The Student Room Group

Biology AS level

What's the best way to revise biology AS level and get high grades??

HI! I finished the biology a level last year and i got full marks on the last a2 exam. But i found learning the theory and then doing all of the questions worked well for me as long as you go back and mark the question and learn from those mistakes.
Reply 2
Im doing biology as at the moment. I can say memorising the content is key. however memorising the textbook will get you no where, You MUST practice Exam questions and how to apply your knowledge in different questions. My advice is do as many questions as possible. LEARN FROM MISTAKES
Reply 3
Original post by Katy Essex
What's the best way to revise biology AS level and get high grades??

Hey the basic thing to do is to revise everyday by just taking notes, writing all the key wordsand definitions onto paper then copying them onto flash cards, sticking them in your room and doing work in class. Whenever I do a practice paper my marks go up each time from doing this. Printing off past papers is a crucial thing to do if you want to get a higher grade; it gets you used to the types of questions they ask and how to answer them. Print off three or four of each test from the OCR (Or AQA) site and revise, do the test, get the teachersto mark them or mark them yourself then look at the results, repeat this process then carry on doing so until you eventually achieve the gradethat you want.. Remember, when your doing past papers do not cheat and look at the answers, the same thing applies when doing one in class, there is no point in doing so because the grade you get on that paper has nothing to do with your final grade whatsoever even if you get an A*, it is there to help you practice the questions and improve your answer. Hope this helps you!

BecauseI'm doing the same subject maybe it will be good to stay in touch tobounce ideas off of eachother and help eachother out when in need

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending