The Student Room Group

A 'foreigner ****'

So the other day, I was walking around, minding my own business alongside with my 'white' friend, and some guy walks past me and calls me a 'foreigner ****', seriously? An immature, middle aged man calls me that? What have I done to deserve this?!
I've pretty much integrated into society, I value core British values. I stand up for equality regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.

Day by day, so much hatred has been stirred up through the media, and it's us who get in the middle of this chaos. No, no one picks on those retards who be roaming the streets calling for sharia, but it's me and other people like me

I just don't know what to do :unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What's wrong with Sharia? Why should we get picked on? Racist.

So now you want to take away freedom of speech from us? Hypocrite.
Original post by alevels112

I just don't know what to do :unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the correct response.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What's wrong with Sharia? Why should we get picked on? Racist.

So now you want to take away freedom of speech from us? Hypocrite.

You should be allowed to express your views on how the legislative system ought to be ran but if you propose an interpretation of sharia law then of course you ought to be "picked on" so long as there is no violence. You should be shunned and mocked. I don't see where the hypocrisy is.

Regardless, I know your pain OP, kind of, I'm white myself so yeah, I don't properly, but I see this happening often because of where I live (quite a lot of ethnic minorities) and racial tensions run deep. They suck though.
I really wouldn't take it too personally, he was probably drunk or lost his job recently. One guy doesn't speak for all Brits, one or two instances of verbal abuse do not constitute 'chaos'. It reflects nothing about you, it reflects the fact he is an idiot. Besides, people get heckled in the street every day for what they're wearing, how they look, or just because they're gay or female or disabled. It's nothing to do with media or politics, it has happened since the dawn of time in every country.
(edited 9 years ago)
Where were you walking around where someone thought you were a foreigner because of your skin colour?

No, no one picks on those retards who be roaming the streets calling for sharia, but it's me and other people like me

That's the thing. We just had a huge paedophile case in Rotherham, a combination of the way the perpetrators were brought up and a cover-up from within the Labour council. 1400+ kids raped in one town.

And what do people protest about in Rotherham?

Nigel Farage - on the subject of breastfeeding in restaurants. And he doesn't even mind women breastfeeding, just said restaurants should have their own rules.

Priorities. People in this country have none.
(edited 9 years ago)
So are you a foreigner then? What are these "British values"?
Some of the White population dislike non-White people because you're making them foreigners in their homeland and they have nowhere else to go. Try and see it from their perspective, even if it's racist. They have been betrayed by their governments, no matter who they vote into power they get no change on immigration. It's only natural some resent them for it, and I would say it's similar with the Israel/Palestine conflict they don't like that Jews kept on coming and coming and pushing them off their land.
Reply 8
Original post by GoyGuardian
Some of the White population dislike non-White people because you're making them foreigners in their homeland and they have nowhere else to go. Try and see it from their perspective, even if it's racist. They have been betrayed by their governments, no matter who they vote into power they get no change on immigration. It's only natural some resent them for it, and I would say it's similar with the Israel/Palestine conflict they don't like that Jews kept on coming and coming and pushing them off their land.

Original post by william walker

Original post by Snagprophet
Where were you walking around where someone thought you were a foreigner because of your skin colour?

That's the thing. We just had a huge paedophile case in Rotherham, a combination of the way the perpetrators were brought up and a cover-up from within the Labour council. 1400+ kids raped in one town.

And what do people protest about in Rotherham?

Nigel Farage - on the subject of breastfeeding in restaurants. And he doesn't even mind women breastfeeding, just said restaurants should have their own rules.

Priorities. People in this country have none.

All the stereotypes you guys put forward. I'm not an Asian. I'm a European, from Bulgaria. I'm the second generation here, my grandparents were foreigners. So I don't know why you guys are linking me to all these pedophilia crimes and what not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the stereotypes you guys put forward. I'm not an Asian. I'm a European, from Bulgaria. I'm the second generation here, my grandparents were foreigners. So I don't know why you guys are linking me to all these pedophilia crimes and what not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if you are white and speak English with a regional British accent why would anyone who doesn't know you call you a foreigner? Also what are "British values"?
Reply 10
So if you are white and speak English with a regional British accent why would anyone who doesn't know you call you a foreigner? Also what are "British values"?

I'm not white white, I look more like a turk. And plus he was across the street from me. What was I meant to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way you phrase this question makes it seem you are saying, if OP is a foreigner (which he/she clearly said they aren't if you read the post), then it's perfectly justifiable for a man on the street to be abusive to OP.

Please reevaluate the relevance and implications of your questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
You get idiots like that everywhere, although there may be an increase now due to the heightened tensions. I think Britain is a better place than most for tolerance :smile:.
I'm not white white, I look more like a turk. And plus he was across the street from me. What was I meant to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right then. What is your religion and what clothes where you wearing at the time?

No much you can do if someone shouts something at you. Just get over it.
Reply 14
Right then. What is your religion and what clothes where you wearing at the time?

No much you can do if someone shouts something at you. Just get over it.

I'm an agnostic, don't follow any religions. What clothes do you think I was wearing? Well, it hurts me, having someone rant at you for no reason. And I had to let it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hi-zen-berg
The way you phrase this question makes it seem you are saying, if OP is a foreigner (which he/she clearly said they aren't if you read the post), then it's perfectly justifiable for a man on the street to be abusive to OP.

Please reevaluate the relevance and implications of your questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would simply mean the person shouting at him would have a the correct view, that he is a foreigner. If he was a foreign the person shouting at him would have been justified to do so. Though I may detest racism, the man who shouted at him has a point overall there are to many foreigners in Britain.
I'm an agnostic, don't follow any religions. What clothes do you think I was wearing? Well, it hurts me, having someone rant at you for no reason. And I had to let it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you where a Protestant this likely wouldn't have happened. Well I was walking down the street in Carlisle wearing trousers, a shirt and shoes. Some people outside the job center said something to me because of it. That is why I ask what clothes you had on.

I feel your pain, but there are no actions which could be taken. So you just have to get over it.
It would simply mean the person shouting at him would have a the correct view, that he is a foreigner. If he was a foreign the person shouting at him would have been justified to do so. Though I may detest racism, the man who shouted at him has a point overall there are to many foreigners in Britain.

Are you an actual idiot or something?

You mean to tell me, if a foreign person is walking around minding their own business, people are "justified" in shouting at this person, who is a stranger to them, because "there are too many for foreigners in Britain"?

**** you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Are you an actual idiot or something?

You mean to tell me, if a foreign person is walking around minding their own business, people are "justified" in shouting at this person, who is a stranger to them, because "there are too many for foreigners in Britain"?

**** you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the objective and scientific way to find out if I am an idiot?

Yes, I do believe people are justified to do shout at other people who are foreigners. As they can shout at the government can they? However I wish they would, but they don't.

The issue in this case is the person shouting at him was wrong, he has a good amount of legacy in Britain and was born here. Though he isn't Protestant which is an issue.
What is the objective and scientific way to find out if I am an idiot?

Yes, I do believe people are justified to do shout at other people who are foreigners. As they can shout at the government can they? However I wish they would, but they don't.

The issue in this case is the person shouting at him was wrong, he has a good amount of legacy in Britain and was born here. Though he isn't Protestant which is an issue.

Look mate. Maybe your parents didn't teach you, but basically, you don't go around shouting at strangers on the street.

Furthermore, you don't measure the extent to which you are 'justified' in doing so by judging how British you consider the stranger you are abusing to be.

One would think this is extremely basic knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending