The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My brother always does this to me. He's 19 and yet always manages to announce that he's forgotten something on the 24th (so I'm still waiting for it) and expects me to go and find him something. The only reason I do it is because I don't want my parents to know that he didn't even bother thinking about them, so I find it easier to sort it out myself.

Although having said that, I really won't have the time this year because I will be visiting my uncle in hospital, so he's going to have to sort himself out.

Hope your uncle's ok. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
Hope your uncle's ok. :smile:

Not sure he'll come home to be honest. But we saw it coming. It's just horrible now it's here.
Reading through this thread makes me feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one who has to study while suffering with mental health issues... sometimes it's really difficult to stay motivated when you don't think you have anyone to turn to... Being diagnosed with bi-polar and anxiety made me worry that I wouldn't be able to handle university, but the fact that my illness stops me from sleeping more than 5 hours a night means that I've been able to hand in all my assignments 3/4 days early, so it's not all bad I guess!

I remind myself a little bit of Colt Lancington:-

[video="youtube;Pq_2-mIcMk8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_2-mIcMk8[/video]
Original post by ulteriorm0tive
Reading through this thread makes me feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one who has to study while suffering with mental health issues... sometimes it's really difficult to stay motivated when you don't think you have anyone to turn to... Being diagnosed with bi-polar and anxiety made me worry that I wouldn't be able to handle university, but the fact that my illness stops me from sleeping more than 5 hours a night means that I've been able to hand in all my assignments 3/4 days early, so it's not all bad I guess!

I remind myself a little bit of Colt Lancington:-

[video="youtube;Pq_2-mIcMk8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_2-mIcMk8[/video]

Do you not feel tired on only 5 hours sleep a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
He admits he trolls, time and time again. Then people come out with 'omg i no believe u troll. u just ill.' - Literally giving him an excuse for that attention seeking behaviour. 'oh its okay, u not well, we support.'

As I said to somebody the other day: 80% troll, 20% unwell manboy who's turning from healthily cynical to womanhater fast.

:s That's a real shame that he does that
Original post by sunfowers01
Do you not feel tired on only 5 hours sleep a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty much always tired, unfortunately. :frown: I think it's because the anti-psychotics I have to take are still in my system when I wake up, sometimes they make me feel like I can't move at all but you've just gotta push through it I suppose...
feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.
Meant to be seeing my bestest mate today but i honestly cant be arsed so im ignoring my phone. Such a bad friend :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle
What is Step 5?

Hm, I don't think a 2:1 means, you need no treatment, that would be bizarre.

CMHT?
Original post by PandaWho
Meant to be seeing my bestest mate today but i honestly cant be arsed so im ignoring my phone. Such a bad friend :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do the same thing with my boyfriend
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Cinnie
I do the same thing with my boyfriend

You guys are mean :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
You guys are mean :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think they're being mean at all James :s-smilie: Think they're quite ill, unfortunately!

Original post by ScaryScience
feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.

:hugs:

-------------------------------------

Been stupid with house stuff/made a big decision without asking other house people. It should be fine, but just feel like such an idiot for it :frown: Was doing it with positive motives, but just silly and stupid of me not to ask, would've been so simple.
:banghead: :frown:
Original post by purple-duck
Don't think they're being mean at all James :s-smilie: Think they're quite ill, unfortunately!

It's not hard to reply to your phone to say you're too ill to see someone though :tongue:
It's not hard to reply to your phone to say you're too ill to see someone though :tongue:

It's harder than you think sometimes when you get into a rut. You just want to be left alone and not talk to anyone, even if it your significant other, and if it is them they'll understand why you havent replied to them.
Knock Knock?

Long time lurker here

So uhm, I signed up for (well actually, a friend of mine practically forced me into signing up for) counselling sessions at my college next year, January. Thing is, I'm still absolutely terrified of going. Anyone here been through anything similar? I mean, no matter how small the issue is, the services are open to all types of students right?

It's easier to turn your phone over and go back to hiding in bed. Saying you're ill isn't easy at all, and might get a reply asking what's wrong which is a but of a nightmare for me at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone gotten their santas?
Original post by Valvopus
It's easier to turn your phone over and go back to hiding in bed. Saying you're ill isn't easy at all, and might get a reply asking what's wrong which is a but of a nightmare for me at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im with you on that. hate admitting im not right and then having to explain is a nightmare, which is why im always saying im okay when im not.
Original post by Autumn Melody
Knock Knock?

Long time lurker here

So uhm, I signed up for (well actually, a friend of mine practically forced me into signing up for) counselling sessions at my college next year, January. Thing is, I'm still absolutely terrified of going. Anyone here been through anything similar? I mean, no matter how small the issue is, the services are open to all types of students right?

:hi: Welcome to MHSS! Sorry you've been struggling though, by the sounds of it :sad:

I'm glad you've signed up for counselling sessions. No shame in that at all and I don't think any issue is too "small" for them. Most people can do with a safe space to vent and/or a helping hand, and that's what they're there for! :smile:

yep i'm a horrible person

but even when I tell him i'm too ill to see him - he says he doesn't care and wants to see me anyway.. so I just don't bother explaining any more

Latest