The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

New plan: meds by my bed and alarm set so even if I don't get out of bed until late afternoon I take them at a reasonable time and have a chance at sleeping during the night.
Original post by IDukem
Aww much love Maid :love: :hugs:

You're not a waste of space! You've made a positive impact on so many lives sweetheart! The children at placement, people in here and the family that adore the girl that has grown into a delightful young woman. It's hard liking yourself, I can relate as I wish I didn't have aspects of my personality, I've accepted that people can/do like me and if they do, I guess I can atleast be content with myself. People adore you for who you are and can see the positives that you resonate with every interaction you make with people. If people don't like you, they can get la rockolock outta here :biggrin:

I'm fully on the Maid Marian bandwagon :teehee:

:lovehug: :hugs:

*sighs*

You are too lovely :hugs:

I struggled to sleep again last night, was just laying awake for ages trying not to cry. :frown:
And I'm starving but still have no motivation to eat...
:sigh:
:frown:
Volunteering starts today! :woo:
Really hate the way anxiety is always worse in the morning. It's worse first thing, then gradually wears off during the day, and then in the evening I'm quite calm.

I wish I could wake up and be calm, because it would be a MUCH better (and more helpful) start to the day!
Original post by Maid Marian
*sighs*

You are too lovely :hugs:

I struggled to sleep again last night, was just laying awake for ages trying not to cry. :frown:
And I'm starving but still have no motivation to eat...
:sigh:
:frown:

Don't go sighing now :mmm:

As are you :hugs:

If there's any consolation, I struggled to get to sleep last night also :redface: And I have no motivation to eat too :colondollar:

I hope you feel better asap lovely :lovehug:
Hope people are ok and :hugs: to those that aren't!
Slightly annoyed with boyfriend..

Mum is going out with friends soon & invited me, I said yes, but boyfriend is still in bed & now she's saying I should stay here with him as it's not fair to wake him up. He knew I wanted to go, and he's well aware of just how panicky I get when I'm away from her at the moment (however pathetic that is) and still he couldn't be bothered to get up in time.

But he has to go home soon, so she will go, he will go out soon after, leaving me home alone all day. I could really do without that to be honest. I can't deal with being alone at the moment.
Original post by superwolf

Hope you have a good time!

-----------

Got results back from my first uni essay and I got a 2.1! I was really pleased with myself until I saw that I'd got the lowest mark in my friendship group :cry2: Need to stop comparing myself to others!
hello,

these may seem like weird questions but then:

- is it normal to think one doesn't get life? i mean, am i a dope for thinking that society now hates religion and conservative beliefs, when in reality this is not the case?

- am i a dope for believing in justice and a fair hand for everybody?

- is my uni therapist right when she says that people don't have/talk about sex often, when in my halls people sometimes have sex in the prayer room, and some girls even asked me to see my dick once (sounds weird, but then everyone knows the score at uni halls)? and does seeing a therapist mean that I cannot live a normal life? I told her that I want to start dating and she said "no, because only special people are allowed that!"

I just think I get depressed because too many things confuse me, and when i try to undo them, it gets worse. Like this is second therapist I have been to at uni, and the first one almost literally run me down to say why i didn't go back to him.

This sounds like a weird rant, but meh
Original post by superwolf

Good luck :hugs:

Original post by darzenalblex
hello,

these may seem like weird questions but then:

- is it normal to think one doesn't get life? i mean, am i a dope for thinking that society now hates religion and conservative beliefs, when in reality this is not the case?

- am i a dope for believing in justice and a fair hand for everybody?

- is my uni therapist right when she says that people don't have/talk about sex often, when in my halls people sometimes have sex in the prayer room, and some girls even asked me to see my dick once (sounds weird, but then everyone knows the score at uni halls)? and does seeing a therapist mean that I cannot live a normal life? I told her that I want to start dating and she said "no, because only special people are allowed that!"

I just think I get depressed because too many things confuse me, and when i try to undo them, it gets worse. Like this is second therapist I have been to at uni, and the first one almost literally run me down to say why i didn't go back to him.

This sounds like a weird rant, but meh

Your uni therapist sounds weird, tbh :erm:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks :smile: Wasn't too bad actually. The place it was at still had halloween decorations up

Spoiler

and it freaked me out a bit and threw me off course but I think my sister realised so we swiftly changed direction. So lucky to have family to support me :h:

Glad it was mostly OK. Well done for going! :hugs:

Original post by Lt.Ripley
Thank you TLG!! Nice to meet you too :biggrin:

Also, this sounds really creepy - but like I said I've been lurking for a long time haha - was your birthday 23rd October?? It's just because that's my birthday too and I think I saw someone wishing you happy birthday on the same day :colondollar:

Yes, it was my bday that day :awesome: Hello birthday buddy! :nutcase:
Original post by Lt.Ripley
Thank you TLG!! Nice to meet you too :biggrin:

Also, this sounds really creepy - but like I said I've been lurking for a long time haha - was your birthday 23rd October?? It's just because that's my birthday too and I think I saw someone wishing you happy birthday on the same day :colondollar:

Hello newbie and welcome to MHSS :h: :biggrin:

Original post by Anonymous #2

Got results back from my first uni essay and I got a 2.1! I was really pleased with myself until I saw that I'd got the lowest mark in my friendship group :cry2: Need to stop comparing myself to others!

Wooooo go you :jive: Very proud of ya :smile: Don't worry about other peoples marks, at the end of the day, a 2:1 is a 2:1 and a great achievement :h:
I recently got diagnosed with Depression after a breakdown at university last week; I've been prescribed Sertraline to help with my moods but at the moment I feel worse :frown: I'm aware this is common! I also got a self referral pack for a local psychological therapy service and have access to my university's counselling service (only 6 appointments though). What is getting me down is my lack of motivation and concentration towards life especially university- as I'm typing this , I'm in a History lecture and I feel awful. I feel like I'm paying £8100 for nothing and that I'm wasting mine and the lecturers time; I feel isolated as I have no friends in History as I do combined studies so while I have a group of friends in my other subject, I'm lonely in History.

Another thing that bothers me is my family; I feel like they are being nice to me a lot more than usual because of my illness; my mum constantly asks me how I'm feeling; it's getting on my nerves. I think she's wanting me to reply with I'm okay but I don't think that'll be for a while!

Also it's shocked me that only 10% of the NHS' funding goes on mental health services yet at least 25% of the UK's population suffers from a mental health illness! 😞
This is random but does anyone else get nervous when on motorways, either as a driver or passenger? I always seem to get panic attacks as a passenger on them and on Friday me and my bf are going to Blackpool and Manchester for a few days so the entire trip is pretty much all motorways. I think I hate them because you feel trapped on them because you just have to keep going plus they are long so they feel never ending! Dreading the drive already :frown: other than that, I'm pretty excited :smile: I just hope my panic attacks are ok down there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
This is random but does anyone else get nervous when on motorways, either as a driver or passenger? I always seem to get panic attacks as a passenger on them and on Friday me and my bf are going to Blackpool and Manchester for a few days so the entire trip is pretty much all motorways. I think I hate them because you feel trapped on them because you just have to keep going plus they are long so they feel never ending! Dreading the drive already :frown: other than that, I'm pretty excited :smile: I just hope my panic attacks are ok down there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was going to ask something, but thought not...didn't want to trigger anything.
Was going to ask something, but thought not...didn't want to trigger anything.

You can ask me anything unless you are worried it may trigger you or someone else in the thread?
I don't get triggered by things I read, get asked etc but I know some people do.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
You can ask me anything unless you are worried it may trigger you or someone else in the thread?
I don't get triggered by things I read, get asked etc but I know some people do.
Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, well did you get in an accident before?
OK, well did you get in an accident before?

No, I have never been in an accident but my mum and gran have. Thankfully they were ok though.
This may seem an odd question, but do any of you get stuck in a rut in your emotions?

I kind of reckon that there is some special club somewhere where people get handed standard knowledge, and I am excluded. I kind of almost resent people who get dates, because they were handed this, and I wasn't.

It's like people would say "read and learn" or "I bet you know stuff others don't" or "we can't have everything". These are all true on some level, but then I sometimes wish I could have a camera and follow people because there must be some club that people enter to get this knowledge. It's like there is a whole other world that only the "normal" people get into, and I want in.

And the average younger person doesn't read, they get told stuff by their parents, family, or their community.
(edited 9 years ago)
And I want to be complex like everybody else, I think this is why everybody else gets dates. It's like everybody says "yeah....we're all human, be nice!" and then say "I don't like gays" or "**** off!" and then "I do my best to be kind to all". I think people connect with others on a higher level, and I want in. I'll do my best to get it, because everybody else talks low and superficial, and then grasps the higher-brow stuff. And when I do, I'll get my babe as everyone else does.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm feeling angry because I hate not having standard knowledge. How/why did everybody else get it and not me? What does everybody else do, and what did everyone else did??! It's obvious there is some kind of plot to deny me. People will say "be nice!" I think there is some kind of plot to deny me dates, because there aren't proper standards applied to others and then me. In schools, or even amongst adults, not everyone is always nice.....sorry, I will get standard knowledge.

Latest