The Student Room Group

Omissions liability

Hi there! I'm currently trying to type up my problem question answer about an omissions that leads to the victims death, and I am unsure how to incorporate factual causation and legal causation into the answer...

How do you do that, seeing as it was an omission as opposed to an act that brought about the Victims death?

For example D is V's father, D gets distracted by a painting on a wall and fails to notice V jump into a deep pool V cannot swim in, V drowns and dies.

How would you establish factual and legal cause here?

I'd be grateful to anyone who could help!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum
should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

Oh look, it's a poorly-disguised bot. Every post it's made is the same.

At least it isn't relying on the goodwill of unpaid volunteers to respond to the hundreds of unanswered threads.

Original post by Squig
Hi there! I'm currently trying to type up my problem question answer about an omissions that leads to the victims death, and I am unsure how to incorporate factual causation and legal causation into the answer...

How do you do that, seeing as it was an omission as opposed to an act that brought about the Victims death?

For example D is V's father, D gets distracted by a painting on a wall and fails to notice V jump into a deep pool V cannot swim in, V drowns and dies.

How would you establish factual and legal cause here?

I'd be grateful to anyone who could help!

Do you still need help on this? :smile:
Acts and omissions both work the same way when it comes to causation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending