The Student Room Group

Second masters degree funding sfe

Hello 🙂

Just wondering can one get second masters degree funding in nursing after previously quitting a masters degree which is not an exception course.Thank you.
Original post by Mk lutra
Hello 🙂
Just wondering can one get second masters degree funding in nursing after previously quitting a masters degree which is not an exception course.Thank you.
Hi there,

What is the full name of the new course you're looking to study and the university name? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hello 🙂
It’s called the Mental Health (Youth/Interdisciplinary) MSc at University of Birmingham
Hi there. I cannot seem to find a course with this name on our database. Do you have a course code? Can you confirm if it's full time or part time, and how many years will it be? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. I cannot seem to find a course with this name on our database. Do you have a course code? Can you confirm if it's full time or part time, and how many years will it be? Thanks, Leah.
Hey Leah ,I don’t have the course code.It’s full time ,1year.Mental Health (Youth/Interdisciplinary) MSc.Thanks 🙂
Original post by Mk lutra
Hey Leah ,I don’t have the course code.It’s full time ,1year.Mental Health (Youth/Interdisciplinary) MSc.Thanks 🙂

Hi there,

I think I've found the course here: on our database it's showing as:

MSc Mental Health (Youth) FT

So, that means you should be fine to apply for funding.

Last of all, when you plan to start this course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
I think I've found the course here: on our database it's showing as:
MSc Mental Health (Youth) FT
So, that means you should be fine to apply for funding.
Last of all, when you plan to start this course?
Thanks, Graeme

Hello Graeme ,

Thanks for the response.I plan to start September 🙂
Hi there,

I have just checked the course details on our database and as this would be your 2nd master course you would not be eligible for funding for a 2nd course. When you left your 1st course did you not receive a qualification and did you have Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you left the course?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 8
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
I have just checked the course details on our database and as this would be your 2nd master course you would not be eligible for funding for a 2nd course. When you left your 1st course did you not receive a qualification and did you have Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you left the course?
Thanks, Drew

Hello Drew ,

I do have some compelling reasons but isn’t this masters part of the allied health profession were by one can still get funding for the second time.Thanks 🙂
Hi there,

The allied to medicine exception courses are for undergraduate courses and not postgraduate courses. What would your compelling personal reasons be for your original postgraduate course be?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 10
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
The allied to medicine exception courses are for undergraduate courses and not postgraduate courses. What would your compelling personal reasons be for your original postgraduate course be?
Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew ,thanks.I saw someone on this forum with a similar concern and they were told they would still be able to do an msc in Nursing despite having a masters in a different area 🙂.My compelling reasons include bereavement and health issues.Thanks
Hi Mk lutra,

Postgraduate Nursing, Postgraduate Midwifery and Postgraduate Allied Health Professional (AHP) Courses will be exempt from previous study and ELQ rules so if you have studied another postgraduate course in the past you will be eligible for funding and will not have to provide Compelling Personal Reasons evidence

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 12
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Mk lutra,
Postgraduate Nursing, Postgraduate Midwifery and Postgraduate Allied Health Professional (AHP) Courses will be exempt from previous study and ELQ rules so if you have studied another postgraduate course in the past you will be eligible for funding and will not have to provide Compelling Personal Reasons evidence
Thanks,
Calum

Hi Calum

Thanks so much for the information 🙂.Much appreciation.
Hi Mk lutra,

You're welcome, have a nice day :smile:

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending