The Student Room Group

A level Biology

So i have just finished year 11 and my gcses. I have enjoyed Biology a lot and have really good memorisation. I have heard A level biology is hard but i want to do it. I want to do A level psychology with it. A level chemistry is something i do not want to take. Do i have to take it to do rlly well in a level biology? does bio contain a lot of chemistry stuff, cause i’m sooo bad at chem and don’t want to put myself in so much stress for something i do not enjoy. btw i either want to get into optometry or psychologist field.
Original post by iremaltunn
So i have just finished year 11 and my gcses. I have enjoyed Biology a lot and have really good memorisation. I have heard A level biology is hard but i want to do it. I want to do A level psychology with it. A level chemistry is something i do not want to take. Do i have to take it to do rlly well in a level biology? does bio contain a lot of chemistry stuff, cause i’m sooo bad at chem and don’t want to put myself in so much stress for something i do not enjoy. btw i either want to get into optometry or psychologist field.

There is some chemistry stuff in biology and parts of biology that I found easier because I also did A level chemistry, but I think you’ll be alright - loads of people do biology and not chemistry.
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
There is some chemistry stuff in biology and parts of biology that I found easier because I also did A level chemistry, but I think you’ll be alright - loads of people do biology and not chemistry.

tysm!!
Original post by iremaltunn

The parts with chemistry in lessons were manageable and doable. Just needed it in phiosiology and neuroscience subjects, but you don't need to take chemistry at A levels to grasp these two.
Reply 4
Original post by Kallisto
The parts with chemistry in lessons were manageable and doable. Just needed it in phiosiology and neuroscience subjects, but you don't need to take chemistry at A levels to grasp these two.

ok tysm!

Quick Reply

Latest