The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
No worries :biggrin: I'm doing all right I guess, I'm trying to get along with a lot of people n'all so yeah :redface: Awwwwwwwwww biiiiiiiiiiig huggles for you then :hugs:

Listen to Poison - Nothing But A Good Time, it maaaaay cheer you up :smile:

Glad you're okay Duke :^_^: It's good to be as friendly as possible :smile: :smile: Thank youuu :hugs:

That is a tune! I just listened to it and it's great :biggrin:

Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Thanks :hugs:. In some ways I'm dealing with it better than last time as I'm just completely avoiding her at the moment (for her sake as much as mine) as opposed to last time when I was desperately trying to keep in contact with my then ex and ended up bringing him into my breakdown. He never forgave me for that... Still feel guilty about it to an extent :s-smilie: He just thinks I'm some crazy person and to be fair given the window of time he knew me can't blame him for thinking that. At least when it happened this tme I promptly threw myself in front of the counselling service and a GP so I guess I am learning...

No problem :smile: It's a positive that you're dealing with it better than last time. I think that's the best way to heal probably. I wish in some ways I could have done that with my exes but I've always been in such complicated situations that I haven't wanted to lose them as friends, so still in contact with all of them. It can be weird and stressful still sometimes. Don't feel guilty, you try to contact them and hold on because you care about them, even if it's the wrong thing to do emotionally. I've done that and it makes me feel crazy, vulnerable and weak but for a while I felt like I had good reason to attempt to fight for them even though it just pushed them away more in the end. I think I'm starting to see patterns and learn from it too, it's a step in the right direction for both of us I think :smile:

Original post by WelshBluebird
Awwww glad the job is good :smile:. What you doing if you don't mind me asking?
:hugs: Anything you ever need to talk about ok, we are here.

Thank you :h: I have an internship with a theatre company doing artistic things :biggrin: Thank you, same here, I can try and be of assistance if people need me :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
feels like someones ripped out my heart. dunno what is worse. feeling peaceful about dying and pretty much nothing at all, despite feeling badness building up and being unable to cry, or gut wrenching despair anger and agitation to the point it strangles me. what did I ever do to deserve this unmitigated relentless agony I will never ever know
Feeling productive today, made it to 2 of my 3 lectures this morning, studied earlier, and doing more now, and also contacted my lecturer to arrange a meeting to see how I'm doing.

I have a decision to make though, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

I've been given the choice to sit the exam in January in one of two different formats. I can either do it in the same format as last year: some multiple choice questions, some short answer; or I can do it in the format most students will be doing: all multiple choice, with pharmacokinetics calculations replacing the short essay questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
gotta go drs tomorrow, dont know whether to be honest, or lie to get off the meds :s-smilie:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Haha well I'm going to sort out my FL profile tonight anyway, and we shall see what I do in the future lol.
And funnily enough it was a TSR member who introduced me to FL haha.

Ahh I hope so! Maybe I'll give myself a kick up the backside sometime. I am planning on doing that for a couple of meetup groups anyway, so we'll see :smile:. Yeah I got a bit too drunk at the one i went to aswell.

Yeah I guess haha. I dunno. A couple of my friends know about that side of me, some were surprised and some were like "yeah that's pretty obvious" haha.

Wooo :smile:. Very good da then!

:frown: :hugs:
Anything you want to talk about or?

:jumphug:

I don't really know, part of me feels like theres nothing to say and the other part just wants to rant about how hideous and hard everything is. I really should stop rambling about nothing on here :facepalm: But its the only place I have where I can be honest. Ugh. How are you? :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

5am is not a time, according to the TLG Theory of Time :no:

Don't kick yourself! If you wouldn't have liked it anyway, it's worked out well :yep:

I think, as a society, we should go to Greenwich and make TLG Theory of Time a thing :yes:

Original post by PandaWho
gotta go drs tomorrow, dont know whether to be honest, or lie to get off the meds :s-smilie:

Honesty is always the best policy :yep:

Original post by Anonymous #2
I think, as a society, we should go to Greenwich and make TLG Theory of Time a thing :yes:

PRSOM :shakecane:

That is not a bad idea :ahee:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
i have no idea how to tell the difference between me being lazy and me being ill :frown:

but thanks for the reassurance :redface: i always compare back to first semester of second year, which I've always considered to be one of the worst points I've ever had - but then again i never skipped a class and stayed in bed the whole day because of my depression, and I've done that a couple times this semester soooooo who knows :redface:

Hun, you are in no way lazy. FFS, you're doing MEDICINE :eek3: No way you can do that degree and be lazy.

Don't worry, we all need a mental health day once in a while :penguinhug:
Honesty is always the best policy :yep:

but what if she says no to me stopping my meds?
TLG Update: Back at laptop now. Got the volunteering gig with my local Mind branch :king1: Also getting even more stuff from DSA than I got last time :eek4: (Subject to SFE approval, obviously :ninja: ) A good day all round!

That's really awesome, go you! What does the volunteering involve? I did an 8 week badminton course with Mind and it really made a huge difference to my life at the time so it's really great you're volunteering. :smile:

:hugs: I hear you on the lack of motivation. It's really difficult isn't it? :frown: Hopefully things may improve for you in the run-up to Christmas! Or does all the pressure for the perfect Christmas make you low? I know some people really don't like Christmas :no:

I have mixed feelings about Christmas. The bad I'd rather not go into as I'll start crying and no one wants that :tongue: This year though I'm seeing my mum for the first time in almost 2 years so I do have that to look forward to. I have to buy presents and lack of motivation makes trawling the internet way harder than it should be (not to mention I suck at getting people presents). :sigh: But I'm feeling determined. :lockstock:

You looking forward to Christmas?
(edited 9 years ago)
dont feel like going to school tomorrow - but i have to becuase otherwise ill get moaned at. i know im doing badly yet ill just hide it all like i always do.
Original post by Lt.Ripley
Glad you're okay Duke :^_^: It's good to be as friendly as possible :smile: :smile: Thank youuu :hugs:

That is a tune! I just listened to it and it's great :biggrin:

I'm feeling great! People like me at Uni :eek: It is because it makes other people happy and when other people are happy, I feel happier :h:

Did it cheer you up? :hugs:
Things you don't want to happen when you're on the verge of a panic attack:
people with nerf guns showing up at your door pretending to deliver biscuits. Made the mistake of going to have a little bit of a shoot out and the adrenaline kicked in and that was kind of the end of me being in any good state tonight. For clarity it's part of an assassin game I'm playing at uni, it wasn't just random people (well I didn't know) there was a purpose to it. Possibly not the best game for me to have signed up for.
Mum & Dad are talking about Christmas to try & make things normal. I think one of the reasons I'm struggling to cope with their separation so much is, bizarrely, because they're still friends and talking etc - the only difference is that Dad isn't living with us. So to me their relationship hasn't changed and I just wonder why now! A selfish (I know that) part of me is gutted because I felt so close to being sorted.. But now I feel like a 12 year old lol.

Anyhow. Christmas will be as normal! Dad is staying over for a few nights and we will have the same people over & have presents and dinner etc. But because I hate the new situation so much I just cannot think about any aspect of Christmas. It's like my world has fallen apart & it feels stupid to plan for normal things!!

But I guess it's still a bit early & I have weeks to get myself together. I'm sure I will - he only moved out 6 days ago so it's all still new & raw!

Hopefully I will get a bit better then I can enjoy the time we actually get together, rather than wasting those times wishing I had more!
Original post by Valvopus
Things you don't want to happen when you're on the verge of a panic attack:
people with nerf guns showing up at your door pretending to deliver biscuits. Made the mistake of going to have a little bit of a shoot out and the adrenaline kicked in and that was kind of the end of me being in any good state tonight. For clarity it's part of an assassin game I'm playing at uni, it wasn't just random people (well I didn't know) there was a purpose to it. Possibly not the best game for me to have signed up for.

I heard they play a similar game at Oxford and one year someone meticulously carved a grand piano out of styrofoam and dropped it on someone to 'assassinate' them :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
I'm feeling great! People like me at Uni :eek: It is because it makes other people happy and when other people are happy, I feel happier :h:

Did it cheer you up? :hugs:

That's wonderful news! :biggrin: Of course, they have no reason not to like you! :h: That's a lovely thing, it can be so infectious when everyone wants to help each other.

It did, thank you so much, still feel a bit off today, but hopefully I'll be alright :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
I heard they play a similar game at Oxford and one year someone meticulously carved a grand piano out of styrofoam and dropped it on someone to 'assassinate' them :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's the one.
Original post by Lt.Ripley
That's wonderful news! :biggrin: Of course, they have no reason not to like you! :h: That's a lovely thing, it can be so infectious when everyone wants to help each other.

It did, thank you so much, still feel a bit off today, but hopefully I'll be alright :hugs:

I guess they like some of my oddness enough to be nice :mmm: Indeed, that's why I'm really reaaaaallly like trying to be all positive with people now-a-days for that reason.

Huuuuuuuuuuugs needed :hugs: I hope you find your inner rock goddess and power chord your way through to a happier place :h:
Not really feeling supported on placement at the moment. Thinking I should maybe tell somebody about the MH stuff. My uni said it's my choice and they'll support me either way but if they knew then I'd probably get more guidance than just being pushed to teach a whole unit from scratch. I don't have a plan, I don't have any ideas for making sure everyone is learning and I'm just feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed this week. I think if I had a bit of "I find this works..." then I'd feel better but I'm too shy to ask for advice. Asked another teacher today and she said that she struggles with it too so that made me feel a little better but also worse because how do I learn if I'm not being shown how to do it?
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Not really feeling supported on placement at the moment. Thinking I should maybe tell somebody about the MH stuff. My uni said it's my choice and they'll support me either way but if they knew then I'd probably get more guidance than just being pushed to teach a whole unit from scratch. I don't have a plan, I don't have any ideas for making sure everyone is learning and I'm just feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed this week. I think if I had a bit of "I find this works..." then I'd feel better but I'm too shy to ask for advice. Asked another teacher today and she said that she struggles with it too so that made me feel a little better but also worse because how do I learn if I'm not being shown how to do it?

I've done a (very limited) amount of teaching, if you want anyone to bounce ideas off? :smile:
Original post by IDukem
I guess they like some of my oddness enough to be nice :mmm: Indeed, that's why I'm really reaaaaallly like trying to be all positive with people now-a-days for that reason.

Huuuuuuuuuuugs needed :hugs: I hope you find your inner rock goddess and power chord your way through to a happier place :h:

Haha that's a good thing!! I'm pretty odd myself but I think it's endearing because it's quirky :tongue: Keep doing what you're doing then! :biggrin:

Thank you, really appreciate them :hugs: so do I :smile:

Latest