The Student Room Group

AQA Chem Unit 1 May 22nd 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have answers to the AS empa?

like an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by emma_1111
If I got an a on the Empa and a low b on unit 1, if I get an a in unit 2 could I still get an a overall?

I'm thinking this too
Reply 1982
I'm not sure if anyone would be able to answer this. Will our year group be able to retake AS exams next year on the current specification (which is not being used for new year 12s)?
Original post by MYMA
I'm not sure if anyone would be able to answer this. Will our year group be able to retake AS exams next year on the current specification (which is not being used for new year 12s)?

Oh damn, never thought about that.
Original post by MYMA

I had the same question. Right now, I believe that at least one retake always has to be available so I think that AQA have to create one more paper for the unit 1 of the current specification. I think it would be unfair if they did not, and I am not sure if I should retake now. Thinks about it, the only people doing the paper will be retakers, so they are likely to do better (so higher grade boundaries).
how do you apply for retake ?
Is there an official CHEM2 aqa for 2nd June thread??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kandykissesxox
how do you apply for retake ?

Isnt there a new specification and a new book next year? So i dont know how retakes would work :/
Original post by AJeeeee
Isnt there a new specification and a new book next year? So i dont know how retakes would work :/

They're making one more exam paper for next year's retakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
They're making one more exam paper for next year's retakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a source?
Original post by dripper
Do you have a source?

Does teachers count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJeeeee
Doubt it man, would say 56 for an A. But still a high B which is not bad at all.

NAAHHHHH man i need a f//**** A, i swear man this paper was insane or it was me just not coping with the pressure, how did u find it mate??
Reply 1992
Original post by icexcity_
Is there an official CHEM2 aqa for 2nd June thread??

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3353273 - CHEM2 Thread
Original post by OneandOnly123
NAAHHHHH man i need a f//**** A, i swear man this paper was insane or it was me just not coping with the pressure, how did u find it mate??

As im retaking so basically have been revsing this sh*t for so long i found it good. But still some questions were so annoying and dropped like 6 marks. Was doing so good in past papers then this paper comes smh.
Reply 1994
Original post by AJeeeee
wasnt it 127.8?? So you werent that far off..

do you remember what the question was haha? i have no idea
Original post by AJeeeee
A2 guys, lets leave this thread and forget about UNIT1! Back to the CHEM4/5 thread.

True! But it's tough not to think about an exam you have done, still having thoughts about CHEM1, given the stupid errors I made, hope it's not too costly though, would settle for an A right now, even though I was aiming for full UMS before the exam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lilywww
Hi, I didn't realise the [Kr] in the electron configuration q and just wrote out the whole thing from 1s

Think got the actual configuration right tho, will I get the mark??

Yeah I did the same, asked the Chem department at my sixth form and they said it should be fine
Do you think distorted trigonal planar would be allowed for the ccl2 shape?
Guys do you have any tips on how to memorise all the mechanisms?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending