The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is ozair1!

I'm studying... Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

I'm interested in... Engineering

My study level is... University undergraduate
Reply 1
Original post by ozair1

OHello! Welcome to

How are you finding your Studies? :h:

You might want to check out the Study Help forum. There you will be able to make threads about your current studies. Or if you need to find a specific forum, this link will take you to a page with all the forums :smile:

There are also plenty of learning resources that you can use to help you study. These resources are made by students, for students to use Or if you just want to relax, you can head to the Chat forum, or even spend some time playing the Forum Games. Do you have any particular hobbies? If so then why not head over to our Hobbies & Interests forums to find others like yourself?

If you have any questions about using the site, just quote me in here and I'll respond as soon as possible.
Original post by ozair1

Well done, what university are you studying?
Reply 3
Hi,
Actually I haven't started yet; I am studying at college, but will start uni next academic year.
I have applied for part time Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng(Hons) for 6 universities:
1.Uni of Hertfordshire-45
2.LondonSouthbank-54
3.Brighton-51
4.Uniof East London- 56
5.Greenwich-64
6.Sheffield Hallam-49
Unfortunately these were the only uni’s which did the course part time- so they were my only options. (I must do the course part time as I am working 4 days a week as well s my current college studies).
I have received unconditional offers from Brighton, Hertfordshire and Southbank, Conditional from Greenwich. Awaiting replies from the others.
The list above is in order of my current preference- so my first choice currently is Hertfordshire, and the numbers next to them are the league table rankings for electrical engineering.
Now it’s hard to make a decision. I want to go to Brighton as that seems to be the highest in the league tables and well equipped with facilities etc. but the journey will take 1hour 40 min to 2 hours each way! It will be an effort to go for such long journeys 4 years in a row alongside work.
Hertfordshire will take about 1hour each way.
Since it is part time I will probably be going 1 or 2 days a week, and although Southbank is lower in the league tables it is much easier to get to….
Please give any advice in terms of league tables, or if you have been to any of the universities, how are they? Is it worth me going to a better university much further away or will I be too tired to focus on my studies. Are the league tables perhaps not reflective of the uni? Some people say: you can still end up with a First from Southbank or Brighton, it doesn’t really matter about your uni… Would you agree?
Which one should I choose and why?
Thanks.
First you need to think work or Uni which one comes first. I will said when pick a university league table is not first priority, it is the location of uni I will really consider if not can you move.

I have been to any of the university I applied .(I applied EEE at Bristol,UWE,NEWPORT Cardiff and Brimingham ) and I live Bristol so my first choice would be BRISTOL(UWE OR BRISTOL). If not I will relocate.

I will consider going unvirsity because in long run you will earn more money and gain a great experience.

any help send a reply.

Sorry for the late reply

Quick Reply

Latest