The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology - 6B101 + 6B102 - Unit 1 and Unit 2 Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Larky
I got 25 as well

It was 50% mate, the dad was homozygous ressive and the mother was heterozygous.

0% homozygous dominent
50% heterozygous
50% homozygous ressive
Original post by .JC.
It was 50%.

Yup got 50% overall found that an easy paper
Original post by Gabriella.xo_
Who else got 50% for the genetic question? Because some of my friends are saying it was 25%, and now I'm worried.

I got 50% too :smile:
What did you get for the last one ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by barbiex
Omg seriously wtf was that last question:frown: what did people write

I wrote about the cardiac cycle - systole and diastole and how it's higher pressure going to the body etc..

anyone else?
Reply 786
Original post by Ash7498
It was 50% mate, the dad was homozygous restive and the mother was heterozygous.

0% homozygous dominent
50% heterozygous
50% homozygous ressive

That's bad news then! Ah ^^ goes another couple of marks
Original post by luckycactus1337
It can only be 50 % as the female has was homozygous

It was 50% however it was the woman who water heterozygous. The man had the condition hence he was homozygous recessive. The woman was heterozygous therefore she was a carrier.
Original post by Neuth
Enzymes did come up though :giggle:

That chat really helped out :biggrin: Allan was huge help too!
Actually love that exam. Cardiac cycle woopwooop. Didn't specifcally like the differences between replication + transcription and the 3 mark on the positioning of 35 and 52 for lysozymes.
How did the exam go? I thought it went well :u:
Reply 791
What about that question where all R molecules has this but glucose doesn't???
This exam was calm, but some questions like the template was weird😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I referred to the point where the AV valves close after atrial systole causing an increase in pressure In the ventricles etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people put for the 3rd multi choice on question 1 - benefits of DNA being double stranded.
Reply 795
Original post by lucy97
I wrote about the cardiac cycle - systole and diastole and how it's higher pressure going to the body etc..

anyone else?

I described and explained what happened at each stage, which valves were open/closed and why, and where the highest pressure was, relating to points on the graph.
I said oxygen 😓😓😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by N.Choi
What about that question where all R molecules has this but glucose doesn't???

nitrogen
I got 50% also and I wrote for the controlled variables of the daphnia practical - Volume of caffeine solution and species of daphnia
What did you guys put for the one where it said how does two amino acids form part of the active site when they come close together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending