The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Feel scared. Not left the house for ages and I'm relying too much on my GP and he probably doesn't even give a ****.
Original post by ScaryScience
really annoyed, not sure if its exactly justified but still. something that's bothered me for ages.

Spoiler

So sorry to hear that this has happened. Can o ly empathise with you as mine have been there for me. Really hope something gets sorted between you all...
Original post by Anonymous
Feel scared. Not left the house for ages and I'm relying too much on my GP and he probably doesn't even give a ****.
Sorry I'll be anonymous 6 that's my first post here. Hi!
Hi guys. My first post here, so just saying hi :smile:
Original post by Nidfeo

Welcome to both! :hi: I'm Shan/TLG, the yodelling goatherd :musicus: Nice to meet you :biggrin:
Original post by Nidfeo

Hello to you both! :hi:

------------------

Can't believe I haven't done any work tonight :sigh: Even glancing over my notes makes me panic, whoever says psychology is a pissy degree can **** off
(edited 9 years ago)
Currently enjoying center parcs in nottingham, with good company but unable to do any job searches for jsa on account of laptop not working...it is literally only good to charge things by usb now >_>

Phone may work but its so slow, and i already have a freakin job so i don't get why i need to? Sure I've only had part time hours in the last week, but that's only because of me being here on holiday! Also, im on holiday, the last thing i want to think about is work, especially when it involves jsa, just thinking about it makes my mood plummet. Bleh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Nidfeo

Hey. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hello to you both! :hi:

------------------

Can't believe I haven't done any work tonight :sigh: Even glancing over my notes makes me panic, whoever says psychology is a pissy degree can **** off

Here if you need to talk. :hugs: I also study psychology. :smile: We could help each other out! I'm also having a bit of a panic about coursework etc. :colondollar:
Original post by Pathway

Here if you need to talk. :hugs: I also study psychology. :smile: We could help each other out! I'm also having a bit of a panic about coursework etc. :colondollar:

Thanks :smile: Sounds like a good idea! Not sure how useful I'd be, I'm only a first year and feel like I'm drowning already :colondollar: What year are you in?
Original post by Pathway
Been thinking about joining a soc but I'm just so nervous of "too many" people or having too much going on. That and my physical disability is royally screwing me over right now, so it might not be possible. :frown: Glad it helped you though. :smile:

Spoiler

If it makes you feel any better, I spent around £100 today on useless stuff, lol...Don't even have an excuse, but it was fun anyway, haha. Don't feel sorry for rambling. :hugs: PM me if you need to talk through nerves or anything.

Yeah that makes sense I think :s-smilie: Yeah too much going on isn't good either :nah: Need to find a balance :s-smilie: ah okay :hugs:

Spoiler

Hehe :colondollar: thanks :redface: Don't have any excuses for this either - I have the book I'm wanting already, but these are fancy-looking versions and would sort of want, but might get them and they be too small or something (are "pocket" versions)
I do like spending money when I do splash out, generally :colondollar: Thanks :hugs:

really annoyed, not sure if its exactly justified but still. something that's bothered me for ages.

Spoiler

:jumphug:

Spoiler

:hugs: and welcome to the thread! Are you at Uni? Could you speak to student support and/or counselling services or something? :s-smilie: I'm sure your GP cares, but might be handy to have a wider support network possibly? I don't know :dontknow:

Original post by Nidfeo

Hi :smile: Like your avatar! :eek: :pika:

Original post by Meaty_man
Currently enjoying center parcs in nottingham, with good company but unable to do any job searches for jsa on account of laptop not working...it is literally only good to charge things by usb now >_>

Phone may work but its so slow, and i already have a freakin job so i don't get why i need to? Sure I've only had part time hours in the last week, but that's only because of me being here on holiday! Also, im on holiday, the last thing i want to think about is work, especially when it involves jsa, just thinking about it makes my mood plummet. Bleh.

:woo:
Do you have to look up job stuff still even though you now have a job? Or just looking for something different?
Hope you have a nice holiday :smile:
Thanks lovely, definitely don't want to bother you tonight as you're feeling so rough. I'm really sorry you're not great. Am around if you need a chat, please please let me know if I can help in any way :console: :hugs:

Up to you, here if you want me- I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it! Same to you with the help thing :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Jay018
feeling really down right now. :frown: really dont know what to be doing with myself right now. feel like my bed is calling me as im shattered and have a long day tomorrow at college. :frown:

Original post by Pathway
:hugs:

:penguinhug: (forgot about that the other day when we were talking about penguins :eek:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jay018
So sorry to hear that this has happened. Can o ly empathise with you as mine have been there for me. Really hope something gets sorted between you all...

thank you :hugs:
Original post by purple-duck
Yeah that makes sense I think :s-smilie: Yeah too much going on isn't good either :nah: Need to find a balance :s-smilie: ah okay :hugs:

Spoiler

Hehe :colondollar: thanks :redface: Don't have any excuses for this either - I have the book I'm wanting already, but these are fancy-looking versions and would sort of want, but might get them and they be too small or something (are "pocket" versions)
I do like spending money when I do splash out, generally :colondollar: Thanks :hugs:

Spoiler

:hugs: and welcome to the thread! Are you at Uni? Could you speak to student support and/or counselling services or something? :s-smilie: I'm sure your GP cares, but might be handy to have a wider support network possibly? I don't know :dontknow:

Hi :smile: Like your avatar! :eek: :pika:

:woo:
Do you have to look up job stuff still even though you now have a job? Or just looking for something different?
Hope you have a nice holiday :smile:

thanks. head is a ****ing mess right now :frown: so stupid. and they sort of know... about depression anyway... think they are in complete and utter denial. never been to A&E when they've been around though. hope youre ok, drop a message any time you need :hugs:
Thanks :smile: Sounds like a good idea! Not sure how useful I'd be, I'm only a first year and feel like I'm drowning already :colondollar: What year are you in?

Second! I can try and help you out if you want? :hugs: It gets better when you figure out how to deal with the transition between A-Level psychology and Uni level. I might not be a massive help either, but I'm still around if you need to talk/rant to someone about anything (including statistics. :mob:

Spoiler

I think I need to try and find a balance, but at the moment I'm struggling even to get to lectures. :s-smilie: Hopefully when this flare up calms down I'll be able to join a soc. :dontknow:

Spoiler

Hmmmm, how much are they??

Original post by furryface12

:penguinhug: (forgot about that the other day when we were talking about penguins :eek:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg, that is AMAZING, lol! I love penguins! :penguinhug:

-----

Really should be studying right now, but I can't concentrate ahhhhh. Seeing a friend tomorrow, so that'll be nice. Kinda worried I'll be too tired to do anything, though. :frown: Damn you, Insomnia!
Original post by furryface12
Up to you, here if you want me- I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it! Same to you with the help thing :hugs:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: exciting about interview, well done. Promise they're all human and don't bite, too - you'll be great. and you know where I am if you need a tour guide :tongue:
Original post by Pathway
Second! I can try and help you out if you want? :hugs: It gets better when you figure out how to deal with the transition between A-Level psychology and Uni level. I might not be a massive help either, but I'm still around if you need to talk/rant to someone about anything (including statistics. :mob:

-----

Really should be studying right now, but I can't concentrate ahhhhh. Seeing a friend tomorrow, so that'll be nice. Kinda worried I'll be too tired to do anything, though. :frown: Damn you, Insomnia!

Thanks :smile: :hugs: I didn't do psychology at A-Level :eek: I don't usually mind stats but this lab is spinning my head.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow with your friend. I could have written that sentence myself - Not being able to concentrate and insomnia don't make for productive working conditions. My friend wants me to go to the gym with her tomorrow after lectures :eek: After lectures I just curl up in bed because I'm so exhausted from not sleeping/being around people :colondollar:
thanks. head is a ****ing mess right now :frown: so stupid. and they sort of know... about depression anyway... think they are in complete and utter denial. never been to A&E when they've been around though. hope youre ok, drop a message any time you need :hugs:

:hugs: Not stupid! :nah: So strong and clever and awesome! :jumphug: Ah okay :s-smilie: yes, I wondered if they just sort of ignored it, then :frown: that's stupid of them :frown:

Thanks, am okay, just physical-ill and mind worrying about stuff :colondollar: Hope you get some good sleep again! (?) :redface:

Original post by Pathway
I think I need to try and find a balance, but at the moment I'm struggling even to get to lectures. :s-smilie: Hopefully when this flare up calms down I'll be able to join a soc. :dontknow:

Spoiler

Hmmmm, how much are they??

Yeah - ah okay - yeah see how things go once stuff calms down more, and just take things slowly? I've decided recently to just try focussing on the basics - as that really helps me, I think (or hope!) But getting a schedule/balance is so difficult, think it's something we all struggle with :s-smilie: :hugs:

http://imgur.com/a/IOkts They're £28 :eek: Which apparently is quite good for books, and nice books, but then I'm used to spending £2 or less in charity shops per book :colondollar: They're really cute, though :colondollar: sorry, anyway, yes :colondollar: :hide:
Hope you're okay tonight and manage some sleep soon/whenever you'd like to! :redface: :hugs: (oops, just saw the end of your last post - sorry about insomnia and concentration :frown: hope meeting friend goes okay!)

----------------------------------

Good night all! :eek: :grouphugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 397
TW abuse sexual stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eee its got a bit better this evening. Possibly have a house for uni in sept :smile:
Thanks :smile: :hugs: I didn't do psychology at A-Level :eek: I don't usually mind stats but this lab is spinning my head.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow with your friend. I could have written that sentence myself - Not being able to concentrate and insomnia don't make for productive working conditions. My friend wants me to go to the gym with her tomorrow after lectures :eek: After lectures I just curl up in bed because I'm so exhausted from not sleeping/being around people :colondollar:

What's the lab about??

I hope so, she's coming to see me because I had a mini breakdown on the phone to her, and her uni is only 30ish mins away...I dunno I'm just really struggling lately. :s-smilie:
I am the exact same! I wake up so often during the night for one reason or another/don't go to sleep at all, and it's just not fun for studying/doing anything really. Maybe give gym a pass? It's best not to overwork yourself. :hugs:

Yeah - ah okay - yeah see how things go once stuff calms down more, and just take things slowly? I've decided recently to just try focussing on the basics - as that really helps me, I think (or hope!) But getting a schedule/balance is so difficult, think it's something we all struggle with :s-smilie: :hugs:

http://imgur.com/a/IOkts They're £28 :eek: Which apparently is quite good for books, and nice books, but then I'm used to spending £2 or less in charity shops per book :colondollar: They're really cute, though :colondollar: sorry, anyway, yes :colondollar: :hide:
Hope you're okay tonight and manage some sleep soon/whenever you'd like to! :redface: :hugs: (oops, just saw the end of your last post - sorry about insomnia and concentration :frown: hope meeting friend goes okay!)

----------------------------------

Good night all! :eek: :grouphugs:

Yeah, I think I might try to do that too. I think maybe working on self care as well. It's just really difficult. :s-smilie: My condition is so variable I literally don't know where I stand from day to day - could be standing one day, and bed ridden the next! But I think I could try and do at least the basics and go from there. Hmm.

Ohhhh, good old charity shops, they're amazing for books, I agree with you there. They're adorable! I'd say definitely get them, lol. I'm a bad influence! :tongue:

Thank you. :smile: You too. Sleep well!

Latest