The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Computer Science Paper 1 (1CP2 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 19th May 2023/ PM
Length: 1hr 30m
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 19th May 2023/ PM
Length: 1hr 30m

Hi there, I am studying Edexcel Computer Science, and I will be one of the second groups to complete the exam, after 2022 students did it in first group.
Original post by AlishaDaisy
Hi there, I am studying Edexcel Computer Science, and I will be one of the second groups to complete the exam, after 2022 students did it in first group.

I am doing the exam this year however, I had a friend doing it in the year above and she said it went really well she got high marks for theory and full marks on coding (she's like ridiculously good at it) she found using the Pearson books quite helpful. Have you struggled finding useful resources or like exam questions. I feel like I have answered every possible exam/specimen question available
Reply 3
Hey guys, I will be doing it on Friday, thoughts on the grade boundaries for this exam ?
Original post by Daisy_Renton
I am doing the exam this year however, I had a friend doing it in the year above and she said it went really well she got high marks for theory and full marks on coding (she's like ridiculously good at it) she found using the Pearson books quite helpful. Have you struggled finding useful resources or like exam questions. I feel like I have answered every possible exam/specimen question available
Original post by kmat1893
Hey guys, I will be doing it on Friday, thoughts on the grade boundaries for this exam ?

Half my class aren’t even passing or answering the questions so I am hoping they lower the grade boundaries for me
Reply 5
Half my class aren’t even passing or answering the questions so I am hoping they lower the grade boundaries for me

Do you think just craig n dave video notes will be enough for theory ?
Do you think just craig n dave video notes will be enough for theory ?

I think most are useful we have found as a class that they sometimes do things differently to the spec or revision guide but you get the same answer. Just don’t fall asleep whilst watching them they are a bit to monotone at times
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
I think most are useful we have found as a class that they sometimes do things differently to the spec or revision guide but you get the same answer. Just don’t fall asleep whilst watching them they are a bit to monotone at times

Just wondering if you have an revision resources that you have ?
Reply 8

Are you going to bother revising the miususe acts and data protection services ?
Reply 9
Are you going to bother revising the miususe acts and data protection services ?

id say revise everything. it could come up in a longer mark question, like where you have to evaluate and compare, so just be prepared for anything

any predictions
Reply 11
Original post by lisa122343
id say revise everything. it could come up in a longer mark question, like where you have to evaluate and compare, so just be prepared for anything

I think there will be a define truth table and flowchart question
I think there will be a define truth table and flowchart question

There was a big six marker on algorithmic bias and trace tables and flowcharts so I doubt any of those
Just wondering if you have an revision resources that you have ?

I’ve just been cram making flash card from the info on the Pearson booklets looking over past test and just random questions my teacher has given me
Reply 14
There was a big six marker on algorithmic bias and trace tables and flowcharts so I doubt any of those

I think though, if you look at the previous papers even from the old spec, there all nearly have truth tables
Reply 15
Good luck for this afternoon all! Hope it goes well :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by {Moss}
Good luck for this afternoon all! Hope it goes well :biggrin:

Good luck, not long to go now !!!
Reply 17
How did everyone find the paper?
personally it was better than any practice, however i did not know what a record was, or ethical / legal issues. What did you guys get for those questions?
loved that paper !! everything i revised last minute came up i couldn't believe it haha, although I didn't know what units to use for amplitude on the last question so I put decibels - would that be right ?
Reply 19
Original post by throwaway789
loved that paper !! everything i revised last minute came up i couldn't believe it haha, although I didn't know what units to use for amplitude on the last question so I put decibels - would that be right ?

Unfortunately not, it was hertz i am pretty sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending