The Student Room Group

AQA Chem Unit 1 May 22nd 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thehollowcrown
wasn't it 2,4-dimethyl?

yhhh soz forgot
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3350335heres a link to my difficulty poll made for this exam, please vote guys!
Original post by Cadherin
? No, it has 0.93 Pauling compared to chlorine's 3.16 and argon's 3.2/undefined.

Again I'm losing the easiest fecking marks... With this sort of progress medicine will be out my reach :frown:
Reply 1583
Was there a question about the highest current or something like that ?
Original post by ALevelBro
Again I'm losing the easiest fecking marks... With this sort of progress medicine will be out my reach :frown:

Don't worry, I put argon - not sure if this is right, as some sources say it's 3.2, some say it's undefined...
Original post by Boundless_x
Was that smile supposed to creep me out? Because it kinda did, especially because of the way you said 'hmmm..' So suspiciously :innocent:

BAhahahahha, MAYBE.
No, it actually wasnt- it was a genuine smile! Look, heres another.-:smile:

UghHHH, Im missing messages because Im on the app so Ive had to log onto the laptop. If, I dont respond it isnt bc Im ignoring you- its bc THIS STUPID THING DOESNT NOTIFY ME. ;(
For drawing the fully displayed formula for the functional group isomer of propene i drew three carbon atoms in a triangle :'h

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1587
RIGHT HELP ME ASAPP pleaseeee.. FOR THE 95% question i calculated the mass needed for 95% total, like i never worked out 5% of 550 and then added it on for 100%

I did the rest of the process correctly, though, do you think ill lose all the marks or just one for ECF???? honestly
Original post by bethygirl
I counted from the opposite direction so people who put 3,5 dichloro, 3,5 dimethyl hexane were equally correct as it doesn't matter which side you count from:smile:

It should have been 2,4 dichloro 2,3 dimethyl hexane.
Yes, technically they're the same but under IUPAC rules, minimum amount of numbers must be used when naming molecules
What did you guys think for the bond angle in the H202 molecule? I guessed 120 because it looked like it was 120. Found paper fine tbh apart for couple of 1/2 mark questions
Original post by al999

Yea wasn't to sure put 128 since it had highest abundance
Original post by 26december
It should have been 2,4 dichloro 2,3 dimethyl hexane.
Yes, technically they're the same but under IUPAC rules, minimum amount of numbers must be used when naming molecules

but the mark scheme will still give the mark right?
Original post by benjenstark
God ikr :':wink: revision is so not happening over this weekend, I need to recover some bits of my soul that have been destroyed

Bahahahahah, Oh my- I GENUINELY feel the same. Infact, you couldnt have put that better. :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
It's right so long as you drew displayed formula for cyclopropane - don't worry, they always say ignore bond angles.

Displayed formula is drawing I out fully with all the bonds right? At leat that's what my teachers said?
Original post by bethygirl
I counted from the opposite direction so people who put 3,5 dichloro, 3,5 dimethyl hexane were equally correct as it doesn't matter which side you count from:smile:

The numbers should be the lowest possible
Oh nooooo! I just realised the question said WHEN IT HITS THE DETECTOR!!!
I did Te (g) -----> Te+ (g) + e-
Dropping marks like flies here, le sigh
Reply 1596
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
Yea wasn't to sure put 128 since it had highest abundance

Yeh thats what I put
Original post by al999

I put the m/z isotope with 130

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the wording for the isomer propene cycloalkene one, as I just drew propene is that completely wrong? how many marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending