The Student Room Group

AQA Chem Unit 1 May 22nd 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 12345678zzz
ermm I put plastics........ :nooo:

Lol i put Nylon for the bants.
Original post by AJeeeee
There is an easy way of doing it! You see terelium is in period 5, it is in p block, and it is 4th one to left, So configuration should end with 5P4

Thats much easier than the way i tried to do it! I tried finding structure for Krypton then going up to Te. Think i confused myself. :s-smilie:
Original post by Anon_98
;((((( Yeah same tbh.

Your answers sound good- I'm sure you've done better than you think!! Dont worry! :smile:
I got silicion, argon, triganol planar, I got 627 too, 6 for the integer, 4.2/ something for that question, ionic yep, also drew a cycloalkane but mine looked so incredibly wrong, ughhhh I think I labelled it the other way- I got 3,5-dichloro-3,5-dimethylhexane.

How many marks is it for an A on average...does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually 56/70 for an A (80%) although can vary a little bit. I think this one will be about 54-55/70 for an A and 68/70 for full UMS.
Reply 1383
2,4 -dichloro-2,4-dimethylhexane was the answer

3,5 or whatever is wrong because IUPAC rules state that the sum of the number should be the lowest possible.
Original post by StarStruckShield
Thats much easier than the way i tried to do it! I tried finding structure for Krypton then going up to Te. Think i confused myself. :s-smilie:

Its fine, it was a 1 marker anyways
Original post by Anon_98
;((((( Yeah same tbh.

Your answers sound good- I'm sure you've done better than you think!! Dont worry! :smile:
I got silicion, argon, triganol planar, I got 627 too, 6 for the integer, 4.2/ something for that question, ionic yep, also drew a cycloalkane but mine looked so incredibly wrong, ughhhh I think I labelled it the other way- I got 3,5-dichloro-3,5-dimethylhexane.

How many marks is it for an A on average...does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

56ish I think
Reply 1386
Original post by GabrielSmith1998
I said Mg3N2 but friends showed me I was wrong, because the N only had a -1 charge not -3.

Samee :frown:(((
What was the m/z ration worded question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you explain why silicon had highest melting point?
Original post by Boundless_x
Not modest, just honest :biggrin:

Hahahahha, hmmm.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Q2, what was the equation for the detector, the explenation for isotopes and the smallest peak,= and athe atomicc raddii ****
Original post by AJeeeee
Lol i put Nylon for the bants.

sounds practical :flower2:
ermm I put plastics........ :nooo:

I put
( ´∀`)σ Poly(propene) --- making plastics.
Did anyone draw cyclopropane when it asked for functional group of propene
thought only compounds with 2 lone pairs can be called bent/v-shape... I put a really stupid answer :frown:
literally going to cry now :cry2:

Me too. ;(((((((((( I thought exactly the same so I stupidly put triganol planar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the IUPAC naming question, does the order that you wrote the methyl and chloro parts matter? I put 2,4 dimethyl 2,4 dichloro hexane, instead of putting chloro first??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarStruckShield
How did you explain why silicon had highest melting point?

Silicon atoms bond covalently with each other to form a giant covalent structure.
A lot of energy is required to break these strong covalent bonds so the melting point is high.
Original post by animefan
Did anyone draw cyclopropane when it asked for functional group of propene

I drew a triangle shape w no double bonds.
Did anyone get 1/2 Cl2 + 3/2 F2 ----. ClF3 ???
Do you think I will get method marks for the value of x as I got the mass of water and nickel the wrong way round and carried on after that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending