The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Chinese students at bristol

Are there many chinese students studying at bristol? What’s the percentage roughly and is there a particular accommodation that they usually stay at? Are there any societies for chinese students at bristol so that they could celebrate CNY, mid autumn festival etc? On general are students at bristol welcoming towards chinese students? Many thanks x
Original post by Anonymous
Are there many chinese students studying at bristol? What’s the percentage roughly and is there a particular accommodation that they usually stay at? Are there any societies for chinese students at bristol so that they could celebrate CNY, mid autumn festival etc? On general are students at bristol welcoming towards chinese students? Many thanks x

hey !! i'm currently a uob student, first year and yes there are quite a few chinese students here. international and british born chinese, i'm not too sure on the statistic tho but there are a decent amount of us haha
there are quite a few different societies for chinese students and ones that are based around chinese culture
- chinese society
- ABACUS (association of british and chinese university students)
- CSSA (chinese students and scholars association)
- chinese theatre and film society
- Chinese Chess and Calligraphy Society
- Chinese Lion Dance society
yeah so theres quite a few and yeah overrall i'd say bristol are quite welcoming towards chinese students as theres already alot of us :smile: hope this was useful
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by DannyJLewis
Why do people that are so desperate to flee totalitarian regimes, then go on to endlessly celebrate the festivals of these regimes the minute they arrive in the west?

Chinese festivals that date back thousands of years and have been celebrated throughout much of the nation's history are not the celebrations of a regime that is yet to exist for even 100 years.
Reply 3
Original post by DannyJLewis
Great so why not go back there then?

Well, I would not like to speak for others, but I would assume the strong and prestigious status of many UK universities is what brings international students here.
Reply 4
Original post by BrahminBolshevzm
Why do so many of them keep wearing these masks? Surely that is tacit acknowledgement that the MRNA vaccines are sh1t.

Many people from East Asia wore masks in public spaces even before covid - to protect themselves from pollution/ stop the spread of illness etc
Original post by alexiia
Many people from East Asia wore masks in public spaces even before covid - to protect themselves from pollution/ stop the spread of illness etc

Clean air hasn't been an issue in the UK for 30 years. The rates of Asthma etc have plummeted. Most standard masks are highly ineffective anyway, plus the vaccines were supposed to be the solution weren't they?

I think to be honest we need protecting from them. Why for example was Boris Johnson advocating for mass Hong Kong migration even in mid 2021?
Reply 6
Original post by BrahminBolshevzm
Clean air hasn't been an issue in the UK for 30 years. The rates of Asthma etc have plummeted. Most standard masks are highly ineffective anyway, plus the vaccines were supposed to be the solution weren't they?

I think to be honest we need protecting from them. Why for example was Boris Johnson advocating for mass Hong Kong migration even in mid 2021?

Agreed - its mostly a cultural behaviour but it is unrealistic to expect EA to just disregard facemasks and change as soon as they move to another country.
You say them as though the Chinese are a threat - why is that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending