The Student Room Group

Geography A2 Edexcel Unit 3 HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amforsyth
Hey I'm doing A2 at the moment. I've got my mock on Unit 3 on Monday and I'm so worried about the timings.. no idea how I'm gunna do 7 essays in 2 hrs 30 mins!:confused:

Good luck for your mock!
My problem has always been timing so what I try and do is spend a few mins doing a plan it literally helps structure your answer so make a plan! and second of all, practice, keep doing exam questions under time conditions and keep at it, don't waffle and get to the point (something I need to work on)
Plus with second B make sure you go over the pre release in enough detail so that you're ready for any question they throw at you, visit it at all angles :smile:
Original post by amforsyth
Hey I'm doing A2 at the moment. I've got my mock on Unit 3 on Monday and I'm so worried about the timings.. no idea how I'm gunna do 7 essays in 2 hrs 30 mins!:confused:

You can do it - you just need to be strict with the timings! Keep an eye on the clock, and write beside each question when you should be starting and finishing your answer to it.

For the A part of the exam, you do four essays:
- 2 10 mark questions
- 2 15 mark questions.
You should give yourself 80 minutes (1 hour 20) to do this section. The timings should be:
- 15 minutes each for the 10 markers
- 25 minutes each for the 15 markers.

For the B part of the exam, you do three essays. The total marks are 40, and the marks for each question will be in the 10-18 mark range.

You need to refer to figures and views directly. Use examples and ideas from the whole course, where relevant. Usually the first question will set the scene or make you focus on a key issue, while the other questions will require you to assess or evaluate.

Hope this helps!
This is the first part of three for Superpowers. Both Superpowers and Biodiversity are still work in progress, I'm afraid.
Original post by hannahw807
This is the first part of three for Superpowers. Both Superpowers and Biodiversity are still work in progress, I'm afraid.

You're actually amazing lol
I haven't really read most of this thread, but I got a perfect 25/25 in a Superpower Geographies question and was wondering if anyone wanted to see? Could be helpful I guess? :smile:
Original post by DaveUncle
I haven't really read most of this thread, but I got a perfect 25/25 in a Superpower Geographies question and was wondering if anyone wanted to see? Could be helpful I guess? :smile:

Oh that's awesome! If you can upload on here that would be brill
Original post by umimstuck

No problem, give me a while to type it up!

Here you go - These scored 25/25. Tbh I'm not sure if my answers are worth that however see what you think :smile:
Here you go - These scored 25/25. Tbh I'm not sure if my answers are worth that however see what you think :smile:

ohmygosh that is awesome! Did you do this under timed conditions?
Thank you so much for sharing this with us :smile:
Here is the second part of superpowers, along with the first part again. Third part we are still learning in class. Biodiversity has taken the back seat again, I'm afraid :/
Original post by hannahw807
ohmygosh that is awesome! Did you do this under timed conditions?
Thank you so much for sharing this with us :smile:

Yes these were done in timed conditions in class as a mock exam!

[Edit]: I typed them up at home though in order to share with you guys :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

I wrote my reply with other points you could have added only to lose it all >.< But If you haven't already, look at the mark scheme, I think theres a few more points you could have added - I know you got full marks but you wanna be hitting all the points that the examiner is looking for

Great answers though!:smile::biggrin:
I wrote my reply with other points you could have added only to lose it all >.< But If you haven't already, look at the mark scheme, I think theres a few more points you could have added - I know you got full marks but you wanna be hitting all the points that the examiner is looking for

Great answers though!:smile::biggrin:

Yeah I feel like my teacher is too generous with me tbh which isn't great but oh well:smile: thanks!
Yeah I feel like my teacher is too generous with me tbh which isn't great but oh well:smile: thanks!

Yeah just keep on referring back to the mark scheme :smile: no problem
How many case studies do we need to know?
For example if I picked "BIodiversity, water conflicts and energy"
How many case studies for each topic?
Has anyone done the June 2014 paper yet?
Original post by awright13

As a mock? No. I'm sure the others last year have, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did it for my mock last week. I did the Biodiversity and Water questions so that's all I could really help with.
Reply 59

Yep I've done the energy questions if that helps :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending