The Student Room Group

You have to admit Muslims are right in regards to pork..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by matthewduncan
They are 100 percent right.
Same with their views on women and alcohol

Islam puts women and men in their natural roles and regards to alcohol you don't have to be religious to say the negative effects it has on the body.
Reply 81
Original post by thunder_chunky
Pork is delicious. Bacon is spectacular. Let them skip the bacon, more for us.

Pig is a filthy animal that will eat anything very not pure at all:rolleyes:
Original post by ubi1
Pig is a filthy animal that will eat anything very not pure at all:rolleyes:

Who cares, it tastes delicious.
Reply 83
Who cares, it tastes delicious.

It has worms and other harmful stuff init I wouldn't advise eating impure animals like pigs not healthy at all. :colone:
What harmful stuff in it, and worms? Have you ever eaten pig or have you ever seen a pig growing and being slaughtered?

Putting women in their natural place? You mean putting women as second hand citizens, servants of the man, without right to opinion and with severely limited freedom? Wow man, that's not naturally all to me. Good enough to bear your children but not good enough to drive a car or go out in public places alone and to be legally abused physically and psychologically...as the law says in Saudi Arabia?
Pigs are actually very clean animals compared to cows or sheep. They will choose the point in their pen which is furthest from their bed to use as a toilet. They are also much smarter and don't end up drowning themselves like sheep do.

Clearly those saying that pigs are dirty are just reciting ridiculous religious dogma which has no real bearing on the real world. Now I'm sure most of the people trying to claim pigs are dirty have actually never even seen a pig. Please prove me wrong.
Original post by ubi1
It has worms and other harmful stuff init I wouldn't advise eating impure animals like pigs not healthy at all. :colone:

so do other animals, or werent you aware of that. if islam was trying to give us all dietry advice, why didnt tell all muslims to be vegetarian?
seems like an error
Original post by NYcitygirl
I could or could not be a muslim. That doesn't matter

What matters is the facts

in general facts arnt important if you are islamic, only dogma and convenient half-truths.

the facts in this case is pigs arnt half as 'dirty' as the imam/sheikh bs propaganda machine would have you bleive, and not a great deal more so than other animals.

certainly other meats have the same if not more issues that a muslim will rarely discuss, presumabley mohammed never heard of e coli or salmonella , bse etc. or perhaps he didnt care if muslims had to deal with these
Original post by Spacey Sprocket
a pig is a disgusting dirty animal there's no denying that.. it also swets internally

"Pigs are clean animals. If given sufficient space, they will be careful not to soil the area where they sleep or eat. Pigs don’t “sweat like pigs”; they are actually unable to sweat. They like to bathe in water or mud to keep cool, and they actually prefer water to mud. One woman developed a shower for her pigs, and they learned to turn it on and off by themselves."

And that's from PETA who are pro-vegetarianism. http://www.peta2.com/blog/top_ten_fascinating_facts_about_pigs/#ixzz3M0IC32Ux
Original post by Ggmu!
What makes you think people know what's good for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could apply that to the Veggie way of thinking.
Reply 90
You could apply that to the Veggie way of thinking.

Except, you couldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Except, you couldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course I can. Naivety knows no bounds.
strictly speaking , its the muslims that would have to admit the jews were 'right about pork'
Original post by h3isenberg
Chickens and rabbits practice coprophagy but they're still halal. Lol, someone ****ed up there.

There isn't any reason for pork to be forbidden in the 21st century.

Chickens are not coprophagia.
Not even remotely religious, but won't touch pig meat. Just find it fatty and vile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just looking at a pig makes me wanna throw up. Disgusting animal
The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. Often trash is collected and fed to pigs. They will scavenge and eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms and even other pigs.
Even if pigs are bred in clean and hygienic conditions they are kept together in farms or barns and they simply cannot resist eating filthy substances or waste from other pigs and of theirs own. They are just filthy by nature.
The pig excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content; the remaining 98% remains an integral part of the body.

You just completely ruined pork for me forever now, thanks :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by carasezmoo
Nobody's mentioned the crackling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now that I live in Denmark, I eat that every Christmas. This thread is making my mouth water. I never liked roast pork before I moved here - only bacon and sausages. Now I think I'd choose some lovely roast pork and crackling over those most days.
Reply 98
The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. Often trash is collected and fed to pigs. They will scavenge and eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms and even other pigs.
Even if pigs are bred in clean and hygienic conditions they are kept together in farms or barns and they simply cannot resist eating filthy substances or waste from other pigs and of theirs own. They are just filthy by nature.
The pig excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content; the remaining 98% remains an integral part of the body.

So.... what you're saying is you wouldn't like bangers with your mash?
Original post by Spacey Sprocket
a pig is a disgusting dirty animal there's no denying that.. it also swets internally

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meat when cleaned and prepared adequately poses little risk to human health (other than CHD if you eat too much etc) and that goes for pork.

Most animals to an extent are "dirty" in that they can't maintain hygiene for themselves. The idea of the pig being unclean is obviously reflective of the time period when meat preparation etc wasn't up to the same standards as today. Also people back then were a bit less knowledgeable about the world around them etc and attached suspicion and mystique to objects/creatures etc.

Even though we've moved one some beliefs remain not necessarily in a good or bad way (for the record: I am in no way being critical of Islam or Muslims and their views on pork consumption etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending