The Student Room Group

Can somebody name what topics these questions are? (A level stats)

Hi!

So I've been doing some stats papers to pin point weak spots and have come across a question that I can't do but am struggling to name its relative topics.

Here they are:
1.) Each weekday, Monday to Friday, Trina catches a train from her local station. She claimsthat the probability that the train arrives on time at the station is 0.4, and that the train’sarrival time is independent from day to day.
(a) Assuming her claims to be true, determine the probability that the train arrives on timeat the station:
(i) on at most 3 days during a 2-week period (10 days); (2 marks)
(ii) on more than 10 days but fewer than 20 days during an 8-week period. (3 marks)

It's probably pretty simple, but I'm pretty bad at stats. So can somebody name the topic that this question comes under?

Reply 1
Original post by Flipfro
Hi!

So I've been doing some stats papers to pin point weak spots and have come across a question that I can't do but am struggling to name its relative topics.

Here they are:
1.) Each weekday, Monday to Friday, Trina catches a train from her local station. She claimsthat the probability that the train arrives on time at the station is 0.4, and that the train’sarrival time is independent from day to day.
(a) Assuming her claims to be true, determine the probability that the train arrives on timeat the station:
(i) on at most 3 days during a 2-week period (10 days); (2 marks)
(ii) on more than 10 days but fewer than 20 days during an 8-week period. (3 marks)

It's probably pretty simple, but I'm pretty bad at stats. So can somebody name the topic that this question comes under?

probability
(binomial distribution)

Quick Reply

Latest