The Student Room Group

So scared about the future

I am going to start uni soon, on two months to be exact. I am so scared, because I think I know that this is not what I really want to do. But I am going to move out and at least try it. I am moving quite far away from home, and it is a bit scary.
But I have also got an offer for the autumn 2015 that I think I am going to go for (hopefully), but I am so worried that my parents are going to be mad because I have wasted so much money moving away from home, and also giving up on my studies that they are set on me finishing.

And I really have to start this course, because I need to see that I don't like it. If not, it is only going to be a what if for the rest of my life...

But that's not the worst. I just feel hopeless, like I have got nothing going for me. Almost all of my friends has already moved away, so I got literally no one to be with. I am also really single, which is starting to be quite embarrassing after 19 years. All of my friends have at least had one guy that fancies them. I am just me. And it is boring, and sad. And I feel really stuck in a downward spiral...
Oh, this turned out to be a bit of rant of everything. It's good to just get it out, sorry.
Is this what teenage life is about? Competition to find a partner?
If you think about why you don't have a partner then you won't be bothered about not having a partner. Because you'd be aware of your shortcomings. Everyone has them. But I'd say, the tendency to fit into a clique is the worst that a human can do

Quick Reply

Latest