The Student Room Group

London Budget

Hello everyone,

I know this has probably been asked a trillion of times but I'm new to this forum.
next year I will hopefully move to London, where I should study(fingers crossed) law at UCL.

I have been to London numerous times and I found my perfect apartment, I am extremely excited to move to London but there are some things that worry me.

a lot of my friends always tell me how London is crazy expensive and I will need a lot of money to have a social life.. I spoke to my parents and they told they are willing to give me 5000 pounds a month excluding rent. I get a bit less than that now and I can live by pretty well but I am very worried that in London I won't be able to live normally, I tried to explain this to my parents but they said they will only start thinking of giving me 7/8 thousand after my first year :mad::mad:
any of you know the average cost of living per month for a male student who lives alone is?

thanks guys in advance
I think it's £322 for accommodation, food, essentials, entertainment, academic things you require like books. At least that's what they said on their website.
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/fees-funding/tuition-fees/living-expenses
Holy hfjbejdndoeb. I hope that's an incredibly luxurious living amount. After all necessary expenses, I'll have roughly 500-800/month for fun/entertainment/exploring Europe. If you can't do it, I am doomed.
Reply 3
Did I read that correctly? Your parents will be giving you £5000 a month excluding rent and you wonder how you will survive?
Oh, to be so privileged. :-))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending