The Student Room Group

Cheap Accom needed. London !

Heyyy, So I'm in need of a student accommodation, or any accom!

My student maintenance loan is incredibly low and I can barely afford to live in London. My budget is literally no higher than £650 a month which is really, really low. But I figured I might as well reach out.

If anyone can help however, that would be really cool!

I have no requirements really, a bed and a desk as I am a student and need somewhere to place my computer.

I am hoping my maintenance loan gets increased at some point but for now, I will be living off scraps lol.
Original post by Garbo.o
Heyyy, So I'm in need of a student accommodation, or any accom!

My student maintenance loan is incredibly low and I can barely afford to live in London. My budget is literally no higher than £650 a month which is really, really low. But I figured I might as well reach out.

If anyone can help however, that would be really cool!

I have no requirements really, a bed and a desk as I am a student and need somewhere to place my computer.

I am hoping my maintenance loan gets increased at some point but for now, I will be living off scraps lol.

Whereabouts is your uni?

I personally would use spareroom.com at this stage in time, since you might stuggle to get student accommondation (assuming you are studying this year). However, depending on the location, you might be stacked with travel expenses.

Anything about £650 is difficult to find. In fact a £400pcm room is usually tacky, and not many are nice enough for accommodation (they weren't originally designed for it).
I really wish you all the very best on this. I've heard some nightmare stories about London accomodation... definitely the worst city in the UK for "student friendly" pricing... not that there is any quality control either.

Is £650/m your accomodation budget or your whole living costs budget?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending