what is being said, I saw you upset and wanted to digitally hug you :redface: :hugs:

Awh :redface: Haha it was my doctor leaving which leaves me dumped with some foreign doctor with bad English which makes me grumpy :frown:

You are so lovely :hugs::hugs: Thank yeee:hugs:
Awh :redface: Haha it was my doctor leaving which leaves me dumped with some foreign doctor with bad English which makes me grumpy :frown:

You are so lovely :hugs::hugs: Thank yeee:hugs:

Ohhhh, well my previous point remains so I'll just make another one :redface: Could you not change to another one? Or is it jam-packed and you had no choice? :smile: Maybe this'll cheer you up. I said hi to a cow at Uni today and moo'd at me back, I think it said "Duke...good job pal". i don't know, I'm not a wild thornberry :teehee:

Takes one to know one darlin' :hugs: Noooooo worries :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
Ohhhh, well my previous point remains so I'll just make another one :redface: Could you not change to another one? Or is it jam-packed and you had no choice? :smile: Maybe this'll cheer you up. I said hi to a cow at Uni today and moo'd at me back, I think it said "Duke...good job pal". i don't know, I'm not a wild thornberry :teehee:

Takes one to know one darlin' :hugs: Noooooo worries :hugs:

I dunno, these appointments are so difficult to get with such long waiting lists anyway :frown:

Awh :h: Lots of hugs :hugs: :hugs:
Sorry to anyone I worried yesterday. Big :lovehug: and thank you to Panda and Tasha who were amazing and lovely.

Apologies if you hate us for doing what we did. But atleast you're still here TO hate us.
I dunno, these appointments are so difficult to get with such long waiting lists anyway :frown:

Awh :h: Lots of hugs :hugs: :hugs:

There's nothing wrong with asking, at least you'd get an answer. You never know, he might be great after a while. Fingers crossed for you :h:

I take it you didn't like my cow story? :rofl:

I like hugs :jive: :hugs: :cube:
Original post by .snowflake.
Apologies if you hate us for doing what we did. But atleast you're still here TO hate us.

:lovehug:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

We knew we'd done the right thing when the police were taking it seriously as a concern for welfare report, even though we'd not been able to contact you for an hour.
:frown: I'm so sorry, when a healthcare professional is horrible it can such a bad effect. You're right when you say that they can go home at the end of the day without giving it a second thought and you're left with it. Not a nice position at all. :hugs:

I'm thinking about it, yeah. I hate that I'm not assertive enough to just stick up for myself. I will make my final decisions about support after the psych next Tuesday. If it's terrible then I don't know what I will do with myself. Trying to go into it with a little hope but not any expectation so I'm hopefully not too hurt :frown:

Latest