The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guitaristemily
Just quoting you to sat that mean girls is awesome and I really want to see it again, but cant untill I'm finished drowning in art stuff

Tiz an awesome film :awesome: Good luck with the art stuff :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Tiz an awesome film :awesome: Good luck with the art stuff :smile:

I know; don't think I own it on DVD though ...

Sky needs to stop being stupid and tell people when they are airing season 6 of glee ...
Original post by furryface12
Sorry :redface:

I have at some point but not recently?
My sister always moans at me for not understanding her quotes :lol:

Good! Marxist stuff sounds scary :colondollar: Having a nice tutor is also good, I'd imagine that could make a big difference!

How are you? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm ok thanks :smile: Had a minor meltdown this morning but doing okish now.

Btw, Mean Girls is fab and Tina Fey is QUEEN!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: about the meltdown. Hope you continue to feel better :console:

Isn't she just?!?!?! :awesome:
:hugs: about the meltdown. Hope you continue to feel better :console:

Isn't she just?!?!?! :awesome:

She is!! Amy Poehler as well :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQeTlxhhmEo . A good friend sent it to me when I was in the middle of my major psychotic episode in Oxford. It's AMAAAAAAZING :biggrin: Should hopefully make your lips curl slightly, even if it doesn't cheer you up :hugs:

Marxist stuff is VERY scary and full of big political/philosophical words that are not TLG-friendly :no: Yeah, having a nice tutor makes such a difference! I think most people would have forced me to take a "leave of absence" by now but my tutor's taken it all in her stride and is very patient :smile:

Edit: Also watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPOpSjVLYY

It sure as I understood half of that but anything with disney has to be good! And the dog at the end of the second one is lovely :redface: I still like this video http://youtu.be/3H2FLRUtdmU, there's one with a good voiceover somewhere too but I can't find it.

Anything political is definitely scary! And words are overrated, we should just use numbers for everything :tongue: Glad she's patient, makes everything easier :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Glad you're a bit better now, here if you want to talk :hugs:

Which one's she? :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sure as I understood half of that but anything with disney has to be good! And the dog at the end of the second one is lovely :redface: I still like this video http://youtu.be/3H2FLRUtdmU, there's one with a good voiceover somewhere too but I can't find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PENGUINS :gah:

Obviously no penguin is as cool as TLG's penguin hat, though :smug:

:jumphug: Glad you're a bit better now, here if you want to talk :hugs:

Which one's she? :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, back at you with regards to talking :smile:

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: She's the teacher. Outside of Mean Girls she's also awesome though.
I'm teaching tomorrow:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cry2: how the **** can i STILL be cramping?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
PENGUINS :gah:

Obviously no penguin is as cool as TLG's penguin hat, though :smug:

:awesome: I have several penguin hats! In fact most of my stuff seems to have penguins on but that is definitely not a bad thing :nah:

Thanks, back at you with regards to talking :smile:

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: She's the teacher. Outside of Mean Girls she's also awesome though.

:hugs:

Can't remember :colondollar: Will rewatch it sometime, maybe...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Can't remember :colondollar: Will rewatch it sometime, maybe...

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest I've only ever seen it once :tongue: Rarely watch films.

For the first time in months I'm properly motivated to do some uni work but I don't have much to do :facepalm: But in a few weeks I'll have loads to do and my motivation will no doubt be 0.
trying to decide if I should apply for a placement in boots this summer :s I probably won't get one but if I did Id have to hope that work would let me change my shifts around or take the weeks im on placement off unpaid :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
trying to decide if I should apply for a placement in boots this summer :s I probably won't get one but if I did Id have to hope that work would let me change my shifts around or take the weeks im on placement off unpaid :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its worth applying surely? And if you explain to work im sure they can sort something out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
'I cant do any more for you, I don't have a magic wand, I'll email you at some point'

Erw I hate this. I mean they should never say this even if it's true. I think it's the ultimate cop out. Literally to just chat with people with mental health problem is just something GP just have to do and I'm sorry but they're well paid so it's the least they can do.

Sorry waffle there, I don't know your story tell me if you like :smile:
Original post by Ebony19
Erw I hate this. I mean they should never say this even if it's true. I think it's the ultimate cop out. Literally to just chat with people with mental health problem is just something GP just have to do and I'm sorry but they're well paid so it's the least they can do.

Sorry waffle there, I don't know your story tell me if you like :smile:

Yes, I completely agree. Funnily enough she hasn't emailed me either, just trying to rush me out of the door and hoping I'll never come back. :rolleyes: My GP at home (at uni right now) is great in that he's so gentle and will just sit and talk with me about life for 10 minutes. He tells me that he's sorry I'm suffering, and that it will be okay, and even though I don't believe him, his kindness is worth everything to me, and I feel thoroughly supported and comforted - unlike the one here who just seems exasperated with me and seems to trigger me all the time. I'm a firm believer that a GP should be an advocate for your care, and should be there to comfort, not just to push pills onto you. I feel like being a GP is just such a crucial part in someone's care, and can make all the difference. Sorry, I'm the one waffling now :colondollar: Hope you're okay?
Original post by ScaryScience
Yes, I completely agree. Funnily enough she hasn't emailed me either, just trying to rush me out of the door and hoping I'll never come back. :rolleyes: My GP at home (at uni right now) is great in that he's so gentle and will just sit and talk with me about life for 10 minutes. He tells me that he's sorry I'm suffering, and that it will be okay, and even though I don't believe him, his kindness is worth everything to me, and I feel thoroughly supported and comforted - unlike the one here who just seems exasperated with me and seems to trigger me all the time. I'm a firm believer that a GP should be an advocate for your care, and should be there to comfort, not just to push pills onto you. I feel like being a GP is just such a crucial part in someone's care, and can make all the difference. Sorry, I'm the one waffling now :colondollar: Hope you're okay?
Not at all love a good waffle. You're so right though. They only have like, what, max 20 mins in a consultation with patients and the least they can do is just throw out some nicely manufactured words. But to go 'erm yeah, can't really do anything else so you should probably just leave me alone because I'm getting kinda bored/fed up' which is effectively what they're saying when they pull the 'nothing else I can do for you'.

Yeah I had to work quite hard to make my GP take me seriously and realise I wasn't just being a hysterical young woman which is what I feared I was coming across as but I was in such a bad way. I was passed around a few doctors and you know what I never felt stigma so much as I did then. When they're supposed to be at the front line of stamping it out. One of the things I suffer from health anxiety so you can understand why the lines were blurred for them but still I would have been a lot less hysterical if they'd been more sensitive. Meh.

Hope you're okay, is there no possibility you can arrange an appointment with a different GP at uni, I know might not be practical but?
(edited 9 years ago)
:awesome: I have several penguin hats! In fact most of my stuff seems to have penguins on but that is definitely not a bad thing :nah:

i have a penguin hat
Why don't I have a penguin hat? :sigh:
Original post by guitaristemily
i have a penguin hat

:five:

Why don't I have a penguin hat? :sigh:

:console: :hugs: :dontknow:

Latest