The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I spoke about my mental health shenanigans to a load of people today!!! :eek: :eek:

It just came out when trying to explain shizz that I can't talk about due to confidentiality (which is fair). All so surrealzy :eek:

Over 2 years...I somehow talk about it to fellow students in a large setting :redface:

Well done! :jumphug:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Well done! :jumphug:

I'm really proud of myself!

They all responded so happily and nice that it's really raised my spirits up :h:

:hugs:
:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
Reply 783
Original post by furryface12
Fair enough! Good that you found someone you knew, did the rest of it go ok? :smile:

Yeah i was SO happy when i saw her, because she suffered horrendous depression about the same time as me, so it was nice we got to graduate together. Then by coincidence wed booked into the same restaurant but an hour apart, and 4 people hadnt turned up to their party so we cancelled our table and had tea together which was really nice :smile:

Yeah was a nice day, lots of me being on my own though like photos, getting the robe and stuff, but was nice to have people i care about watch me. I think i had a nicer time than if id spent it with my "best mates"!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah i was SO happy when i saw her, because she suffered horrendous depression about the same time as me, so it was nice we got to graduate together. Then by coincidence wed booked into the same restaurant but an hour apart, and 4 people hadnt turned up to their party so we cancelled our table and had tea together which was really nice :smile:

Yeah was a nice day, lots of me being on my own though like photos, getting the robe and stuff, but was nice to have people i care about watch me. I think i had a nicer time than if id spent it with my "best mates"!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! That sounds lovely, that you managed to stay with her and eat together too :smile: Yep, I seem to remember not really seeing my dad at his but the photos will be lovely to look back on, and the people you care about being there is definitely a big part of it :yep: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GP appointment went well, annoyingly the mania came back before the appointment and she could tell I was speaking slightly too quickly and seemed over agitated. She agreed my doctor back in my uni town was an idiot for putting me on SSRIs. She's referred me to a psychiatrist. Feel really messed up about that as that basically confirms I'm messed up and mentally ill. Just terrified of what a psychiatrist will say and bipolar meds seem to zombify people. Having said that the mix between mania and depression is pure hell when it comes back. So yeah, feeling a bit messed up and really embarrassed about having to see a psychiatrist :frown:

Have to say on a serious and more positive note, thanks for all the support here, really don't know what I'd do without this place here and you guys. It really helped me get through major depression two years ago and it's a huge lifeline now. Just feel guilty about venting all the time. Living with these conditions just takes it out of you and it's hard to keep fighting.
Reply 786
Good! That sounds lovely, that you managed to stay with her and eat together too :smile: Yep, I seem to remember not really seeing my dad at his but the photos will be lovely to look back on, and the people you care about being there is definitely a big part of it :yep: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah was already freaking out then to be told wasnt allowed to go with my mum or rory when other people were with their friends and i wasnt, then got sent down to photos to be told i had to pay there and then and i didnt have my parents or any money so had to do it later and then some woman wanted to take my lancashire rose badge of for photos and gahhhh just.
But it was a nice day other wise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
GP appointment went well, annoyingly the mania came back before the appointment and she could tell I was speaking slightly too quickly and seemed over agitated. She agreed my doctor back in my uni town was an idiot for putting me on SSRIs. She's referred me to a psychiatrist. Feel really messed up about that as that basically confirms I'm messed up and mentally ill. Just terrified of what a psychiatrist will say and bipolar meds seem to zombify people. Having said that the mix between mania and depression is pure hell when it comes back. So yeah, feeling a bit messed up and really embarrassed about having to see a psychiatrist :frown:

Have to say on a serious and more positive note, thanks for all the support here, really don't know what I'd do without this place here and you guys. It really helped me get through major depression two years ago and it's a huge lifeline now. Just feel guilty about venting all the time. Living with these conditions just takes it out of you and it's hard to keep fighting.

:hugs: Seeing a psychiatrist is nothing to be embarrassed about. A lot more people see one/have seen one than you might think. Glad something is being done because if you do have bipolar then its essential it is well managed with medication. Hope it goes well for you.

I'm glad the appointment went well and you can definitely keep fighting :yep:

Original post by IDukem
I'm really proud of myself!

They all responded so happily and nice that it's really raised my spirits up :h:

:hugs:

Glad it raised your spirits! :smile:

------------------

Watched Russel Howard's Good News in an effort to cheer me up and the special guest was a psychiatrist so I watched 8 out of 10 cats on catch-up and there was an awful SH joke. Just want to forget mental health exists for a while! (..so I post on MH thread about it...)
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah was already freaking out then to be told wasnt allowed to go with my mum or rory when other people were with their friends and i wasnt, then got sent down to photos to be told i had to pay there and then and i didnt have my parents or any money so had to do it later and then some woman wanted to take my lancashire rose badge of for photos and gahhhh just.
But it was a nice day other wise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: At least you found someone though! And it all worked out ok in the end, and at least you'll have some lovely photos come out of it :yep: Good, you deserve it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have tickets for the X Factor final!!!!
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: Seeing a psychiatrist is nothing to be embarrassed about. A lot more people see one/have seen one than you might think. Glad something is being done because if you do have bipolar then its essential it is well managed with medication. Hope it goes well for you.

I'm glad the appointment went well and you can definitely keep fighting :yep:

Just heard so many frickin' horror stories about bipolar meds. Ah well, you can but try I suppose. At least whilst different my current issues are no way as bad as they were a couple of years ago in that I'm no risk to myself. It also shows I've changed for the better and learned from last time as I saw all the warning signs and caught it early.
I know, but the fact that as far as I know no-one's heard anything since is worrying me :frown:

Still nothing off her :/
Feeling really worried about tonight :sad: can already hear the thoughts in my head...

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mother said if I go GP, it might affect my uni application as they will see me as a mad person due to my extremely severe depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
Still nothing off her :/

Just asked samba and he hasn't heard anything either :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
My mother said if I go GP, it might affect my uni application as they will see me as a mad person due to my extremely severe depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to disclose it to the uni and the GP won't break confidentiality to tell a uni about anything.
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

It definitely won't, you don't have to disclose anything you don't want to. Even if you did put it on your application, unis won't base their decision on that.

Just heard so many frickin' horror stories about bipolar meds. Ah well, you can but try I suppose. At least whilst different my current issues are no way as bad as they were a couple of years ago in that I'm no risk to myself. It also shows I've changed for the better and learned from last time as I saw all the warning signs and caught it early.

It's really good that you're recognising the warning signs! Let us know how you get on with the psych :hugs:
Reply 798
Just asked samba and he hasn't heard anything either :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

??
Original post by Valvopus
You don't have to disclose it to the uni and the GP won't break confidentiality to tell a uni about anything.

It definitely won't, you don't have to disclose anything you don't want to. Even if you did put it on your application, unis won't base their decision on that.

It's really good that you're recognising the warning signs! Let us know how you get on with the psych :hugs:

Thanks.

can you buy depression pills from counters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest