The Student Room Group

SQA Exams 2015 - Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm so worried for English! What are your texts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any notions on the Higher english Drama and Prose critical essay questions for this year haha ?
Reply 42
Are you doing the old higher?I have no idea :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mysqa - "MySQA is your direct link with SQA. It lets you view your qualification information, check the personal details we hold for you and if you're sitting exams you can get your results sent by email and text message."
Link -
https://www.mysqa.org.uk/cs8/content/secure/my_homepage.jsp

Added this to the thread.
I have my first exam in two days.. I don't think thats sank in yet..
Reply 45
my first exam is computing science and i still need to finish my coursework D:
Any predictions for Higher Modern Studies essays and also any predictions for Higher English Drama Essays? If anyone needs help with any Higher Physics ask me! I think for modies:

H&W: Government tackling inequalities. Factors for inequalities (12)
DM@CG:Influence of groups outside government. Voting systems. Voting behaviour (12)
USA: Checks & Balances. Progress of disadvantaged group (20)
Original post by Higherdude
That + ethnic minorities > American Dream may come up.
Also a question on devolution is a maybe.

Original post by Ed2015
My Modern Studies predictions..
Devolved decision making- Potentially conflict/cooperation between local and national govt..
Wealth and Health inequalities- Potentially factors that influence health, and something to do with government provisions..
Electoral Systems- definitely think there will be a voting behaviour question as there has not been one for ages!

International Issues(USA)- government policies, or checks and balances on the President.

What are your thoughts? Oh and what do you think for the DME? :smile:

This. I have no clue about the report tho mate.
Ignore these, you're doing the new higher.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by ThomsonM98
Yeh old higher for me, yourself?

Yeah same what texts are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Apparently with Modern Studies they are trying to match up the questions with the new Higher so it may be similar (obvs just for the parts with the same topics etc) but thats what my teacher thinks anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScottWM98
Any predictions for Higher Modern Studies essays and also any predictions for Higher English Drama Essays? If anyone needs help with any Higher Physics ask me! I think for modies:

H&W: Government tackling inequalities. Factors for inequalities (12)
DM@CG:Influence of groups outside government. Voting systems. Voting behaviour (12)
USA: Checks & Balances. Progress of disadvantaged group (20)

I sat higher Modern Studies last year and got an B! I didn't finish BOTH papers :redface:

I predicted the full paper. Study all the topics, I did that. But, I have a feeling voting behaviour and American Dream.
Good luck to all the candidates sitting the new and old AV/Higher/Nat5 exam.
You'll all do great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll do great *

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first exam is Higher English lol which is pretty much ages away. I am a bit worried though like others on here as I havent really looked at my texts recently. I have done a number of close reading papers though in the easter break but meh idk. Anyone doing My Last Duchess here(my other poem is a bit unknown so im not gonna even mention it on here haha). I also am taking Higher Modern studies which is my last exam.
Original post by Decision11
My first exam is Higher English lol which is pretty much ages away. I am a bit worried though like others on here as I havent really looked at my texts recently. I have done a number of close reading papers though in the easter break but meh idk. Anyone doing My Last Duchess here(my other poem is a bit unknown so im not gonna even mention it on here haha). I also am taking Higher Modern studies which is my last exam.

what do you think will come up for modies? I'm doing DM in central government. Voting behaviour+electoral systems. H+wealth, America/s africa but have no idea what will come up
Original post by adamthomson1111
what do you think will come up for modies? I'm doing DM in central government. Voting behaviour+electoral systems. H+wealth, America/s africa but have no idea what will come up

I am not exactly sure. My modern studies teacher didnt want to predict anything. I would think if American dream came up that would be pretty cool and it might happen? But you never know. Voting behaviour could come up but they are quite unpredictable in that section. You are talking about the old higher right? Im pretty confused with whats going on with the new highers lol.
Original post by ashleymacleod
What's everyone's first exam? Mine is history which shouldn't be too bad it's just a case of remembering everything :/

Mine is Nat 5 physics then Nat 5 music (which runs during lunchtime) not looking forward to having S1s prying in the windows of the exam hall
Reply 57
I would bet a fair amount about voting behaviour coming up, and if The American Dream did I'd be very happppy! The Dme is what I am more worried for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Anyone have any tips with National 5 Physics and Maths? I'm not the best at them and could do with tips and tricks especially with circuits in Physics
My best advice is practice papers. And remember to check the number of marks. In physics a basic calculation is 3 marks and if your required to do something else (ie you need to times your answer by 3) do make sure you read the questions carefully. What's particularly difficult about circuits?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending