The Student Room Group

Russell Brand has gone from 'don't vote' to practically endorsing Labour

[video="youtube;zwGBTcIHN0U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGBTcIHN0U[/video]

From 'don't vote' to 'vote Labour'.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The guy is a joke. Yet the multitude of ignorant young people prepared to take his word as gospel make him very dangerous. I wonder if he'll be the one to call violent protests when he realises he's been duped...
The two worst things you could possibly do on Election Day...
He hasn't practically endorsed Labour, he has endorsed Labour.

I do find it strange he goes from the extreme of telling people not to vote, to then telling people to vote one of two mainstream parties. I thought he was completely anti-mainstream.
He just craves attention ffs
'I know I said don't vote, but actually I meant do politics every day... but obviously vote'.

Kudos to him for growing up a bit I suppose.
Reply 6
Tbh he probably has influenced my vote. I didn't really understand politics before I started watching his YouTube channel.

I was either not going to bother voting, in my area one vote won't make a difference (?), the same party win every single year or go and spoil my ballot.

However now i'm considering labour or, as i've just found it there is someone representing the Greens in my area which they wasn't last time, which represent me the most. Vote for who represents me or vote for who actually stands a (very small) chance.

Or i'm just being a gullible sheep.
Original post by Reluire
He hasn't practically endorsed Labour, he has endorsed Labour.

I do find it strange he goes from the extreme of telling people not to vote, to then telling people to vote one of two mainstream parties. I thought he was completely anti-mainstream.

He is anti-establishment but during his 'political journey' he has realized that you can achieve more by addressing the political powers that be. So now he's basically taken Owen Jones and a majority of people's position of both voting AND protesting as a form of achieving change.
Original post by LivngForSummer
He is anti-establishment but during his 'political journey' he has realized that you can achieve more by addressing the political powers that be. So now he's basically taken Owen Jones and a majority of people's position of both voting AND protesting as a form of achieving change.

He's a bit slow on the uptake isn't he? People like myself have been saying this should have been his approach the whole time for yonks.
Original post by N!*
Tbh he probably has influenced my vote. I didn't really understand politics before I started watching his YouTube channel.

Honestly, if you didn't know anything about politics before starting watching his channel, you certainly don't know anything about it now.
Reply 10
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Honestly, if you didn't know anything about politics before starting watching his channel, you certainly don't know anything about it now.

Yeah that thought occurred to me as well. Don't think I should vote then.
Original post by Reluire
He's a bit slow on the uptake isn't he? People like myself have been saying this should have been his approach the whole time for yonks.

I guess meeting Milliband has changed his mind; Milliband convinced him that when people protest and get out on the streets, he will listen.

From 'don't vote' to 'vote Labour'.

Glad he's changed his tune.

Though I would challenge his position on supporting labour.

The best possible thing to do is to vote for any party that isn't the big two, getting us a little closer to PR.

Original post by N!*

Don't not vote. I would simply recommend spoiling your ballot.
He requires a reality check. He's the modern version of Karl Marx
Original post by N!*

Don't be discouraged all you have to do is vote for the party which you think represents your views.
He endorses Labour because Miliband might actually listen to the people, certainly much more than Cameron ever would. It's a case of the lesser of two evils. Under either system he intends to continue with 'revolution', but the ****ty system might as well be less ****ty in the meantime. At least Miliband recognises the political sway Brand has with younger people. By calling Brand a joke, Cameron actually calls a large majority of young people who sympathise with Brand's ideas jokes by association. Miliband may not agree with everything Brand says, but he at least recognises and understands there is an underlying situation that over a million people are unhappy with.
Reply 16
Don't be discouraged all you have to do is vote for the party which you think represents your views.
Yeah but last time I was going to vote for Lib Dems, but then decided I was too young and naive to make a sensible decision. Which turned out to be the correct decision to make. Not much has changed, I feel they all lie anyway to get votes.
Should I just spoil my ballot and say 'I don't understand politics'.
Reply 17
Hopefully any idiots that would follow his advice haven't registered.
Original post by quentinhamilton
He requires a reality check. He's the modern version of Karl Marx

Wow, seriously?
Reply 19
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Glad he's changed his tune.

Though I would challenge his position on supporting labour.

The best possible thing to do is to vote for any party that isn't the big two, getting us a little closer to PR.

Don't not vote. I would simply recommend spoiling your ballot.

Don't you get fined for not voting, just like you get fined for not registering vote?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending