The Student Room Group

Future Tory leader Boris Johnson humiliated live on air.

[video="youtube;2wKYS_C3a70"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wKYS_C3a70[/video]

Absolutely dominated. Boris once again showing himself up for the buffoon he truly is, Miliband couldn't stop himself laughing.

Ed: "Don't get rattled Boris, come on now"
Boris: [incomprehensible mumbling about backstabbing]

Boris should count himself lucky no one brought up the fact that he back-stabbed his own wife. Could have been even worse for him.

The right-wing Tory media spin on this is also quite funny. (Right of blue bar)

Discuss. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, Boris comes across very badly in that.
Reply 2
:s-smilie: That's a humiliation.

Miliband held his line but he hardly put him down.
I'm more interested in the fact that Ed Miliband would actually betray his own flesh and blood like that. For the vast majority of people regardless of their social class/job family is incredibly important, and I think you'd find most people would never be willing to do that to their own family. It hints at a very dark and manipulative side to Miliband, which makes me fear the thought of him in power even more.
Boris has built his career on being the loveable buffoon but today his mask slipped and we saw the true Boris which is an egotistical and nasty man.

It is also ironic he accused Miliband of stabbing his brother in the back when Boris has stabbed his wife multiple times in the back with his extramarital affairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenkinsear
I'm more interested in the fact that Ed Miliband would actually betray his own flesh and blood like that. For the vast majority of people regardless of their social class/job family is incredibly important, and I think you'd find most people would never be willing to do that to their own family. It hints at a very dark and manipulative side to Miliband, which makes me fear the thought of him in power even more.

Ed Miliband took on his brother David Miliband in a fair fight, Ed won. Boris on the other hand went behind his wife's back and cheated on her multiple times.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Ed Miliband took on his brother David Miliband in a fair fight, Ed won. Boris on the other hand went behind his wife's back and cheated on her.

It's not really quite that simple regarding Ed: there are allegations that he misled David claiming he wouldn't run, then jumped in and stole his thunder. There's a reason they apparently have a very frosty relationship now and Ed's own mother described it as being heartbreaking for her. I don't really see how any normal person could be willing to do that to their own brother to be honest.

As for Boris, I naturally don't support adultery. However at this point in time I see Ed's questionable morality as far more important as he could potentially be PM in a few weeks. Boris, if his time comes, will of course deserve the same scrutiny.
Not his finest performance. And I don't see him becoming Tory leader.
there are allegations

Allegations from the right wing Tory press. On the other hand, it's well established that Boris is a serial cheater.

Original post by tengentoppa

I'm curious to hear who you have in mind then? I am clearly bias, but the entire Tory front bench is full of even bigger vote losers than Boris.
Allegations from the right wing Tory press. On the other hand, it's well established that Boris is a serial cheater.

I'm curious to hear who you have in mind then? I am clearly bias, but the entire Tory front bench is full of even bigger vote losers than Boris.

Could be Theresa May. I think Osborne is too unpopular with the general public to be considered a vote-winner by the Conservatives.

Or it could be someone who isn't very well known at the moment. David Cameron wasn't a well-known figure until he became Tory leader.
:lol: are you ****in' kidding me?
in that case, ed miliband has been eradicated in PMQs pretty much every week.

Too early to tell. It depends on if he wins this election, how the EU vote goes and various other things besides. The field is wide open at this stage, but I don't think Boris is electable and I don't think the Tories would choose him.
It's not really quite that simple regarding Ed: there are allegations that he misled David claiming he wouldn't run, then jumped in and stole his thunder. There's a reason they apparently have a very frosty relationship now and Ed's own mother described it as being heartbreaking for her. I don't really see how any normal person could be willing to do that to their own brother to be honest.

As for Boris, I naturally don't support adultery. However at this point in time I see Ed's questionable morality as far more important as he could potentially be PM in a few weeks. Boris, if his time comes, will of course deserve the same scrutiny.

Then I hope you're also posting so zealously about Cameron and Osborne and their activities smashing up small British businesses in the Bullingdon Club and then writing a cheque off Daddy's account to cover the damage.

The Milibands engaged in an open leadership contest that is the most structured, formalised and with the broadest constituency of any of the political parties. There is very little room for deception. Even if there were, why should the cut and thrust of politics be suspended just because the two candidates are brothers?

If anything it shows Miliband cares more about doing what he thinks is best for the country than he does about the sort of cosy gentlemen's agreements and family connections Tories think constitute a healthy framework for the ruling class to operate under.

It's not about family or fairness or anything like that, stop pretending. It's very simple: after so many years of Blair, right-wingers just can't get over the fact that a left-winger was elected to the leadership of the Labour Party rather than one of their own.
Original post by zippity.doodah
:lol: are you ****in' kidding me?
in that case, ed miliband has been eradicated in PMQs pretty much every week.

You'll notice that the baying mob of Tories who usually drown out his contributions were absent from the Marr interview. It's also quite hard to win PMQs when Cameron simply refuses to answer your questions.
It's not really quite that simple regarding Ed: there are allegations that he misled David claiming he wouldn't run, then jumped in and stole his thunder.

allegations to that effect wouldn't make sense. First, 'jumped in' sounds like a surprise last minute entry in the karaoke, but the thing about that campaign was how bizarrely drawn-out it was: with months and months between declarations and outcome.

And there was never much prospect of either of these stealing the other's thunder, or anyway the other's votes. The person who was a bit naughty there was David Miliband, who formally endorsed Diane Abbott's candidacy on the stated ground of his wanting a more diverse platform, albeit misspelling her name on the nomination paper. And that was properly odd: candidates don't nominate others as candidates and DM should have at the very least to have been aware that she would or might take votes from his brother, who'd already declared himself as standing, while she'd surely be taking none off him.
Original post by scrotgrot
You'll notice that the baying mob of Tories who usually drown out his contributions were absent from the Marr interview. It's also quite hard to win PMQs when Cameron simply refuses to answer your questions.

ed miliband never answers questions.

"is SNP win a lot of sats, would you do a deal with them?"
-"I'm working for a majority labour government"

"would you block a move to install a european army?"
-"there isn't going to be a european army"

or, basically, if he ever is asked a question, he'll go of on a wild tangent with phrases like "I think", "let me be clear" or "look" without answering the question at all, littering the sentences with buzz words (like "cost of living crisis", "squeezed middle", "working people", etc)

so don't tell me he's better than cameron.
Original post by zippity.doodah
ed miliband never answers questions.

"is SNP win a lot of sats, would you do a deal with them?"
-"I'm working for a majority labour government"

"would you block a move to install a european army?"
-"there isn't going to be a european army"

or, basically, if he ever is asked a question, he'll go of on a wild tangent with phrases like "I think", "let me be clear" or "look" without answering the question at all, littering the sentences with buzz words (like "cost of living crisis", "squeezed middle", "working people", etc)

so don't tell me he's better than cameron.

Pfft whatever, he's a politician. Is Cameron any different? Are any of the party leaders?

You can't answer questions straight because then they end up in 200 point font on the front of the Mail. Buzz words you also have to have because of the media and the general idiocy of people/lack of time they have to look into politics.

I do take your point to some extent but you have to at least agree that answering questions on future hypotheticals in quick-fire interviews is a lot different to defending your record, at length, on things you've already done at PMQs.
Reply 17
Not a labour supporter but clear win for Miliband. Boris couldn't get a point in because he was incompetent / getting angry at being owned by Miliband :tongue:
The Tories with their constant attacks about Miliband 'backstabbing' his brother are hilarious, they don't have any real arguments so they resort to nasty personal attacks like that. Critize his policies instead. Boris Johnson is vile, as evidenced by that video.
Original post by tengentoppa

He'd need to become an MP first.
Something the OP appears to have forgotten about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending