The Student Room Group

AQA Chem Unit 1 May 22nd 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saad97
Yeah totally, there's waayyy more content to learn for A2, especially chem 5, it's more about testing your knowledge I guess and applying it.
True, even the physics paper this year had some right weird questions on so fingers crossed it won't be as bad tomorrow.
Oh nice, we're both in the same position then. Good luck, I hope you do get a higher grade this time round, work hard! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh CHEM 5 is horrendous in comparison! Yeah definitely more about application than just regurgitating information. Oh no, hope it still went well though. Haha yeah we are, are you retaking CHEM 2 as well? Thanks, same to you, I'm sure you will! I've wasted the whole day but started hard core form now, hopefully there's enough time to get through it all.
Reply 381
Original post by frances98
Combustion products in complete combustion is CO2 and H2O. CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

Incomplete combustion - Carbon particulates (C) e.g. soot exacerbates asthma
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a toxic gas
Im not sure about the last part I've never heard of it

Basically you just neutralise sulfuric acid with calcium oxide to prevent acid rain
Original post by manik95
I think a question on diamond might come up something along the lines of its bonding and melting points I've seen graphine questions but no diamond I know someone else said that on this thread before so there's a good chance of it

I think that too. Diamond was only on the old spec papers so it could come up tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pascal E
I'd love for this to take off, i need help in AQA Chem

I mostly learn from videos and MYgcsescience does pretty awesome videos and for AQA. Theyre free to :smile:
ocr?
Any predictions of what might come up tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by SirRaza97

For the following question or anything similar. When calculating the amount of moles of Pb why is it

8.14g / 207.2

NOT 8.14g / (3x207.2) ?

moles=mass/Mr
therefore 8.14/207.2 as the Mr of Pb(NO3)2 is 207.2 not 3x207.2
what was the question on the old spec and the answer do you have a link

Original post by ravichauhan11
I think that too. Diamond was only on the old spec papers so it could come up tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please tell me all the definitions that we need to know for chem1, thank :smile:
Original post by Boundless_x
Any predictions of what might come up tomorrow? :smile:

Ionisation energies barely came up last year, mass spec too. I think there's gone be big markers on either one like 5/6 marks.
Reply 391
Original post by Hopstano
Can someone please tell me all the definitions that we need to know for chem1, thank :smile:

off the top of my head:
Electronegativity
Relative atomic mass
ionisation energy
Original post by Nels98
moles=mass/Mr

What's the answer to this question?
Original post by Nels98
moles=mass/Mr

I think he was talking about the ratio of the reactant
can someone explain Q 1 e on the june 12 paper
Original post by benjenstark

well to find one mole of the reactant you use the equation moles=mass/Mr so its 8.14/207.2 = 0.0393 moles of Pb
Original post by Hopstano
Ionisation energies barely came up last year, mass spec too. I think there's gone be big markers on either one like 5/6 marks.

That'd be great tbh those are easy marks :tongue:
Reply 397
Original post by benjenstark

52.4 cm^3 is what i got but i didn't have a proper calculator so might have made and error using the computer one. Can send you my working out if you want
Original post by manik95
well to find one mole of the reactant you use the equation moles=mass/Mr so its 8.14/207.2 = 0.0393 moles of Pb

Aye, I got that, I meant the volume of HNo3

i got like 8/3x0.0393 = 0.109 moles

0.109/2.00 = 0.052dm^3?
Original post by Nels98
52.4 cm^3 is what i got but i didn't have a proper calculator so might have made and error using the computer one. Can send you my working out if you want

Yeah, that's good, I got the same answer. Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending