The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology - 6B101 + 6B102 - Unit 1 and Unit 2 Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BakedBean142
Also, the question about obesity without having high blood pressure and suggest what they should do and why this would reduce CVD risk (or something along those lines) , the one after the BMI question. Am I correct in thinking that increasing exercise would help because it would create an energy balance, use up fat reserves and therefore reduce blood cholesterol levels and risk of a CVD.

Yeah that's correct, though I put diet instead!
Original post by Chuffers
yes i got all what you've said but can't remember what D was for the first multiple choice?
Actually I can remember and yes you're right.

d- for first was taking about a link between phosphate and sugar chain
believe it was 0.32...but 13.5 is correct.

Ugh I know... so stupid. Actually I think I put 0.5kPa instead... :frown:(((((((
Original post by gameofthrones1
Yeah that's correct, though I put diet instead!

Cheers, i'm happy now, this exam seems to have gone far too well........... just wait until unit2
Original post by Alaric III
I got 0.14, but 13.5 was definitely right

I know the feel

On a personal level I think this retake went really well, fairly sure I didn't drop more than 18 marks tops, the grade boundaries would have to be exceptionally high for it not to be A. Achieved what I set out to so **** yeah! Hope it went well for everyone else too :smile:

lol yeah i meant 0.14! same think I muse have gotten an A this time round, got a C in it last year, was a horrible paper last year...
This was a retake for me and I kept writing pKa instead of kPa....ugh chemistry

I only just realised that I've done exactly that! ****!
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm so ****ING stupid; I put 0.14 and 13.5 initially then I decided to be an absolute DICKHEAD and put down 3.2s and 0.5kPa..... UDFNODNJAFSJDNL;DFKJAJKPDOEIFADV
Original post by Maronite
I'm so ****ING stupid; I put 0.14 and 13.5 initially then I decided to be an absolute DICKHEAD and put down 3.2s and 0.5kPa..... UDFNODNJAFSJDNL;DFKJAJKPDOEIFADV

2 marks, it was only 2 marks! I've made a lot of silly mistakes, probably ended up with a B, but hey it's still better than last years E haha.
Original post by Rubberduckiller
58 maybe???
Is it out of 82? I cant remember
Original post by BakedBean142
Cheers, i'm happy now, this exam seems to have gone far too well........... just wait until unit2

Haha this was a retake for me!! Already secured and A in unit 2 last year:wink: 😂
[QUOTE=smdmofo;56089041]Is it out of 82? I cant remember

It's out of 80
Original post by A-LJLB
2 marks, it was only 2 marks! I've made a lot of silly mistakes, probably ended up with a B, but hey it's still better than last years E haha.

I know I know but you use those numbers for the other questions later on so snjdfkslagsgalsffnd... oh well. Just have to absolutely KILL unit 4/5 now.
Wait I put 0.14 is it correct?:s-smilie:
I know I know but you use those numbers for the other questions later on so snjdfkslagsgalsffnd... oh well. Just have to absolutely KILL unit 4/5 now.

Same, I'm already dreading unit 5
Original post by smdmofo

Supposedly. I put 3.2(????) and 0.5kPa because my thought pattern was that, if the valves are closed, then surely the pressure would start increasing (which it did up to 0.5kPa)...ugh i dunno anymore
Original post by smdmofo

I got 0.14 but then changed to 0.15, do you think they'll have leeway?
Original post by Ryanrafferson
Same, I'm already dreading unit 5

Haven't touched my unit 5 notes in like months... haven't done past papers for either.
Supposedly. I put 3.2(????) and 0.5kPa because my thought pattern was that, if the valves are closed, then surely the pressure would start increasing (which it did up to 0.5kPa)...ugh i dunno anymore

I just thought it would need to close before pressure started to properly rise in the atrium to prevent back flow that why I put 0.14
Haven't touched my unit 5 notes in like months... haven't done past papers for either.

Same here. This half term I have to spend literally every day on Unit 4 and Unit 5. Can't afford to fail biology
why would blood clotting be wrong for the one about high blood pressure? I mentioned atherosclerosis but only briefly :frown::frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending