The Student Room Group

What has the SNP done for Scotland (next stop rest- UK)....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan316
They should ban Buckfast!

Buckfast, isn't that Bad. It's just a really sweet wine.
Reply 21
Original post by SausageMan
Buckfast, isn't that Bad. It's just a really sweet wine.

OK a good tip for you.
Go to Lakeland and brew your own (beer and wine). This is incredbly common in Finland.
Best of all , there is no duty on it, so even using a "posh" shop like Lakeland FORTY PINTS costs about 10p a pint (there is no duty).

What I like about it, not only is it cheap, but those crazy SNP guys don't get ONE PENNY of my money ....

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/in-the-kitchen/homebrew/

Smash the SNP - brew your own!

Liberty!
Reply 22
Original post by FredOrJohn
OK a good tip for you.
Go to Lakeland and brew your own (beer and wine). This is incredbly common in Finland.
Best of all , there is no duty on it, so even using a "posh" shop like Lakeland FORTY PINTS costs about 10p a pint (there is no duty).

What I like about it, not only is it cheap, but those crazy SNP guys don't get ONE PENNY of my money ....

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/in-the-kitchen/homebrew/

Smash the SNP - brew your own!

Liberty!

Even better, start selling it and get grants from the SNP.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/grant-boosts-brewdog-expansion.120244896

Edit
And the SNP do get money, of the £4 you spend, 20% will be VAT - so 80p, of which around 10% will go to Scotland as part of the block grant. SO About 8p goes to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Quady
Even better, start selling it and get grants from the SNP.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/grant-boosts-brewdog-expansion.120244896

Edit
And the SNP do get money, of the £4 you spend, 20% will be VAT - so 80p, of which around 10% will go to Scotland as part of the block grant. SO About 8p goes to them.

So they have destroyed education, destroyed health and now they want to destroy my bank balance.....Help - someone anyone - get me out of here!!!
1) Less Scottish children go to university then rest-UK (about 35% compared to about 50%).
2) Less Scottish children pass the exams to get into university.
3) The numbers of Scottish children getting into the blue chip universities of Glasgow and Edinburgh has fallen yet again.
4) The NHS? Scotland has the highest death rate in the UK and some parts of Glasgow are as bad as some almost 3rd world death rates. Would you want the NHS in SNP hands?
5) RBS - It was Alex Salmond who encouraged the bankers to get into massive massive debt that almost destroyed the UK economy. Saying (I quote) "It was good for Scotland" (re-RBS buying the debt).
6) End of austerity? It was the SNP that got us into debt (via RBS and also massive public spending).
7) Bulllying in Edinburgh schools rising.
8) Beer costs way more then Rest-UK
9) You cannot even buy a pint in a Scottish football ground.

if the above really was an accurate picture of what is happening in Scotland then why on earth would the SNP be so popular and not just right now ,they have been ever since they formed a minority Govt in 2007 and their stock is rising all the time

I think you will find that a lot of Scots are pretty happy with the SNP and the way they have helped shape Scotland and i tell you what Nicola sturgeon as a leader commands a lot more respect than "call me Dave" or Ed Milliband ever will.Also they are on course to win well over 40% of the popular vote in Scotland lets see the Tories/Labour do that in England/Wales.
Reply 25
[QUOTE="paolo2143;55420363"]
1) Less Scottish children go to university then rest-UK (about 35% compared to about 50%).
2) Less Scottish children pass the exams to get into university.
3) The numbers of Scottish children getting into the blue chip universities of Glasgow and Edinburgh has fallen yet again.
4) The NHS? Scotland has the highest death rate in the UK and some parts of Glasgow are as bad as some almost 3rd world death rates. Would you want the NHS in SNP hands?
5) RBS - It was Alex Salmond who encouraged the bankers to get into massive massive debt that almost destroyed the UK economy. Saying (I quote) "It was good for Scotland" (re-RBS buying the debt).
6) End of austerity? It was the SNP that got us into debt (via RBS and also massive public spending).
7) Bulllying in Edinburgh schools rising.
8) Beer costs way more then Rest-UK
9) You cannot even buy a pint in a Scottish football ground.

if the above really was an accurate picture of what is happening in Scotland then why on earth would the SNP be so popular and not just right now ,they have been ever since they formed a minority Govt in 2007 and their stock is rising all the time

I think you will find that a lot of Scots are pretty happy with the SNP and the way they have helped shape Scotland and i tell you what Nicola sturgeon as a leader commands a lot more respect than "call me Dave" or Ed Milliband ever will.Also they are on course to win well over 40% of the popular vote in Scotland lets see the Tories/Labour do that in England/Wales.

Yes, both Labour and Lib-Dems do point out that the SNP have been in power in Scotland for a long time and that the mess it is in has to be due, in part to the SNP. Its no longer the "protest" party it is the establishment and the shiit is down to them. The voter, however, is not believing this because, lets face it, if you were a floating voter would you vote for a party lead by Milliband? Of course not and no one out of southern england likes to hear posh boys say "posh boys should pay less tax" - Major and Thatcher could get away with it because they were not posh, but this lot are - the selection committees in Tory seats bow down way too much to posh boys and girls. The Libs are not strong enough in Scotland to pick up the slack. The poor old scots are up shiit creek without a paddle ... Lets hope Nicola can do some good out of this mess. I'm not really expecting much good to come of this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending