The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology - 6B101 + 6B102 - Unit 1 and Unit 2 Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oshoko
du think its worth a remark if I got 91 ums or should i just retake the unit bearing in my mind I got A in unit 2

Well, my school would usually advise against a remark if you're more than 2-3 marks away but if you are willing to pay for it then go for it. A resit may be easier though.. Have you spoken to your teacher?
Original post by fluzzles98
Well, my school would usually advise against a remark if you're more than 2-3 marks away but if you are willing to pay for it then go for it. A resit may be easier though.. Have you spoken to your teacher?

Na, but basically I'm one ums from A so it jus seems long resitting the whole thing
Original post by Oshoko
Na, but basically I'm one ums from A so it jus seems long resitting the whole thing

Ohh right, probably worth just getting a remark then

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a B overall :smile:
Original post by kosvengali
I got a B overall :smile:

Me too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I was 2 UMS off an A and am sending my paper off for a remark. I've received my script and trying to find that extra mark.

I wasn't awarded a mark for the question on why Daphnia is a suitable organism for investigating the effects of caffiene on heart rate.
I wrote: 'because it's a simple species with a simple nervous system'.
The mark scheme reads: Daphnia {are simple organisms / have less developednervous system}

Do you think I could potentially get a mark here?

Original post by ultimatesword
Hi guys,

I was 2 UMS off an A and am sending my paper off for a remark. I've received my script and trying to find that extra mark.

I wasn't awarded a mark for the question on why Daphnia is a suitable organism for investigating the effects of caffiene on heart rate.
The mark scheme reads: Daphnia {are simple organisms / have less developednervous system}

I think so, hope you do! Do scripts come that quick?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isabella~
I think so, hope you do! Do scripts come that quick?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!!

And yeah they do. It came yesterday in fact. Really quick. Imo, there's a lot of scope for getting that extra mark from both unit 1 and 2. Coursework was kinda low too so hopefully I get that one extra mark!!!

How did everything go for you?
Wow that's quick!!! Yeahh bio can be pretty subjective. It was good, got an A; hope you do too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!!! Nice one.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Wow that's quick!!! Yeahh bio can be pretty subjective. It was good, got an A; hope you do too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tutor me
I just about got an A!:yay:
I might retake my unit 1 because I was about 8 UMS off A in that paper - luckily I got close to full UMS in Unit 2 so I got an A overall. Just so I have a better chance of getting an A for A2, maybe, dunno if I can be bothered!
Hi guys,

Can I have the mark scheme?
Original post by LolaMac
Can I have the mark scheme?

Sure. PM me your email and I'll send it across. How'd you do out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?
Sure. PM me your email and I'll send it across. How'd you do out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?

Hey can I also get the mark scheme if it's not a problem
Loool, how did your exams go?

I got a B overall :smile:, how do you get an A?
I've got my biology coursework on Parkinsons remarked and it's gone down from 50 ums to 48. Really really annoyed as it means I'm now 4 ums (2 raw marks) away from an A which I doubt I'll get from unit 1 remark alone. Does anyone have any ideas on how appeals work? And also, anyone else done their coursework on Parkinsons too?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by rasil23
The papers and markschemes have been "released"
If you want them I can put them up here if you haven't seen them already.

can i see them?
Hi guys,

where did you find the markscheme?

can i get the markscheme please
Hi guys! This is really late but how did you guys do in your Unit 3 and Unit 6 courseworks? Like in my school, everybody got a D for unit 3 which doesn't make sense because we know our quality and it wasn't worth a D.Unit 6 however was varied around a B and C only, I got a B...has anything like that happened with you guys?
Our school sent it for a batch reevaluation but its coming back in 40days, I missed an A* in paper 4 by 1 mark and Paper 5 by 2 marks, My total score is 498/600, got an overall A...but there's no such boundary online so could anyone tell me if I should reevaluate these peoples to try for an A*? because the deadline for sending for reevaluation is this Sat :/
Only one guy got an A* in our school and even he got a D and B for the issue report and coursework so i really don't know, cuz this feels like a gamble. :/ Cuz I know they say we need 90% in A2 and stuff but that honestly makes no sense as boundaries were so low as it is, and that guy got 528/600 total ums and around 228/300 for his A2 papers only..which is NOT 90%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending