The Student Room Group

seeking job advice

I just finished my nursing studies and I'm super eager to start working. But here's the thing: I'm not sure where to find nursing jobs. Anybody out there who can help me figure out where to start looking? And if you've got any easy tips for a new nurse like me trying to find a job, I'd love to hear them! Let's chat and share what we know
Reply 1
Original post by lillieeeeee
I just finished my nursing studies and I'm super eager to start working. But here's the thing: I'm not sure where to find nursing jobs. Anybody out there who can help me figure out where to start looking? And if you've got any easy tips for a new nurse like me trying to find a job, I'd love to hear them! Let's chat and share what we know

Lillie

Congratulations on getting through your degree 😌

Now I am surprised to hear that you are unable on how you apply for registered nurse positions.........

Normally what usually happens is that around the last three months of your final year as a student nurse you are able to start applying for nursing position via your local hospital health board website with a view of getting interviews and if successful you'll be offered a position on the understanding that when you finally get notified of your final exams results you then send your paperwork to NMC and when you receive it back you can arrange a starting date.

Somewhere along the lines your university haven't gave you details of what's available within the health board area you are currently studying in.

Best thing to do is obviously look at the health board website for live vacancies for nursing etc and see what is available and apply via the website and hopefully you'll be successful...

I haven't came across this situation.

Registered midwife

@Emily_B don't know if you can add anything else...xx
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Lillie

Congratulations on getting through your degree 😌

Now I am surprised to hear that you are unable on how you apply for registered nurse positions.........

Normally what usually happens is that around the last three months of your final year as a student nurse you are able to start applying for nursing position via your local hospital health board website with a view of getting interviews and if successful you'll be offered a position on the understanding that when you finally get notified of your final exams results you then send your paperwork to NMC and when you receive it back you can arrange a starting date.

Somewhere along the lines your university haven't gave you details of what's available within the health board area you are currently studying in.

Best thing to do is obviously look at the health board website for live vacancies for nursing etc and see what is available and apply via the website and hopefully you'll be successful...

I haven't came across this situation.

Registered midwife

@Emily_B don't know if you can add anything else...xx

Thanks for the advice, Can you suggest any health board website for me.
Reply 3
Original post by lillieeeeee
Thanks for the advice, Can you suggest any health board website for me.

No worries about trying to give you some advice ☺️.

I don't know what university you attended or which health board you worked under during your students day's so I will give you a example okay......

So lets say you went to Lincoln university so therefore you'll probably be under
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
https://www.ulh.nhs.uk
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust so therefore you'll have a choice of either applying for a nurse position within this health board area or you can apply for any other health boards in the UK.

I'm under NHS Scotland - so I attended the university in Edinburgh as Scotland only has 3 universities which does midwifery degree courses, I eventually applied for a job within the local health board that Edinburgh about 3/4 months prior of sitting final exams and becoming a qualify midwife but I could apply for any hospital anywhere either in Scotland or the rest of the UK. I'm now back in my own city working after working in Edinburgh for about 15 months as that's what I wanted to do until I decide if I want to work anywhere else in the UK or the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending