The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Student friendly meal ideas

Here are a few student friendly meals that are cheap and easy to make when at Uni! I have tried to capture different diets across these meals.

Burrito’s
Mince, chicken, or tofu burritos are so quick and easy to make and are very filling as a dinner or leftovers for another dinner or lunch. I buy from the supermarket; mince, taco seasoning, tortillas, microwaveable Mexican rice and a choice of salad fillings. I chose tomatoes, lettuce, red onion and cucumber. I also put some cheese and mayo or hot sauce in the burrito. I am able to get a good few portions out of the mince and rice to last me a while!

Tomato pasta not from the jar!
This pasta is super easy to make. You would need to buy your choice of pasta, an onion, garlic cloves, tomato purée or canned tomatoes and single cream if desired. Get your pasta boiling in the pan while you add your chopped onion and garlic into a pan of oil. Add your tomato purée after a while or canned tomatoes. Vodka also adds a nice touch while adding the tomatoes. If you are looking for a creamier pasta, then stir in some single cream- if not then mix in your pasta with a tiny bit of pasta water for the sauce. Finish off with some parmesan or your choice of cheese on top! This recipe is so easy to make batches of to last you for a few meals or freeze if you want later.

Sausage and Mash
This recipe takes a bit less cooking but is an easy go to for a filling meal that is fast to cook with numerous portions. All you need to buy is a pack of 8 sausages, pre-made mash and gravy granules. Sausages can either be cooked in an air fryer, oven or frying pan. The pre-made mash is super easy as you can put as much as you want onto a plate to place in the microwave for around 2-5 mins (whatever it specifies on the packet but a bit less if you're not doing the whole portion). Gravy granules just need hot water to activate! The mash and sausages can just be kept in the fridge if not used this time so you can have numerous freshly cooked meals out of the ingredients.

Leave any other recipes to help us out below please!!

Yasmin (BA Design Marketing)
Reading this is making me hungry :yum:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending