The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How to avoid being sectioned

What kind of things you say will get you sectioned if you are talking to a therapist?
A lot of people think that getting sectioned is easy for instance by saying the "wrong" thing. However, it's actually pretty difficult and is reserved only for the people with the worst mental health symptoms. The kind of thing you'd need to do is very severe self harm where you may cause serious damage to yourself. Another thing is having an imminent date/plan for suicide and wishing to act on it. And even then you'll be asked to go voluntarily first.
Reply 2
Corruption exists in psychiatry!
If the honest truth be known, it only takes an arse of a psychiatrist or two who dislike you for some reason. I've been sectioned twice, and choose to have nothing to do with psychiatrists, as they are ignorant stupid people, who's knowledge is severely limited.
The intention of psychiatry is to strengthen and modify thought processes, however, the human brain only has the human brain to comprehend itself.
A short article, but in conclusion, a psychiatrist ruins lives, and lacks high levels of knowledge to context of someone else's. By and large, they exacerbate problems, and make people worse.
Just behave yourself and keep quiet, and you should be able to avoid psychiatric human rights abuse
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What kind of things you say will get you sectioned if you are talking to a therapist?

Don't change what you would say to avoid being sectioned. Be honest about how you are doing so they can help you. It's actually pretty difficult to get yourself sectioned so you probably don't have to worry about it. If you are in a situation where you would be likely to be sectioned they will probably let you know that and suggest that you do something like admit yourself before making a big move like that. And if you are in a situation like that it may be best that you take their advice and do that.

Anyway this is all rather scary talk and might be completely unnecessary for you to worry about. Do you mind me asking why you are worried you might be sectioned? Then maybe we can work out if it's actually something you need to be worrying about.
Reply 4
Thread is a year old. I'm closing it :h:

Latest