The Student Room Group

Does Bisexuality exist?

Does bisexuality actually exist or do people make it up?

Scroll to see replies

Of course it exists :confused:
Reply 2
Why do you think people make it up?
-_________________________-
This question is right up there with "how do lesbians have sex?" Of course bisexuality exists! Some people are bi curious. Some like to look "cool" but for the rest of us, bisexuality is a real thing.
Reply 5
Yes....
Reply 6
About as made up as any other sexuality. Next.
Why on earth would people make it up?
Of course it exists.
Original post by Anonymous
Does bisexuality actually exist or do people make it up?

Yes it does exist.
Original post by converselove
This question is right up there with "how do lesbians have sex?" Of course bisexuality exists! Some people are bi curious. Some like to look "cool" but for the rest of us, bisexuality is a real thing.

Disagree. Bisexual erasure is caused by a lack of open-mindedness; perpetuated by a belief that sexuality is binary - you're either having sex with a man or a woman.
Lesbian sex is different in that it (generally speaking) deviates from the norm of what people consider sex to be (i.e. penetrative sex). I'll be the first to admit that I had absolutely no idea what lesbian sex really was for some time. Many people genuinely don't know how it works, in the same way that many people don't understand how an internal combustion engine works.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Disagree. Bisexual erasure is caused by a lack of open-mindedness; perpetuated by a belief that sexuality is binary - you're either having sex with a man or a woman.
Lesbian sex is different in that it (generally speaking) deviates from the norm of what people consider sex to be (i.e. penetrative sex). I'll be the first to admit that I had absolutely no idea what lesbian sex really was for some time. Many people genuinely don't know how it works, in the same way that many people don't understand how an internal combustion engine works.

Strap ons
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Strap ons

Typically not.
Of course it does :facepalm2:
Bisexuality definitely exists. It truly is the best of both worlds. :smug:
It depends what you mean, really.

Do some people have sex with both men and women? Of course.

Are there people out there who are attracted to both men and women in the way that most people are attracted to the opposite sex? I'm not so confident.

You must admit, there are a lot of people who claim to be bisexual when they're young and then decide they aren't really. Obviously, then, it isn't particularly difficult to be confused about one's sexuality in this way.

I'm not saying that it doesn't, but I think it's a more difficult question than 'does homosexuality exist?' and similar.
Original post by Mad Vlad

I don't understand. Are you saying bisexuality exists or doesn't? Because my point is that it exists. And yes, I know sex between women is different but I get told all the time (even by members of the lgbt+ community that theoretically, should be on my side) that it can't happen simply because, like you said, it deviates from what is considered the "norm". I only brought that up because the question is basically like asking someone how lesbians have sex. It's stupid. Of course bisexuality exists and of course lesbians can have sex.
Original post by converselove
I don't understand. Are you saying bisexuality exists or doesn't? Because my point is that it exists. And yes, I know sex between women is different but I get told all the time (even by members of the lgbt+ community that theoretically, should be on my side) that it can't happen simply because, like you said, it deviates from what is considered the "norm". I only brought that up because the question is basically like asking someone how lesbians have sex. It's stupid. Of course bisexuality exists and of course lesbians can have sex.

Sorry, I might not have explained my point well.

Of course bisexuality exists. :smile: I was merely commenting that the two examples weren't entirely analogous.
Reply 18
Original post by tomfailinghelp
It depends what you mean, really.

Do some people have sex with both men and women? Of course.

Are there people out there who are attracted to both men and women in the way that most people are attracted to the opposite sex? I'm not so confident.

You must admit, there are a lot of people who claim to be bisexual when they're young and then decide they aren't really. Obviously, then, it isn't particularly difficult to be confused about one's sexuality in this way.

I'm not saying that it doesn't, but I think it's a more difficult question than 'does homosexuality exist?' and similar.

92% of bisexuals still identity as bi later in life. So uh, lol.
Original post by Eanzi
92% of bisexuals still identity as bi later in life. So uh, lol.

Can I have a link to the study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending