AQA Chem Unit 1 May 22nd 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma_1111
What grade would 51 raw marks be?

Probably a low B :smile:
what grade would 51 raw marks be?

b probably most likely
Worst CHEM1 paper I have done in my life.

Some of the question's were ridiculous.
Does anyone know how many marks I'd lose for the pv =nrt calculation question. I wrote down 150,000Pa for the pressure in my working out but when I typed it into my calculator I STUPIDLY put in 15,000 so my answer was out by a factor of 10. Would it be one mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jake97
Just wondered how many marks i would get on the percentage yield question for doing this:Mass NaN3= 550gMoles NaN3 = 550 / (23+42)
=8.461538461...Moles NaNH2 = 2 x 8.461538461 =16.9230769...Mass NaNH2 = 16.9230769 x (23+14+2) =660g660 x 0.95 = 627g (final answer)
Thanks!!

Yeah thats what I did!!!
Original post by Azzer11
Does anyone know how many marks I'd lose for the pv =nrt calculation question. I wrote down 150,000Pa for the pressure in my working out but when I typed it into my calculator I STUPIDLY put in 15,000 so my answer was out by a factor of 10. Would it be one mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume so :frown:
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Worst CHEM1 paper I have done in my life.

Some of the question's were ridiculous.

Come we find the guy who wrote it and let him suffer for 1 hour and 15 minutes like we did.
[QUOTE="randoms132;56123555"]Because it stated the ion: N3- and so this has a -1 charge, Mg has a 2+ charge so the formula would be Mg(N3)2
times the (N3)2 and you get MgN6

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Magnesium nitrile is mg3n2 it says so on wiki though
Last year 56/70 was an a so surely 51 would be a high b seeing as this paper was harder than last year?
Original post by AJeeeee
Come we find the guy who wrote it and let him suffer for 1 hour and 15 minutes like we did.

Lost a solid 19 marks :/
Will probs have to resit next year because 140 UMS in Unit 2 is unlikely.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Lost a solid 19 marks :/
Will probs have to resit next year because 140 UMS in Unit 2 is unlikely.

This was my resit, didnt go bad, but frustrating questions nevertheless and also 100UMS target is gone :frown:
Last year 56/70 was an a so surely 51 would be a high b seeing as this paper was harder than last year?

It might be a mid not high B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think I would get the mark for saying a saturated hydrocarbon is a compound without a carbon carbon double bond?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone confirm what was the arrow had to be... Usually the -ve ions donotates as it has extra e-
Original post by JRN-95
I really like chem 4 apart from the NMR crap and chem 5 has been a pain so far but a few days of solid revision should sort it out. How are you finding them?

They are OK, not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thebest786
They are OK, not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2 guys, lets leave this thread and forget about UNIT1! Back to the CHEM4/5 thread.
Do you think I'll get a mark for saying distorted trigonal planar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do we predict grade boundaries?
Mine was awful!
Original post by Datta10
Do you think I'll get a mark for saying distorted trigonal planar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put the same!
guy I need to ask something basically I was doing my chemistry exams as a private candidate and didn't do any of the practical's for the a level course does that mean I wont get a A level grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending