The Student Room Group

IB 2015 Graduates! Revision and Exam discussion thread.

For people who are taking their exams in May!
Fill in this form:

1. When is your first exam?
2. How confident are you?
3. What are your subjects?
4. Weakest subject?
5. Strongest subject?
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most?

You can get in touch with other people graduating IB this year so you can discuss revision and help each other with subjects! Put your strongest subject as the one you would be willing to help someone else with :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. May 4th
2. My confidence varies on a day-to-day basis. If I've done a lot of revision one day then I'll feel confident, but then if I'm lazy the next - I won't have any confidence.
3. HL computer science, biology, geography and SL maths studies, English, French
4. Computer science
5. Maths
6. 8 ;/
1. When is your first exam? May 4th
2. How confident are you? Semi-confident
3. What are your subjects? English A: Lit, Psych and Bio HL; French B, ESS and Maths SL (not Studies)
4. Weakest subject? Biology
5. Strongest subject? Psychology or English (I would add French B to this list but considering I go to school in France, I'm not going to)
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 5-6 for the moment, it'll probably hit 7-8 right before the exams though because I have all my HL papers in the first 4 days
Reply 3
1. When is your first exam? - 30th April
2. How confident are you? - not very
3. What are your subjects? - HL: English Lang/Lit, Psychology, Business, SL: French B, Maths Studies, STS
4. Weakest subject? - Psychology/French
5. Strongest subject? - English
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? - currently 3-4, i'm not stressed right now, but should be considering I haven't started studying yet .... :frown:
Reply 4
1. When is your first exam? - 4th May
2. How confident are you? - varies on a daily basis, mostly not very confident
3. What are your subjects? - HL: Visual Arts, English Lit, History, SL: Spanish B, Maths Studies, Physics
4. Weakest subject? - Physics will be the death of me
5. Strongest subject? - English, Maths
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? - 7-8. Freaking out about revision.
Reply 5
1. 4th of May
:shot:
English B HL and Economics SL
2. I'm pretty confident, but still need LOADS of revision. However, if I decrease my level of procrastination :wink: , I think I can even get like 40-42 points

3. HL: Mathematics, Physics, English B
SL: Economics, French ab initio, Polish A
4. Definitely Polish :s-smilie: Literature is totally not my thing, I'm aiming at a 5
5. I'd say English B and French ab initio are the easiest, I can get 7s with little or on revisions. But I'm mostly targeted at maths, as it requires lots of practice and I think I can get a high grade (6/7) in such an important subject if I go through all past papers
6. Currently I'm at like 4, but in late April I think I'll be at 8-9 :| Realising how much I could've revised more. But we'll see :smile:
Reply 6
1. When is your first exam? May 4th
2. How confident are you? .... :frown:
3. What are your subjects? HL math, physics, film. SL english, spanish ab, geography
4. Weakest subject? physics
5. Strongest subject? spanish ab
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 11
1. When is your first exam? 4th May
2. How confident are you? 5
3. What are your subjects? HL: Math, Geography, Physics SL:French, English, Economics
4. Weakest subject? MATH HL
5. Strongest subject? Geography/ Economics
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 3
Reply 8
2. How confident are you? - Pretty confident except for Biology HL..
3. What are your subjects? - HL Biology, English A, Geography; SL History, Spanish Ab, Math
5. Strongest subject? - English, Geography
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? About a 5 right now.. will rise to a 12 in the next weeks though hahah
2. How confident are you? 6/10
3. What are your subjects? HL History, HL Spanish literature, HL Business and management, SL English B, SL Maths
4. Weakest subject? Business & management, my teacher has no idea of the subject :frown: and maths depending on the topic (trigonometry, I hate you!!)
5. Strongest subject? History.
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? A 6 now, probable a 10 in three weeks.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 10
Original post by Kangie
For people who are taking their exams in May!
Fill in this form:

4. Weakest subject?
5. Strongest subject?

You can get in touch with other people graduating IB this year so you can discuss revision and help each other with subjects! Put your strongest subject as the one you would be willing to help someone else with :smile:

1. 4/5
2. zero confidence
3. HL CHEM, HL BIO ,HL english B , arabic A sl , math sl , business sl
4. math and bio
5. business chem arabic engkish
6. 10
Original post by UNIbrowse
2. How confident are you? 5
3. What are your subjects? HL: Math, Geography, Physics SL:French, English, Economics
4. Weakest subject? MATH HL
5. Strongest subject? Geography/ Economics
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 3

so you're not stressed :lolz: didn't look like that at school :wink:
2. How confident are you? Meh-ish
3. What are your subjects? Bio, Psych and English at HL, French, Chemistry and Maths studies at SL
4. Weakest subject? Chemistry
5. Strongest subject? Psychology
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 5 - I am trying to be at peace in the midst of flying notes and flashcards
Reply 13
Original post by MHanway
2. How confident are you? - Pretty confident except for Biology HL..
3. What are your subjects? - HL Biology, English A, Geography; SL History, Spanish Ab, Math
5. Strongest subject? - English, Geography
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? About a 5 right now.. will rise to a 12 in the next weeks though hahah

Exactly the same subjects as me! haha except my strongest is biology and my weakest is probably geography, how do you manage to remember all the case studies? I really struggle with the essays
4th May :afraid:

6/7

HL - English, History, French
SL - Maths, Geography, Physics

4. Weakest subject?
French/Physics

5. Strongest subject?
English/Geography/Maths/History

Reply 15
Original post by amye21
Exactly the same subjects as me! haha except my strongest is biology and my weakest is probably geography, how do you manage to remember all the case studies? I really struggle with the essays

Haha hey! :smile: Well honestly, in my geography class there are only 3 of us so classes are much more personal and interactive. Our teacher is amazing as well, and for many of the case studies you're only going to need the information for 4 mark questions, so you don't need to memorise every detail. The important thing about geography is remembering that everything is interconnected, and that whatever you're writing about has connections in at least like 3 other areas. Always bring everything together, and always look at either side of whatever the argument is. USE EXAMPLES.
Are you in HL Biology? How do you remember everything :frown: I'm only good at paper 3 options.. I can't do the paper 1 and paper 2 section B at all..
Reply 16
Original post by MHanway
Haha hey! :smile: Well honestly, in my geography class there are only 3 of us so classes are much more personal and interactive. Our teacher is amazing as well, and for many of the case studies you're only going to need the information for 4 mark questions, so you don't need to memorise every detail. The important thing about geography is remembering that everything is interconnected, and that whatever you're writing about has connections in at least like 3 other areas. Always bring everything together, and always look at either side of whatever the argument is. USE EXAMPLES.
Are you in HL Biology? How do you remember everything :frown: I'm only good at paper 3 options.. I can't do the paper 1 and paper 2 section B at all..

Hiii haha, yeah there's only 3 in my history which is good, there's 6 in my geography class. See my teacher is really helpful because she reuses case studies whenever she can and does loads of exam practice, it's just the essays that trip me up. Yeah I think the interconnections are what make it hard for me because my brain just turns to mush just thinking about everything haha. Yep! I think a lot of it you have to try to remember in a series of stages and just try to simplify everything, try not to overthink anything because that's when you'll struggle. Oh I find paper 3 options the hardest hahaha. For paper 1 what I do is if I'm really stuck I look at the options and the 2 that start the exact same way, one of them 2 answers are usually right. For paper 2 you've just got to go through each one and think carefully. When you choose one just do a quick mindmap/plan which really makes you think, if it's something like the Krebs cycle, quickly draw the diagram, it really does help.
Reply 17
Original post by amye21
Hiii haha, yeah there's only 3 in my history which is good, there's 6 in my geography class. See my teacher is really helpful because she reuses case studies whenever she can and does loads of exam practice, it's just the essays that trip me up. Yeah I think the interconnections are what make it hard for me because my brain just turns to mush just thinking about everything haha. Yep! I think a lot of it you have to try to remember in a series of stages and just try to simplify everything, try not to overthink anything because that's when you'll struggle. Oh I find paper 3 options the hardest hahaha. For paper 1 what I do is if I'm really stuck I look at the options and the 2 that start the exact same way, one of them 2 answers are usually right. For paper 2 you've just got to go through each one and think carefully. When you choose one just do a quick mindmap/plan which really makes you think, if it's something like the Krebs cycle, quickly draw the diagram, it really does help.

I'll message you after the bio and geo exams and we can complain together about them:biggrin:
For geo, the essay is mainly looking for evaluation and analysis. Just take the simplest of ideas and make it sound complicated and bring up any conceivable impact of something that you can think of.
For bio I just keep rewriting the whole syllabus.. I'm genuinely screwed:biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by MHanway
I'll message you after the bio and geo exams and we can complain together about them:biggrin:
For geo, the essay is mainly looking for evaluation and analysis. Just take the simplest of ideas and make it sound complicated and bring up any conceivable impact of something that you can think of.
For bio I just keep rewriting the whole syllabus.. I'm genuinely screwed:biggrin:

haha! yeah I'll probably cry after they're all done, I'm just glad geography's last so we have the most time to revise for it:') Right okay I'm just going to practice writing them, it's all I can do and yeah hahaa just write some processes in huge writing and stick them on your wall
2. How confident are you? Varies greatly by subject
3. What are your subjects? Eng Lit, Bio, and Chem HL; French B, Maths and History SL
4. Weakest subject? Chemistry HL
5. Strongest subject? French B and Maths SL
6. Stress level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most? 9

Anyone have any advice for English Lit Papers 1 and 2? How long do you take planning? How do you structure your essays? Etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending