The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanielBaranowski
Wow thanks a lot! I will definatly book an appointment myself, don't keep wanting to live in doubt

I hope you are coping fine with your mental health, g2g now talk lter!

No probs, glad I was of use! :smile: and thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle
YEIIII!!!

Original post by Anonymous #2
Wooooooooooo!! :hugs:

Stats is the best and you know it :tongue:

and now I'm crying. Just think I'm really sensitive atm. :unimpressed:

Thank you! just one more to go now!
Original post by Odd socks
Thank you! just one more to go now!

You can do it! :yep:
Hes going to get me i know it im not stuoid. I dont knk w what to do
I feel like I'm boring…maybe because my threads are so recursive. But I do try and talk about other stuff such as books, films and music. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I remember my friend calling me boring in 6th form before I went to uni/came on to TSR (right at the start of my breakdown tbh) and it has just stuck :frown:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
With the job centre saying they think ESA would suit me bettee at the moment ? What would you recommend saying about why I am not able to work to the doctor and why I asking for a fit note ? I can't sleep so wake up tired and irritable, wouldn't be great in a work environment and some days where I feel absolutely tired from no sleep and difficult to get up, so could end up missing JSA appts. The gambling and debt something thats really affecting me, need to get on top of that, at the moment I go out in the car and just have to go and buy scratchcards in hope of a big win to cheer me up and help family but just makes me further depressed. The weight thing from comfort eating is something that really gives me.low confidence

How would you put that into less words for a doctor about how it would affect work and the job centre ?

Just need a few months to sort things out and then I may feel better

But how can I put that into less words for the doctor, any help on what to say is major appreciated

I'll try and put this gently, by the sounds of it you're not well enough to work at the moment, especially with no sleep. Therefore JSA would be a bad idea since that's about getting a job when you are well enough to work. I think you need to be really honest and say that the addiction, debts and family stress is still too much to manage, and it's making you depressed (no sleep/tired all the time/get out of bed classic sign). GPs are used to dealing with this, they'll put you on ESA hopefully, and either you go into the WRAG group and do voluntary like me, or get put in the care group if they don't anticipate recovery anytime soon.

By the sounds of it meds and an appointment for some form of therapy would be really helpful for you right now too. If the comfort-eating is seriously impacting your quality of life or your weight unhealthy, then a referral to a dietician/nutritionist or to incorporate healthy lifestyle tips and manage stress without food would be very useful :smile:

Is this the first time you have seen your GP for mental health problems?

Stay strong :hugs:
Original post by Valvopus
That makes perfect sense, it's harder to talk to new people some times.
He half insisted on in when he increased my medication last time but previously I've had GPs who have said to come back and see them before I needed to renew my prescription if I needed to discuss anything with them.

*Medical Student Hat*
In England consent for under 16's basically works on the principal that if they understand what they are consenting to treatment-wise then their parents don't need to be involved. Going to your GP at 15 is fine and I can't see why this would be something that they felt the need to inform your parents about, unless you are at risk of harming yourself. You can definitely make an appointment yourself and go to it without your parents, that is completely fine.

:eek: Stats is beautiful. It's the best thing about maths.

Thank you , so what would you say when I ask to see him more every so often, and reasons for doing so ? Like finding it easier than speaking to a counsellor who I've never seen before

Also, about the fit note, how would you ask for that ? Reasons job search would be hard etc. So worried what to say and how to word it :smile:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Thank you , so what would you say when I ask to see him more every so often, and reasons for doing so ? Like finding it easier than speaking to a counsellor who I've never seen before

Also, about the fit note, how would you ask for that ? Reasons job search would be hard etc. So worried what to say and how to word it :smile:

I would probably just say is it okay if I come back in a couple of weeks because you want to be sure that things are going okay?
I'm struggling to deal with applying for work at the minute and think it might be an idea to go on ESA for a while so I have time to try and work through this. To do that I need a sick note, could you provide one?
It affects me in these ways (motivation/timekeeping/anxiety around new people/whatever). The GP will probably ask you a few questions. Answer them and see what he says.
Original post by Andy98
:five:

I shouldn't have chose further maths:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You say this as I'm sat here trying to work out how many further maths exams I need to resit to have the best chance of getting the grades for unis that haven't actually given me offers yet... :colondollar:

If you're sure :console:

MHSS has officially lost it. Stats is the best and you all know it! :teehee:

Just being stupid, and will end up annoying you by going round in circles again and then feel worse afterwards for being annoying so probably best I just stay quiet :redface:

Stats is silly, you can prove anything if you want to! Mechanics or something is actually useful occasionally :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I'll try and put this gently, by the sounds of it you're not well enough to work at the moment, especially with no sleep. Therefore JSA would be a bad idea since that's about getting a job when you are well enough to work. I think you need to be really honest and say that the addiction, debts and family stress is still too much to manage, and it's making you depressed (no sleep/tired all the time/get out of bed classic sign). GPs are used to dealing with this, they'll put you on ESA hopefully, and either you go into the WRAG group and do voluntary like me, or get put in the care group if they don't anticipate recovery anytime soon.

By the sounds of it meds and an appointment for some form of therapy would be really helpful for you right now too. If the comfort-eating is seriously impacting your quality of life or your weight unhealthy, then a referral to a dietician/nutritionist or to incorporate healthy lifestyle tips and manage stress without food would be very useful :smile:

Is this the first time you have seen your GP for mental health problems?

Stay strong :hugs:

Thank you :smile:

Not the first time I have seen GP for depression , although only just got back on my meds. Stopped taking them last year because I couldn't afford , but thats all sorted now as did get a HC2 Certificate which is valid til April

I am taking Sertraline at the moment, I think they are not having desired effect at the moment as rather than concentrating on getting better and on sorting out problems such as debt, I'm more worried about this Universal Credit thing if I can't get a fit note, and the 35 hours job search thing at the moment

Do you think letting my doc know about the sleep thing, gambling debt etc, will be enough to warrant a fit note ? Worried if he asks why I never said anything before, just wasn't ready too

The doctor is one of the best in the surgery so hopefully will help
Original post by furryface12
You say this as I'm sat here trying to work out how many further maths exams I need to resit to have the best chance of getting the grades for unis that haven't actually given me offers yet... :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which bits are your worst?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Just being stupid, and will end up annoying you by going round in circles again and then feel worse afterwards for being annoying so probably best I just stay quiet :redface:

Stats is silly, you can prove anything if you want to! Mechanics or something is actually useful occasionally :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's up to you, I'm here though :smile:

I didn't do anything mathsy at A-level so only picked it up again in a module at uni :tongue: My friend did maths/further maths at college and whenever she got her work out it always used to frazzle my brain :lol:

FP2's my worst module, definitely. The others I could do, just messed up the exams as I was ill. You?

It's up to you, I'm here though :smile:

I didn't do anything mathsy at A-level so only picked it up again in a module at uni :tongue: My friend did maths/further maths at college and whenever she got her work out it always used to frazzle my brain :lol:

Same to you :hugs:

I did maths/FM/physics, you'd hate me! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same to you :hugs:

I did maths/FM/physics, you'd hate me! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers :smile:

I was the only person out of my friendship group to not do STEM subjects in year 13 :lol: Talking in middle English at them never got old.
HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA

cadburys creme eggs are changing and no more dairy milk chocolate shell

HAHAHA SUCKAAASSSSS :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I was told to pop in and say hi because I've kinda been intimidated by the amount of people here but I'm told you're all friendly. I'm Alice. I have depression, GAD, EDNOS and I suspect I have BPD.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Hey, I was told to pop in and say hi because I've kinda been intimidated by the amount of people here but I'm told you're all friendly. I'm Alice. I have depression, GAD, EDNOS and I suspect I have BPD.

:wavey: glad your able to come here :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA

cadburys creme eggs are changing and no more dairy milk chocolate shell

HAHAHA SUCKAAASSSSS :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the caramel eggs reign supreme :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
the caramel eggs reign supreme :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do :yep: proves that there the stronger more superior egg :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel like I'm definitely on the road to recovery but life is still screwed up. Plus, now I'm feeling a bit better I can see how much of a pain in the ass I was to people over the last few months :facepalm:

Latest