The Student Room Group

freezing cooked pizza?

Hi everyone,

I love, love, love Pizza Hut pizza :eating: but it's not the most economical food with a normal serving. Could I go for a special offer such as buy one get one half price but then cool the extra pizza and freeze it? I know you can refridgerate them for a few days but I was thinking of getting large ones, which is too much for me to eat over a short period. Is freezing them and then reheating at a later date OK? I don't really have a clue about things like this- is it healthy to do bearing in mind it will have been cooked before? I'm vegetarian so there will be no meat or fish on it.

Thanks
Reply 1
Wouldn't think it would be nice after freezing it!
Reply 2
I think you COULD but it would taste awful!
Reply 3
Really? It tastes the same if put in the fridge and then reheated but the freezer would be one step too far then?
Reply 4
My dad's done it with home-cooked pizza, which wouldn't be much different - but I adore cold pizza anyway. And if you're wasting a bit anyway, trying freezing and/or reheating that bit sometime just to see if it works!
they're cooked freshly yeh? (stupid qu probs). it should be fine, might impare the taste a bit though
Reply 6
Thanks! So I'll buy a small and test it out with that first...I am so hoping it will taste OK. I will allow it to fully defrost before cooking so that might make a bit of difference.
Reply 7
I do it all the time, just make sure it's cold before you put it in the freezer. I wrap it in plastioc wrap in individual slices. I also do this with McDonalds Cheeseburgers so when I get home from a night on the town, McGrease is there for me!
Reply 8
I work for pizza hut so I can give you some advice!

The dough and meat toppings are kept frozen instore, veg toppings are kept refrigerated. Officially speaking, I really dont think you should freeze something once its been cooked then heat it up again once you've defrosted it. It's possible this would lead to food poisoning, especially considering that all the dough pizza hut use has already been frozen and defrosted prior to you buying the pizza so you really shouldn't refreeze it.

Unofficially, maybe you'd be alright, especially considering you wouldnt be eating any meat. Personally speaking I wouldn't do it, but its your decision at the end of the day!!!

Also I hate to boast, but working for pizza hut you get to eat a lot of pizza on shift!!! It sounds good and it is at first, but its too hard to resist and very easy to put weight on. Depends on the pizza hut you work in as well as to whether you're allowed to eat pizzas which are not needed.
Reply 9
I tend to get margherita pizzas from there and they're always too much so I freeze them and eat them next day and it tastes lovely. Actually I want some now but I don't have any.
Reply 10
Cool, thanks for the replies! I'm going for it!
Reply 11
If you survive, then let us know how it went!!!
Reply 12
debaser
I work for pizza hut so I can give you some advice!

The dough and meat toppings are kept frozen instore, veg toppings are kept refrigerated. Officially speaking, I really dont think you should freeze something once its been cooked then heat it up again once you've defrosted it. It's possible this would lead to food poisoning, especially considering that all the dough pizza hut use has already been frozen and defrosted prior to you buying the pizza so you really shouldn't refreeze it.

Unofficially, maybe you'd be alright, especially considering you wouldnt be eating any meat. Personally speaking I wouldn't do it, but its your decision at the end of the day!!!

Also I hate to boast, but working for pizza hut you get to eat a lot of pizza on shift!!! It sounds good and it is at first, but its too hard to resist and very easy to put weight on. Depends on the pizza hut you work in as well as to whether you're allowed to eat pizzas which are not needed.

I think he'd be ok. I make lasagne with frozen mince, and then refreeze it. Quite nice.
Reply 13
My mum does this sometimes, and she thinks it tastes fine, but it takes away the whole Pizza Hut appeal really.

Latest