The Student Room Group

Hi

Hi
(edited 9 years ago)
It is him, not you. What he has done today and in the past is not acceptable.

Only you can decide if you want to call the police. Technically, you should because he has assaulted you, and this is domestic abuse. He should absolutely be held accountable for his actions.
You do also need to think about your options. Are there other family members or friends you can stay with? If you go down the police route, it likely won't be safe for you at home. Think and plan your options.

You should not have to put up with this, seek help please.
Your dad is a ******* ****. This is abuse, call police right away, what he is doing is wrong
yes there's no problem in parents disciplining their children, lifting a hand if it's really necessary.

but:
1) you're not a child
2) he literally beat you up

In terms of where to take it from here, speak to your mum about it. Tell her what's happened, and how you feel about it. Hopefully, she'll speak to your dad about it and it won't happen again.

With regards to what the above poster said about going to the police, this is 'textbook' advice and I would strongly advise against it. That will literally pull your family apart.

Let us know if it happens again.
Reply 4
Original post by The two eds
Your dad is a ******* ****. This is abuse, call police right away, what he is doing is wrong

I'm not working and still looking for a job & i live in his house.. I fear that calling the police might cause more trouble for me.. But this was the last warning i gave to him. Next time he try to do so i'll contact the authorities.. Hopefully i find a job and go away from this house .. But thanks for you reply dear :-*
Hi Ash_ina

I wanted to reply to you but I see you have deleted your messages. From the replies I can see from others I am quite concerned. Perhaps you could dm me and we can chat about this away from the forum? Just offering that as it may feel safer,
take care
Jo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending