The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Got my appointment to go over my blood test results tomorrow. I really hope there's an actual treatable reason for my constant tiredness. I've been doing some reading and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis fits basically every one of my symptoms, and if I understand it right, might not show up on basic thyroid tests if they only check TSH levels. I need to be bold and bring this up with my doctor, if I turn out to be right I could have a decent shot at doing well this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Hi there :smile:

It's great to hear you're planning on seeing your gp. I know that some surgeries offer double appointments if you have a complex issue to discuss so it might be worth you seeing if you can do that - you don't want to feel rushed or not able to put everything across.

As for how to prepare, I would recommend taking time to note down what your symptoms are - even just as bullet points on a bit of paper, you can then check it to make sure you don't forget anything. Or you could even just hand the paper to your doctor if you get too anxious to talk to him - that's what I did and the doctor was cool with it.

Any other questions?

Yeah, I was thinking of just writing everything down as I don't want to get there and be too nervous to explain everything. :redface:
Thank you! I'll try to book a double appointment.
Getting drunk to try and forget stuff when you're ill and have to be up at 9 is not the one

Can you put me and Rob on too? :smile:
Does insomnia count? If so I'm here because I think I have that. If not I'm an ex sufferer of depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teaching another lesson today. Exhausted from working 8.30 until 3 and then travelling for 2 hours and volunteering 6 until 9.

Went home last night to be told I'm really messy and my desk has all been tidied up and I took it really hard. My desk is my only little space at home that's mine. Sobbed my heart out upstairs. Everything feels too much and the only thing I enjoy at the moment is teaching and essay writing.

Considering going to my boat tonight and staying there for a couple of days to calm down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Ill add you on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you add me too?

Poor thing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Does insomnia count? If so I'm here because I think I have that. If not I'm an ex sufferer of depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a clue about insomnia counting or not - but welcome anyway. :smile: And glad to hear you beat your depression! :five:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Teaching another lesson today. Exhausted from working 8.30 until 3 and then travelling for 2 hours and volunteering 6 until 9.

Went home last night to be told I'm really messy and my desk has all been tidied up and I took it really hard. My desk is my only little space at home that's mine. Sobbed my heart out upstairs. Everything feels too much and the only thing I enjoy at the moment is teaching and essay writing.

Considering going to my boat tonight and staying there for a couple of days to calm down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Going to your boat for a bit sounds like a sensible idea if you need some time to yourself. :yes:
Original post by superwolf
Not a clue about insomnia counting or not - but welcome anyway. :smile: And glad to hear you beat your depression! :five:

Yeah, but now I've got the hard job of talking my girlfriend out of suicide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Got my appointment to go over my blood test results tomorrow. I really hope there's an actual treatable reason for my constant tiredness. I've been doing some reading and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis fits basically every one of my symptoms, and if I understand it right, might not show up on basic thyroid tests if they only check TSH levels. I need to be bold and bring this up with my doctor, if I turn out to be right I could have a decent shot at doing well this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I... like, I don't want it to be hashimotos, but I suppose knowing it's X, then you can be treated properly for it.
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, but now I've got the hard job of talking my girlfriend out of suicide

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that sucks mate.
Also, GRIMSBYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
Original post by .snowflake.
Ah, that sucks mate.

Yeah

What about Grimsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah

What about Grimsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dive, innit.
Original post by .snowflake.
I... like, I don't want it to be hashimotos, but I suppose knowing it's X, then you can be treated properly for it.

Ah, that sucks mate.

Yeah ideally it wouldn't be, but I'm just so sick of having some mysterious undiagnosable fatigue that I just really want a diagnosis so I can have a treatment :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah ideally it wouldn't be, but I'm just so sick of having some mysterious undiagnosable fatigue that I just really want a diagnosis so I can have a treatment :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

-hugs-
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insomnia's nasty :sadnod: Welcome though! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be pissed if someone tidied my desk. I'm so sorry all this is going on :hugs:

Original post by HufflepuffJulia
Hey guys,
I'm planning to finally go see a gp about possible depression and social anxiety.
I have no idea what to really expect- I know the sessions are usually 10 minutes long but is that enough time to cover everything? how should I prepare myself?
Any help would be appreciated. :smile:

What Saber said - am a big fan of bulletpointing notes. You'll probs be asked to do a short questionnaire about your symptoms in the last 2 weeks or so.

Good luck :h:

Original post by Sabertooth
Anyone else have real trouble remembering things? It's driving me round the bend.

The most frequent problem is multi-step thinking. I'll be thinking about something then it comes to the next step and immediately I forget the first. Grrrrr so ****ing annoying. I think it's the medication but it's doing such an awesome job with my other symptoms that I don't really want to quit taking it.

I have that problem but I've had it as long as I can remember, so have always put it down to my hearing problem :colondollar:

There was a giant spider on the ceiling and now I don't know where it is :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek:

I hate it when that happens :sadnod:
I think (hope) my interview went well! They said they'd let me know within 48 hours.

EDIT: I'm waiting for my train and there's a guy here who I always used to see in the CAMHS waiting room :colondollar: I think we have an unspoken mutual agreement to not acknowledge each other, I can't be sure :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Saw this on facebook

'A Day in the Life is a year-long project to collect the everyday experiences of people who experience mental health difficulties in England. If you experience a mental health difficulty sign up to share with the world what your day was like on four calendar dates across the length of the project.
You don’t have to use your real name and you can be as anonymous as you want to be.
The everyday life of people with mental health difficulties has tended to remain hidden. Together we can change that by sharing what makes life better and what makes life worse. The first day in the life will be Friday 7th November 2014.'

https://dayinthelifemh.org.uk/
I've really got to stop these threads on 'alpha males', the 'social hierarchy' etc. I'm pretty sure it's just me triggering myself and feeding my perfectionism which got me in this mess :s-smilie:
Original post by superwolf
Can you put me and Rob on too? :smile:

Added :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you add me too?

Poor thing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest