The Student Room Group

24th January 2022 BTEC IT Level 3 Unit 1 (Information Technology Systems)

Hey guys, didn't see any threads on this yet, so decided to make one. This is for the exam on Monday (24th January 2022) for unit 1, how's everyone feeling about this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Mixed feelings, but I've heard from some people that the OCR BTEC IT exam was very Ethical and Moral based (2 big quiestions) and they share the same specification so could be a heads up for the pearson one on monday
Reply 2
Original post by ManInTheMiddle
Mixed feelings, but I've heard from some people that the OCR BTEC IT exam was very Ethical and Moral based (2 big quiestions) and they share the same specification so could be a heads up for the pearson one on monday

really but ocr is different to edexcel?
Reply 3
how did everyone find it
Original post by F1OAH
how did everyone find it

I found it better than Unit 2 (Databases) and better than the mock papers I have completed. Wasn't too bad I thought to be honest. How did you find it?
How did everyone find the exam today guys and girls?

:u:
Reply 6
Original post by bananaman10950
I found it better than Unit 2 (Databases) and better than the mock papers I have completed. Wasn't too bad I thought to be honest. How did you find it?

it was ok to be honest. the 10 marker was the worst
Original post by F1OAH
it was ok to be honest. the 10 marker was the worst

Oh yeah the environmental one? Yeah I just found it weird that they were asking about how the environmental issues impact the the IT users and organisations. I knew how to write about environmental issues but not really how they impact the users and organisations :smile:
Reply 8
Oh yeah the environmental one? Yeah I just found it weird that they were asking about how the environmental issues impact the the IT users and organisations. I knew how to write about environmental issues but not really how they impact the users and organisations :smile:

it wasconfsusing how they worded it
Reply 9
what ab the moral and ethical issues question. the code of practise one
Original post by F1OAH
it wasconfsusing how they worded it

Yes it was. I didn't like it at all. How did you find the flowchart?
Reply 11
Yes it was. I didn't like it at all. How did you find the flowchart?

wasnt too bad , how about you?
Original post by F1OAH
what ab the moral and ethical issues question. the code of practise one

I didn't know what to write about the computer misuse bit of the moral and ethical question but I think I was alright with the copyright and data protection.

And the code of practise one I didn't really like, wasn't too sure what to put
Original post by F1OAH
wasnt too bad , how about you?

I much prefer having a flowchart like this rather than a diagram though to be honest
Reply 14
I found this paper soo much better than unit 2. I think the only question I really struggled on was the hard drive question, I didn't revise that, so I didn't really write anything. The environmental one, was okay, I'm not sure I wrote enough but eh. Just praying I still get a distinction
I forgot to write a conclusion for the last question about legislations and now I’m stressing cause I don’t know how many marks conclusions cost .
Hello everyone can anyone tell me about the questions that came up on the exam and an idea of what I should revise because I missed my exam because of covid
Original post by Samii.A
I found this paper soo much better than unit 2. I think the only question I really struggled on was the hard drive question, I didn't revise that, so I didn't really write anything. The environmental one, was okay, I'm not sure I wrote enough but eh. Just praying I still get a distinction

Hello can you tell me about the questions that came up on the exam and an idea of what I should revise because I missed my exam because of covid
I didn't know what to write about the computer misuse bit of the moral and ethical question but I think I was alright with the copyright and data protection.

And the code of practise one I didn't really like, wasn't too sure what to put

Do you remember any more questions
Reply 19
Original post by Mustafa123e
Hello can you tell me about the questions that came up on the exam and an idea of what I should revise because I missed my exam because of covid

You will get a different paper in the summer when you sit the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending